Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 2,754 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
    pobaker
    Free Member

troy lee d4 carbon delivered today (nice plain black rather than garish as well!) – £94 after the SAVE code was applied yesterday (down from RRP of £550!), other sizes were still £385 for some reason (I bagged a Large).
    Absolute bargain, my old D3 full face helmet is getting on a bit now, so this is a bargain of a replacement!
    Also ordered a set of 165mm SLX cranks for £20 but they got cancelled – that was a shame as I actually properly needed those for a bike build.

alan1977
    Free Member

@Pobaker, ive got a brand new Deore 6120 crank with 30t chainring, 170mm  i took off a new bike, PM me if any interest

convert

This thread, and the Chiggle car crash are giving me serious FOMO. There are a few things I might want but nothing I actually need. But despite this and significant cash flow issues I still find myself chasing rainbows. I was seriously thinking about buying a £180 add on to my smart trainer last night – a thing that not only did I not previously want, but never knew existed an hour before. But by christ, the Chiggle fire sale has thrown up quite how god awful their websites are. The filter options, once present but now missing, the products that show up as in stock until you click on them and find no options are available. You filter for size large for example and a thing crop up, but when you click on it only the XS is in stock.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

@northwind you now get stats for listing On HUKD , that pink/cream five ten jacket I posted has had 170k views on screens,
    5800+ clicks onto the post and then 1500+ click through to house of Fraser,
    On house of Fraser I had a popup saying popular product sold 48 in the last 24 hours, and that’s a pretty standard post ..

Wiggle is likely getting far more hits as we all text our mates they text other friends then everyone’s clicking away

nickjb
    Free Member

That buzzbike seems to be back at £499 (for now)

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/buzzbike-h700-urban-e-bike

crossed

I wonder if the bikes they’ve got left are likely to get discounted further?

I’ve got my eye on one which isn’t a bad price as it is but I’ll not be hitting the buy button unless it drops a bit more.

grimep
    Free Member

Nice to see some people have got incredible bargains but when I’ve looked on CRC/Wig its been a waste of time. 29er Hope Fortus rear wheels with Pro5 hub for 60 odd quid? I thought I did quite well getting one for 250 from Merlin in the Jan sales.Had a look the other night when people were talking about CRC on here, wasted an hour searching through clothes that were either full price in a large, out of stock or not my thing. They had Shimano mtb gear cable sets with the outer and plastic bits for 19.99 reduced from 24.99, but Biketart are selling them for less than 9 quid.

nickjb
    Free Member

Nice to see some people have got incredible bargains but when I’ve looked on CRC/Wig its been a waste of time.

It is hard work. I spent ages looking at shoes and pretty much had to click on every item and go through the options. Some not in my size, some in my size but not reduced in that size. Eventually found a single pair. The hope wheel frenzy was “fun” too. Find the right wheel, then it goes out of stock while checking out. Did get one with the sram instead of Shimano. Hopefully can do something with it.

Had some great deals but also wasted much time looking.

andy4d

The 3 items in my basket have all increased in price plus with the save code not working they are not the bargain they were. I will see if they go down again otherwise I won’t bother.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Some right deals but you had to work hard to find them and then buy quickly and frequently, it helps to know your requirements up front, there was a right mix of hope wheels
    (6 colours, 4 size rims , multiple rim structures and widths, 4 or 5 spoke counts, CL or 6 bolt, 5 freehub types,

I managed to bag 2 rear wheels and a spare hub (just for the microspline) only one has shipped so far
    If you’d tried to get a pair it was impossible

Rather than trawl through everything go for the brands you wear , or items you require .

People will always go for the big ticket items first , the sram xx1 powermetre axs drivetrain sets didn’t last long although had a few variants sat in my basket for half an hour at 3pm

purple_moose
    Free Member

So far I’ve managed a TLD long sleeve jersey, TLD short sleeve jersey, TLD trousers, Fox elbow pads and Leat flat pedal shoes for a total of about £110

It’s time consuming to find the deals though much harder than pre Christmas – had one order cancelled for an reverb dropper remote

Andy

Nice to see some people have got incredible bargains but when I’ve looked on CRC/Wig its been a waste of time.

I put the time in before hand to identify what I really wanted and kept an eye on those items so was ready when they were discounted

The 3 items in my basket have all increased in price

I think thats just the Sales rate based pricing algorythm of new web kicking in. I suspect the heavy discounting is being done by some poor soul on a laptop, without a job to look forward to. Likely to be done in waves to allow for despatch to catch up.

you had to work hard to find them and then buy quickly and frequently

Yep, this. As soon as saw them, added to basket and checked out straight away.  Picked up a few things. Hope Pro5 rear wheels & cranks the best. Hope wheels bought a load which were delivered today to get the hubs and freehubs I want. About to build two Pro4 wheels so will use the Pro5 wheels instead for the hubs and sell on the spare Pro5 wheels, Pro4 hubs and Fortus rims.

purple_moose
    Free Member

The code EXTRA10 just worked for me on CRC for one of the TLD helmets

Fueled
    Free Member

I’m also not finding masses of deals on stuff I actually want. Partly this must be down to the number of people who are keeping an eye on stock like vultures ready to swoop, the website traffic must be enormous now compared to usual.

For me, the best deals were back in early December when presumably there were liquidity pressures or a warehouse which needed emptying pronto. The Lifeline stuff was practically being given away, and the Prime Attaquer wheels were far cheaper than they needed to be.

Northwind

It has mostly made me realise I have a lot of stuff already.

tall_martin

If anyone has a hope hub/ wheel going spare I’m interested!

Hub- 28 hole, 148mm rear, 6 bolt, Shimano hg free hub

Or

Wheel-Rear, 29″, 148mm, 30/ mountain rim, 6 bolt, Shimano hg free hub.

