Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 2,755 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • frogstomp

Dirt cheap dirt jumper

Also available in white.

munrobiker
    Free Member
    joebristol

That £199 version looks better – the cheapie one had a mech and cassette on it which you don’t want on a dirt jumper

Northwind

Those Mongi are outrageous tbf. You can’t even buy the MRP chain device for that price.

lovewookie

Thanks for that – Trailcross XTs for £38 posted.

How are the trailcross as normal everyday non biking shoes?

whyterider93
    Free Member

I used my trailcross for a week travelling a fortnight ago. I only had owned them a few days beforehand so minimal breaking in period, but I must have walked about 10 miles per day in them for a week, and wore them at least 15 hours per day and couldn’t find any faults.

I hear that they aren’t very waterproof (fortunately I haven’t had to test that yet) but I sprayed them with water repellent spray and that shakes off a brief wave under a tap. They are nice and breathable though for those of us that get hot feet.

I was walking around St Mortitz and Alp Grum one day with a thin layer of snow and ice and was completely fine.

I wouldn’t recommend them for driving however – they are super sticky and so do stick on the pedals a bit.

zerocool

Those Mongoose DJ bikes would be perfect for anyone who is pumptrack curious.

ElVino
    Free Member

How are the trailcross as normal everyday non biking shoes?

I bought them as a commuter shoe I could wear to the office, don’t find them that comfortably. Old 5:10 are way nicer to wear all day but don’t look as smart. They feel like the old Shimano commuter / leisure shoes. Also a narrow enough fit so I had to size up.

monkeyboyjc

Another Planet X ‘one day’ offer…..

Ti frame ✔️SRAM AXS✔️RS pike ✔️dropper✔️

All for £1499 seems an absolute bargain to me….

On-One Vandal SRAM GX AXS Titanium Mountain Bike

Beagleboy

Cheers for the 510 Freerider link. I’ve fancied trying a pair of 510’s for a while, but have hung onto my flat soled Shimano shoes as they’re not quite dead yet. £30 for a new pair of 510’s delivered to the door is a brilliant deal in my mind. This thread is a goldmine of bargains and good deals. Although it’s costing me a small fortune, I’m absolutely loving it. Keep up the good work!

explorerboy

aaaaaaand that’s me missed out on one of those… Dammit!

goldfish24

That on-one pricing is mental. Almost in “buy a gx axs groupset and get the rest of a decently specced bike AND titanium frame for free…” territory. Looks like large is out of stock but the rest are there.

GeForceJunky

The NS chromo frame is down to £120, please buy them so I’m not tempted to buy another:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/ns-bikes-eccentric-cromo-29-frame-2021?color=black&sizeStandard=s

IMG_20240214_194202

chakaping

NS frame is £99.99 for me.

nickjb
    Free Member

… +£20 postage

chakaping

Aha, cheeky CRC adding that.

40mpg

How are people doing with their Evans 5.10 orders?

I ordered some Kestrel boas on 22 Jan, had confirmation then nothing since. Contacted them today by messenger, they quickly responded but just cancelled the order and gave me a £10 voucher. Would rather have some bargain shoes.

I wonder how many failed orders I can try until I find something in stock and get them free?

chakaping

Try to Kestrel lace-up version, they arrived quickly here

nickjb
    Free Member

My Evans order came in a couple of days. Try house of Fraser anyway. Same stuff and prices plus an extra 20% off with OUTLET20

frogstomp

Try house of Fraser anyway.

My Trailcross XT’s were ordered from there yesterday and turned up this morning.

40mpg

Try to Kestrel lace-up version, they arrived quickly here

Done this from Evans as with my £10 voucher they cost £16!! (plus delivery, plus as I was going to pay fifty something for the boas I ordered a £25 Endura Burner LS jersey too – oh well)

Fingers crossed something turns up this time

breninbeener

@40mpg….what size are you? We have some 42.5  so uk 8.5 that dont fit here.

Just incase they work fornyou before we return them

40mpg

@breninbeener thanks but 43

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i ordered a pair of 510 Sleuth on house of fraser yesterday morning 7am, with 20% off and £4.99 delivery they cost me £31.39 total , received them at midday today, perfect ..

HUKD also give me a £5 amazon voucher for listing those trailcross   :0)

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

five ten kestral lace SPD shoes (khaki green) down to £20.80 plus £4.99 on house of fraser outlet20 code

grahamt1980

Bugger, ordered that ns frame from crc then an hour later read the news crc are done. Worth cancelling the order now or wait and see?
    It’s on credit card so not too concerned

nickjb
    Free Member

According to cycling news there are a handful of staff being kept on to clear out the warehouse. Looks like they’ll still be processing orders, but who knows

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/once-the-warehouse-is-clear-its-game-over-wigglecrc-lays-off-almost-every-staff-member/

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

pay on credit card.. £125.99 for a diablo mk3 with remote control and all the mounting options seems a great price..
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/exposure-diablo-sync-mk3-front-light-pack

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

that diablo light dropped to £70 but is now sold out

firesale has started on endura and a few other brands at wiggle / crc

ensure you use paypal or spend £100 on a creditcard under section 75, for security

nickjb
    Free Member

Just been trawling wiggle. Some good prices on Cateye lights if you need a commuting light. Also Found one bargain priced POC helmet in M/L, there’s lots in XS.

ogden
    Free Member

Ordered this morning and just dispatched from crc. Might have napped an Diablo for £70 😄. Was going to send off my old Diablo to have the battery replaced but for not much more on crc I got another with all the extras!

desperatebicycle

whatyadoinsucka
    five ten kestral lace SPD shoes (khaki green) down to £20.80 plus £4.99 on house of fraser outlet20 code

Phew, just order a £37 pair from Evans.. then saw this… sizes up to 8 only on HofF though :)

(I’m guessing from the brands stocked that House of Frazer are under the same ownership as Sports Direct/Evans etc… )

charlie.farley

Buffalo Sale at Wiggle with limited stock and sizes but cracking prices

desperatebicycle

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/brand/fox/mainframe-helmet-mips-youth-835079#colcode=83507908

£35 for a youth Fox helmet (also in blue)
    plus adult version is £40

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Buffalo Saleat Wiggle with limited stock and sizes but cracking prices

Bloody hell. Still expensiver than mine was at full price.

charlie.farley

Use code SAVE at wiggle and get £15 off purchases £75+

Which makes the Buffalo gear even cheaper, good selection of Buffalo kit for women

dyna-ti

1/2 price basic edbikes at Wiggle.
    Of course they were never 2 1/2k, and previous searches for them show an rrp of 999.

But if you want something to try it out, or something as a commuter or pub bike, then seems to be a good deal.
    https://www.wiggle.com/p/buzzbike-h700-urban-e-bike

bens
    Free Member

Endura MT500 jacket (the new one) is going for £90 on CRC with the code EXTRA10

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/endura-mt500-waterproof-mtb-jacket-ii?color=paprika&sizeStandard=S

limited sizes/ colours but great price.

Tracey
    whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

crc/wiggle – hope pro 5 hubs many colours, hole, fitment and hub options are cheap £153 rears

anyone buying on house of Fraser, theirs a five ten jacket windbreaker in a light crimson (pink) colour
    down to £21, black one is £85 on Adidas direct, so I gave it a try ,

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 2,755 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.