Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,755 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • jkomo

Dyna-ti I saw that bike last week then lost it. Would make a great commuter, although I’d end up blinking it out with sale parts! Shame I missed it.
    Ladies Buffalo mountain shirts at 60% off.

RustyNissanPrairie

Various Merrel and Berghaus hiking shoes/boots around the £25-30 mark on wiggle. Not much left and bit of a jumble sale size wise.

nixie

Really odd how there are lots of products with some variants 80% off and others at full price! Doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it.

weeksy

Some superb bargain Crankbrothers shoes on Wiggle today, sadly not really cheap in Flats, but some clipped ones like the purple ones are bargains.

GeForceJunky

Boo, Hope rear wheel order got cancelled. V4 rotors dispatched but nothing on the front hub order yet.

a11y

Camelbak Eddy 0.75L bottle, £2.99 down from £20.

And if in doubt, try the SAVE discount code. No idea what products it’s applying to but it worked unexpectedly on an order last night.

nickjb
    Free Member

Boo, Hope rear wheel order got cancelled. V4 rotors dispatched but nothing on the front hub order yet.

Opposite here. Front hub cancelled, no news on rear wheel

stevie750

Front hub shipped , but wont be surprised if it does get cancelled
    nothing about wheel

alan1977
    Free Member

highlights and stuff i bought
    leatt flat shoes
    leatt 4 helmet
    leatt gloves
    tld jersey
    endura mt500 splash proof trousers, packable jacket
    and the pads mentioned above

riddoch

I had a couple of hope wheels cancelled yesterday as well, does mean I’m getting free shipping of the socks that were also on the order.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I ordered a hope wheel and subsequently realised I’ll need to buy a steel freehub for it for the ebike which is actually 90 quid, so hopefully mine will get cancelled to!

chakaping

does mean I’m getting free shipping of the socks that were also on the order.

#winning

No cancellations for me yet, but no dispatch notifications yet either.

Rich_s

No dispatch notifications here either. But I guess they’re having to send a truck especially for me 😁

flyingmonkeycorps

Well if everything turns up this thread has either cost me or saved me a fortune, depending on your point of view…

jonjones262
    Free Member

Balls, ordered a set of the 27.5 Lyrik ultimates last night :D

heebyjeeby

Cannot believe the variances between some of the costs on wiggle vs crc eg I ordered a pair of those purple crank bros shoes last night for £27 from wiggle but on CRC the same shoes/size would be £90 less EXTRA 10 so £81. Also Troy Lee shorts there (also ordered) there are big differences too.
    Still waiting for the dispatch notification as well, admittedly

appltn

Just snagged a few pairs of my favourite Leatt 4.0 gloves for £11.99 (I think I paid nearly £50 for the last pair!).

https://www.wiggle.com/p/leatt-mtb-4-0-lite-gloves

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think maybe the fire sale hadn’t actually started given the discrepancies in price.

Suprised they haven’t just stuck it all on ebay, but they do seem to get a lot of non-paying auction winners given the amount of stuff they relist.

5lab
    Free Member

I ordered a hope wheel and subsequently realised I’ll need to buy a steel freehub for it for the ebike which is actually 90 quid, so hopefully mine will get cancelled to!

if you use a 1-piece cassette carrier (rather than one where each ring separately pushes the freehub body) it should be fine with the alu freehub

flyingpotatoes

Managed to get a rear hope wheel for £62. Hopefully it turns up.

Just waiting for front wheels to drop even more in price.

flyingpotatoes

didn’t realise the code EXTRA10 at CRC works on the hope wheels.

Can get a front hope wheel for £119 which is very good. Not as good as the £62 rear wheels from yesterday though.

Fueled
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any good deals on 160mm centre lock rotors, XT/XTR or equivalent pretty please?

Not quite xt, but Ribble has RT70 slx down to £11 each. Can’t link right now but sure you will find it

captaintomo
    Free Member

Shame those Buzzbikes have disappeared I had my eye on one and there were more than 30 available yesterday afternoon so I’m not sure where they went.

mashr

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    I think maybe the fire sale hadn’t actually started given the discrepancies in price.

yeah it’s a bit odd at the moment really. Even across a particular brand (e.g. Endura, which they seem to have masses of) the discount is all over the place.

I wonder if thye’re just going through things brand at a time to work out what they actually own before punting it

nixie

I wonder if they are going through warehouse by warehouse (assuming their are multiple buildings at the warehouse site).

ogden
    Free Member

yeah it’s a bit odd at the moment really. Even across a particular brand (e.g. Endura, which they seem to have masses of) the discount is all over the place.

I wonder if thye’re just going through things brand at a time to work out what they actually own before punting it

It’ll be some sort of algorithm, their pricing has always been weird like this hasn’t it.

alan1977
    Free Member

the save code isnt working now
    ive been back in and taken a gamble on some trousers and an external dropper for the lad’s bike

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

probably based on stock levels too, last one in stock selling off cheap.. or overstock on certain sizes.

you’ve got to wonder what hits many suppliers/companies have taken, think many will be wanting VMI (vendor managed inventory) with bigger online platforms in the future,

look at apple / samsung, they can manage their sales channels, volume of stock and its ownership ensuring payment of goods

and those free haribo sweets, thanks haribo, they are owed £20k

woodster

I assume the prices are linked to stock level of particular sizes as well as not wanting to overload the system with too many orders if they reduce all brands or product types at once.

Not sure I’d be ordering a bike from them unless I was sure i could get it sent unbuilt.

jkomo

WYDS I think that’s why there’s only own brand bikes left, the others have probably been taken back.
    I’m still surprised how many forks there are, and that the likes of Privateer or Cotic have t just bought them all.

borosilicate
    Free Member

If anyone got one of said Lyrik Ultimates and has a bad case of buyers remorse… hook me up. I was sitting with a bunch of them in my basket contemplating and when I refreshed the whole lot had gone out of stock, so I think there’s a fair bit of bulk buying going on.

My bargain contribution – got a rim brake road bike you want to show some love? Doyenne 50 carbon £270 on CRC with EXTRA10 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/prime-doyenne-50-carbon-rim-brake-wheelset

alan1977
    Free Member

that top spec rapide FS is at a sensible price again, only L and XL in stock

ogden
    Free Member

My bargain contribution – got a rim brake road bike you want to show some love? Doyenne 50 carbon £270 on CRC with EXTRA10 https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/prime-doyenne-50-carbon-rim-brake-wheelset

I got these for £380 and was really happy with them at that price.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

@captaintomo those buzzbikes are back

chestrockwell
    kelvin

For E6100 motors.

chakaping

It’ll be some sort of algorithm, their pricing has always been weird like this hasn’t it.

Yeah, I feel like they are just pushing some settings on the algorithm way lower than they’d normally be.

And the above point about managing / staggering the demand is an astute one.

So have people been getting dispatch notes for their £63 Pro 5 rear wheels today at all?

howdoo
    Free Member

No dispatch email as yet for my £61.99 rear wheel. Ordered 3pm ish yesterday.

5lab
    Free Member

I think the word “algorithm” is probably over-complicating it. They probably just went through their stock and halfed the price of every unit they had more than 10 of in stock

stevedoc
    Free Member

I awaiting a refunded notice on stuff ordered yesterday . I guess a Hope / Rockshox bun fight ensued with the pricing meaning loads of orders they wont be able to complete.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 2,755 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.