Wrong freehub or center lock would be fine.

I hesitated over one with a center lock hub and it was gone before I checked out.

genecheeseman
    Free Member

Ordered a buzzbike h700 on friday and it was delivered by parcelforce yesterday- they text a delivery slot time around half 8, and the bike came between 11 & 12, as they said.

Given how quickly some of the vitus bikes have sold out, this was a bit of an impulse buy/rushed purchase, whilst at work- and I missed the extra 10%

Never a £2500 bike! So i was a bit suckered there by the ‘80%’ off.

As already stated, its been sold at £1250 before, a quick look on ebay had them from £950 -£1150.

£500 feels like an absolute bargain for a belt driven e-bike.

Just done the first commute on it, and its great fun.

Its like an automatic 2 speed gear box, that seems to change whenever it feels like it!

There are no instructions in the box, but googling ‘Buzzbike EZ’ has some info, as ‘h700’ is the bafang motor.

* double tap the power button to turn the dynamo lights on.

jkomo

GC- how far is your commute, I’m considering it for a 20 mile each way, I’ll change the contact points of course!

slackboy

Looks like my wheels are getting delivered today and the step cast fork is in transit for delivery on Friday.

I really hope they are 26″ wheels like the listing said.

chakaping

Got dispatch notes for all my Wiggle steals bar one, but it’s not been cancelled either.

and sell on the spare Pro5 wheels, Pro4 hubs and Fortus rims.

I suspect there’s going to be a bit of a glut of Hope stuff on eBay over the coming months.

:D

Andy

Ha I am so busy rn, other than check whats in the box I wont have time to think about what I have bought for next couple months :(

Also just noticed refund processed from Wiggle for a couple out of stock notifications, so thats re-assuring

kimbers

Ive had quite a few stonking bargains in my crc basket; brakes, helmet, cassete, shoes, shorts

but in the end didn’t checkout, I actually have almost all of those bnib in my spares box from other online PSAs & local Specialized store shutting down last month.

My wife & kids are all rocking nice 5-10, spesh & 100% gear too

ive reached max consumerism for a while

alan1977
    Free Member

nothing processed on my orders from monday night yet

stevedoc
    Free Member

Got notification on the Lyriks at 7pm last night ..seems I got lucky shames I didnt get lucky with some 35s but cant moan

Andy

I placed a few orders. I noticed that at one point Wiggle+ next day delivery stopped being an option. Everything ordered on Wiggle+ arrived the next day (yesterday) except for a couple items due this morning. No picking errors either. Given how much duress staff and systems must be under, thats pretty fantastic service. Thanks Wiggle!

(I also have a few orders that havent processed)

walowiz

All my endura shorts arrived – next day after I ordered with standard delivery! And at £21 each – complete bargain.

chakaping

Couple of deliveries arriving today apparently.

woodster

I’ve got 2 dispatched from 5 orders (I know I didn’t want to either, but stuff was selling out so fast and that includes one from pre the mega sale and one from yesterday)

I don’t really need the Hope wheel, but I could really use the Poc sunnies.

ogden
    Free Member

Flying out! 3x orders expected today.

flyingpotatoes

Hope wheel just been delivered 👌
    Didn’t think I would actually get it for £62

razorrazoo

Managed to snag a couple of GP 5000 tyres at half price plus some 100% sunnies and a bargain (as long as it fits) Leatt jacket. Had a dispatch notice so fingers crossed.

Lost the will to live browsing and managed to stop myself buying stuff I don’t need.

genecheeseman
    Free Member

Jkomo-

Commute was 6 flattish city miles this morning.

I’m not sure how the ‘range’ of 2 gears would cope on hills, but haven’t figured out what the different colours represent in terms of ‘power’ settings.

Had a flick through them, but couldn’t tell much difference.

I’d be looking for something a bit more speed orientated for a 20 mile commute.

I have an old ridgeback flight converted with a swytch kit, that I used to do 25 miles each way on. That bike is a lot nipper than the Buzzbike, but has a 52t cog on the front, and 11-42 on the back.

Steveo

@woodster (or anyone else) that no longer needs their 27.5 hope rear boost wheel. I’d be interested. 30/35. Most hub variations considered. Thanks 🙏

jonjones262
    Free Member

My 27.5 Lyrik Ultimates just arrived. How have we had these for £220 instead of £1000? it’s madness!

The price is up to £600 now, but out of stock

wordnumb
    Free Member

Be wary of sudden £ changes between item page and Wiggle basket, stopped me buying a very silly pair of gloves.

jkomo

Thanks GC- I need a reason not to buy it. Might bafang up an old bike instead.

snotrag

Well colour me chuffed to bloody bits.

£286 delivered Zipp 1Zero Hitop 30mm, 1500 gram (just weighed ’em) Carbon wheels.

I do feel a pang of guilt and bad for the staff involved, and I do need to swap XD for Microspline but even so, given that I was actively searching for some nice XC/Trail type wheels and only dreaming of carbon, I am well, well pleased.

20240228_12352020240228_123514

I was slightly tempted to pay a little more and get the real fancy ones with tyrewiz etc, but I am actively avoiding batteries and electronics on my bike so I’m not too fussed.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

well it seems my hope wheel hasnt been shipped, only had one box delivered (fox elbow pads, very happy), should have been two, rang parcelforce they confirmed they’ve only had one parcel from supplier, not counting my eggs till they are in hand

snotrag

@whatyadoinsucka those wheels came in completely seperate shipments, with notifications hours apart despite being one order. I did get in a bit of tizz thinking I was gonna end up with a front and not a rear…. Dont panic just yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 2,754 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.