Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Vivoactive 3 on Amazon £129.
  • tinribz
    Free Member

Been humin-n-harrin but this seems like a bargain, not much difference to to the 4. Garmin pay, body battery, ant+ etc.

Drac

Ah shit! I convinced myself I didn’t need one yesterday, yes Friday, now you post this.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I recently got a refurbed one of them for a similar price.
    I had a basic HR fitness tracker before (Garmin Vivosmart HR) and this is miles better.
    I like the interface and screen, the strap is good and it’s jut a “nice thing”

tish
    Free Member

I don’t think the vivoactive 3 Supports body battery, if that’s an important feature for you.

jeffl

Hmmm, was looking at a forerunner 235, but this looks like a bit of a bargain. May have to get it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OP you do realise it’s a refurb?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, sod that, it’s 2nd hand ‘may have scratches and 80% battery life’- it’s 20 quid more for a brand new one.

Great watch, I went to a 4 recently, was gonna sell the 3 but tbh they weren’t going for much money, so kept it as a spare.

Which is handy, as the wife’s 4s is now playing up, and she’s getting a new one under warranty, so she’ll use it until hers arrives.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I got a refurb direct from Garmin for £130. You couldn’t tell it wasn’t new.
    Garmin Vivoactive Series

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Personally, I don’t see the attraction in these type of gadgets, especially when they are north of £100. My Lezyne Super GPS bike computer easily fits in my pocket for non-cycling (and even cycling to work) activities and has a rugged sturdy design, while the ~£25 Coospo H6 chest strap heart rate monitor gives far more reliable readings than these optical wrist heart rate monitors appear to give.

pennine
    Free Member

Had mine for 18 months – faultless.

kentishman
    Free Member

Halfords do it for 147. If you add a Bc discount its only a few pounds more.

cookeaa

Damnit! Just got a refurb one from amazon for the missus for a fiver more. Comes in a box labelled refurb…

should I return it and reorder to get the pukka packaging?

cookeaa

Oh it is the “renewed” one you were on about OP.

Won’t bother then, but be aware, it comes in rather basic packaging.

ajaj
    Free Member

Had mine for 18 months – faultless.

My Mrs’s has just died after 2 years. Battery life dropped to five hours hours making it unusable. We don’t know if it was hardware failure or the recent firmware update, suspect hardware as the forums are quiet.

K

Wife and I have both got vivoactive 3
    They falls short on the bike features that the it could have. Great for garmins data gathering but a bit limited in terms of user, means I have a separate GPS for bike use but do just leave the watch on my wrist all the time.
    It does have paddle sports tracking which is nice, but again no real way map or navigate and there is probably more info from higher spec devices.

robbo1234biking

I think this deal makes them even

PSA Garmin Store upto 40% off

CraigW
    Free Member

It does have paddle sports tracking which is nice, but again no real way map or navigate and there is probably more info from higher spec devices.

You could install Connect IQ apps for more navigation features. eg DwMap.

Drac

My Lezyne Super GPS bike computer easily fits in my pocket for non-cycling

So it’s not a watch.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

@Drac Among many features, it tells me what time it is and it’s roughly the size of a standard match box. The battery lasts ~24 hours while using GPS, it cost me ~£95 new three years ago.

Drac

It may well but yours GPS where these are watches with GPS and smart features, you can add an external HR monitor. You’re trying to compare 2 different devices.

cookeaa

Personally, I don’t see the attraction in these type of gadgets, especially when they are north of £100. My Lezyne Super GPS bike computer easily fits in my pocket for non-cycling (and even cycling to work) activities and has a rugged sturdy design, while the ~£25 Coospo H6 chest strap heart rate monitor gives far more reliable readings than these optical wrist heart rate monitors appear to give.

You basically stuck the same suggestion on my thread last week asking about wrist based HR/GPS/Activity tracking for my wife (that led to me ordering the VA3).

Honestly we get it, you like your Lezyne Super, I’m sure it is fantastic. But there are other use cases, for example there’s no way I’d persuade my missus to wear a chest strap and carry a bike computer in her pocket when a watch is a pretty “passive” device and suits her far better.
    Other people do multiple sports and thus something on their wrist that covers most bases makes complete sense.

Ever noticed how CX racers mostly wear wrist type GPS/HR devices? In a race where you might swap bikes several times mounting a computer on the bike(s) makes far less sense when your mostly interested in the riders HR…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My Lezyne Super GPS bike computer easily fits in my pocket for non-cycling

Lol, that’s like a viz top tip that post! 🤣🤣🤣

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Vivoactive 3 on Amazon £129.’ is closed to new replies.