Home Forums Bike Forum PSA – Ragley frames for £170

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 612 total)
  • PSA – Ragley frames for £170
  • paulwf

Did you weigh the wheels?  The reviews I read (which meant I didn’t buy them) put them as being more like 2150g

Did you weigh the wheels? The reviews I read (which meant I didn’t buy them) put them as being more like 2150g

No mate, but next time I have the front out, I’ll drop it on the scales and see 👍

halifaxpete

Built this up using bits I’ve bought on offer over that last year or so. Large Bigwig frame, Fox 36’s (Would like to drop the travel to 150 but I’ll see how it rides first) TRP brakes, SRAM NX (Not great I know but it’ll do for a winter hack!) Temporary front wheel/tyre as Superstar still haven’t sent the right hub adaptors. Will take it out on a local ride this week to see it everything is ay-ok, Preferred the full suss for todays Hebden trails

markgoldstein
    Free Member

There’s now another 10% off the Ragley frames and bikes with EXTRA10 code…

a11y

There’s now another 10% off the Ragley frames and bikes with EXTRA10 code…

Thanks for that (I think…). I’ve had a 50% Vitus urban bike in my basket all weekend and the EXTRA10 takes another £35 off it. That’s tipping me further towards buying…

steelisideal
    Free Member

Did anyone track down a derailleur hanger for the Marley 290? Getting the bike out of the car, it fell and the derailleur smacked full on into the pavement.

In the space of 2 seconds, one perfectly indexed bike transformed into one that skips in all of the middle gears. Absolutely raging.

Did anyone track down a derailleur hanger for the Marley 290? Getting the bike out of the car, it fell and the derailleur smacked full on into the pavement.

In the space of 2 seconds, one perfectly indexed bike transformed into one that skips in all of the middle gears. Absolutely raging

Drop GeForceJunkie a message. See previous page

stevedoc
    Free Member

Why not

nickfrog
    Free Member

Wow Steve, what a pic!!!!

Is that fork sticker pink?

stevedoc
    Free Member

No believe it or not those fork decals are burnt orange . The vimto was neon pink :)     That was taken at 7.45am today off Loughrigg fell over Windermere . A play in the Langdales is always a fave   even more so when you get bussed by two Eurofighters over Dungeon gill.

markgoldstein
    Free Member

Further PSA, most of the XL frames and bikes are now even cheaper, and bars and stems are £5 each!

nickfrog
    Free Member

Now with all the PSAs put together I can build a brand new XL white BIG Al for £807.

Ribble dropper
    Raceface / SRAM wheels
    GX rear mech and chain
    SLX chainset and shifter
    SX cassette (booh ooohhhh)
    Nukeproof headset
    Ragley stem, bars, saddle and grips
    TRP brakes
    Revelation fork
    etc
    etc

(I already have most of the above).

Not sure what it would be worth in the spring unused? £810 probably :-)

uselesshippy
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0O9RVNMQSW/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== 

Finally got around to building, and riding mine. Nice bike, for £170, **** amazing bike😁

GeForceJunky

I made a CAD model for the hanger last night.

H1

Printed a prototype, had to make some minor adjustments, the undercut slot is a bit of a pain to machine.

IMG_20231129_171640

Tested fitted looks good, very close to the original, although I may make the bendy bit slightly thicker.

IMG_20231129_171836

Aiming to machine some after work next week at some point.

Good work pal 👍

breninbeener

Thats ace!! Top work

Ian

stevie750

Nice work

@GeForceJunky
    I have a stupid question, do you just take loads of measurements or is there some way of taking a 3d image of it ?

GeForceJunky

I’m not very good at reverse engineering parts, need more practice. For this I used a Aberlink Project X, which is a 2D camera based measuring system, so it roughly picks up edges and gives good measurements on the distance between the holes. I imported this 2D mesh of points into 3D CAD software and then redraw it using the points as a guide. All depths and thickness measurements are done using Vernier calipers.

stevie750

Thanks

niel11
    Free Member

Absolute legend!

It’s amazing what some people can do, I wouldn’t even know where to start with something like that.

I wonder how many Ragley frames/bikes they’ve sold over the last month or two, I bet you’ll sell quite a few of  those hangers.

halifaxpete

I’d buy one of those hangers, nice job.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I’m not very good at reverse engineering parts, need more practice

Yes you’re rubbish, massively disappointed. 😂

How do I go about buying a couple off you when they’re ready?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Anyone with a crystal ball? There are 8 XL white Big Al left, which hasn’t changed for a few days.

They’re down to £149. But not selling.

Are they likely to reduce them further?

serkuss

I finally gave in and bought one when they knocked that extra twenty quid off.. my crystal ball says they won’t last forever?

mattrockwell
    Free Member

Can you possibly get another 10% with the EXTRA10 code? I thought it only worked on items displaying the EXTRA10 logo on them, but I bought some bits last night without the icon and the code still worked at checkout. Worth a punt maybe?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Sadly the extra 10 code is not working otherwise that would seal the deal…Will keep monitoring stock…

GeForceJunky

Made some good progress on the hangers tonight. Still the last op needed to add the annoying slot, but should be finished on Thursday evening.

IMG_20231205_173858

dc1988

Ooooh, they look way more cool in raw aluminium than black

breninbeener

Wow top work!!

stevie750

Very nice

nickfrog
    Free Member

Lovely

ljarch
    Free Member

Incredible work!

sing1etrack

Anyone with a crystal ball? There are 8 XL white Big Al left, which hasn’t changed for a few days.

They’re down to £149. But not selling.

Are they likely to reduce them further?

They’re an absolute bargain at £149, just buy one at that price, you’ll be way more disappointed if you don’t and they sell out than if you do and they knock another tenner off.

Made some good progress on the hangers tonight. Still the last op needed to add the annoying slot, but should be finished on Thursday evening.

Mint!!!

Will match my silver components nicely 😉

Don’t forget who put first dibs on one. Or two 🤣

GeForceJunky

I’ve done a batch of 20, so hopefully that will cover everyone on STW :-)

nickjb
    Free Member

I doubt it. I think between us we’ve cleared out half the warehouse :)

dc1988

It’s the panic buying three of everything when you only need one!

breninbeener

Let me know how to pay etc.

I def want one please

Ian

lucasshmucas

I also cracked and bought one of the remaining white Big Al frames. I don’t need it but it looks so good in the pictures in this thread, and I’d kick myself if I missed out.

GeForce – those hangers look amazing!

submarined
    Free Member

I’m absolutely in for one of those hangers! Brilliant work.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 612 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.