• This topic has 250 replies, 109 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by anc.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 251 total)
  • PSA – Cheap Oakleys
  • fbk
    Free Member

Gary_M – you naive fool 😉

If only it were that simple. Being well endowed in both the head size and bridge-of-nose department, finding a pair of glasses that don’t look ridiculous is frustratingly difficult!

mustard
    Free Member

Ah ha! extra 25% off is now being added automatically! Although it is worth having a scan through the non-seconds too as there are some real bargains in there too.

boblo
    Free Member

Had a good look at my bargain Flack Jackets today. Can’t tell they are seconds but they are a bit, errr crap compared to my Smith skiing glasses. Dunno what all the fuss is about….

fbk
    Free Member

Looks like the “Last Chance” code works again – 25% off total. The Factory Seconds does seem to be finishing tonight though, although as mustard says, there are some pretty good bargains elsewhere on the site too.

kevin1911

Forgot to say thanks to ScottChegg and Omar Little (“A man gotta have a code”) for the tip-off. Ordered some half jackets and another set of jawbones on Friday, should hopefully be here tomorrow. Will worry about prescriptions lenses later 😉

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

damn, managed to restrain myself since friday but just had to take a final quick peek and succumbed to a pair of matte black polarised twitch.

duffle
    Free Member

‘damn, managed to restrain myself since friday but just had to take a final quick peek and succumbed to a pair of matte black polarised twitch’
    Ditto….just not the twitch tho!!

hoochylala
    Free Member

Mind arrived today – cant find a single thing wrong with them! Also came with the vault case too which I wasn’t expecting. Again, huge thanks to the OP 🙂

spacemonkey

My Flak Jackets arrived on Sat morning (ordered Fri pm) and they’re mint – nothing “seconds” about them at all. Gave them a 4hr test run yesterday and they’re bang on.

EDIT: Came in a proper case with pouch and other stuff too. Thanks again to one of my picnic favourites!

lunge

I purchased on Friday and due to a lack of will power did the same again last night.

iain1775
    Free Member

still all listed on the site and available to buy this morning so they havent been removed by end of weekend like it said?

firestarter
    Free Member

Just been looking at. All the lenses numbers confuse me lol I don’t know what’s what best I leave it 😉 prob end up with prescription ones knowing my luck

stevomcd
    Free Member

firestarter, have a look here:

Oakley lens tints

Note that some of the lenses are listed under “performance” and some under “sports performance”.

warton
    Free Member

I still haven’t had a dispatched email. 😥

I’m riding on wednesday, will they be here for then I wonder

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Mine were ordered Friday and arrived today. Some will be going back though as I’m clearly not stylish enough to get away with some of Oakley’s efforts

brakes
    Free Member

damn, managed to restrain myself since friday but just had to take a final quick peek and succumbed to a pair of matte black polarised twitch.

Snap! £32. Bargain.

xiphon
    Free Member

Just ordered some for me… as a st. vals day gift from her. Great 🙂

Now we have four Oakleys between us 2…

(2 x sport type; 2 x fashion type)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ordered on Fri…

Arrived today.

£75 Bargin…

Rich
    Free Member

I’ve ordered Gascan, Tangent (£195 down to £45!), Belong and Disobey for me and my Wife.

Mainly ordered 2 each to check which styles we like best.

firestarter
    Free Member

CHeers Steveomcd

WHat are those nick

walla24
    Free Member

yeah how long for you guys to get a dispatched mail?
    ordered sat pm but still nothing 🙁

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

yeah how long for you guys to get a dispatched mail?
    ordered sat pm but still nothing

I ordered late on friday pm and got the dispatched mail this afternoon so I wouldn’t worry.

For info they have updated the site now and removed all the factory seconds glasses so i guess thats all folks for them.

Thanks to the OP for the tip!

stevomcd
    Free Member

I ordered late on friday pm and got the dispatched mail this afternoon so I wouldn’t worry.

Same for me, so wouldn’t stress.

Tom83

Mine turned up today, one tiny (and i mean tiny) scratch on the inside of one of the arms, which took me a while to find. Cheers OP!

jools182
    Free Member

I almost bought some this afternoon, then thought I’d have another look tonight

they seem to have been taken off now, probably for the best as I don’t really have any spare cash

fbk
    Free Member

For info they have updated the site now and removed all the factory seconds glasses so i guess thats all folks for them.

Thank god for that. We’ve got a couple of pairs on the way and I don’t won’t to be tempted any more 😯

jools182
    Free Member

erm, just noticed that if you do a google shopping search for the model of glasses that was listed in the seconds, you might still be able to get to the page to buy them
    and maybe I bought some last night 😳

Rio

http://www.google.co.uk/products?q=eyewear+outlet+oakley+seconds&hl=en&aq=f

Discount code doesn’t seem to work any more though… 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Are orders sent signed for? If not will they fit through my letterbox?

lunge

My second pari arrived today having been ordered at 5pm Sunday. Once again I have not been able to find why they are seconds.

plumber
    Free Member

Had to sign for mine

2 pairs in a larger box – would have fitted through letter box

el_diablo
    Free Member

Jawbones and Stitch just arrived. Tiny tiny mark on one lens of Jawbones, but doubt I’d have seen it if I didn’t know they were seconds, the box is a bit bashed but, who cares. Nowt wrong with the Stitch though.

lowey

Ordered Friday PM to be delivered to work arrived yesterday morning. Damned if I can see anything wrong with them.

Cheers for the heads up!

cxi
    Free Member

My Whiskers arrived yesterday (ordered Friday).

Just a soft bag but nothing wrong with them to my naked eye.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Ordered late Friday night I’m hoping that I’ll have a “we missed you card” from the post office when I get home this evening so I can pop over and get them! Now we all just need some sun.

fbk
    Free Member

Ordered Saturday night, just arrived. And very nice too.

Thanks again to the OP.

psychle
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday, all very nice (though not sure on the X Squared’s… maybe a little too ‘out there’ even for me).

A nice day of sunshine here in London town today, so sunglasses came in handy! 8)

mossimus
    Free Member

Saturday’s order has just arrived, struggling to see why they are seconds.
    Still awaiting Sunday’s order.

Tinners

Mine arrived today too (ordered late Saturday night). I think it’s worth adding a bit of perspective to these glasses (or should I use the word “plastics” since there’s no glass involved) before we all get a bit “king’s new clothes” about them. The delivery was quick they were cheaper than high street prices and there’s no recognisable defect with them BUT (and it’s a monumental “but”) there is absolutely no way these glasses are worth £120. In absolute terms they were poor value for the £44 I paid and probably cost less than a tenner to produce. I’m fussy about these things, but I reckon my Tifosi glasses (much cheaper) are better quality. Ignoring the bullshitillium hydroponics that coat the lenses, in a straight pepsi challenge in this morning’s sun, they perform no better. I’ll bet that the £3 3D glasses we used at the cinema last weekend are no less durable.
    So, cheap for Oakleys (if they are genuine), but you’d be a mug to pay full price and they’re still overpriced for what they are even at bargain prices. Can’t see the hinges lasting long either. Mrs T says I look cool though, so all credit for a minor miracle there. Oakleys now look less cool to my eye, because I have this nagging little voice in my ear whispering “more money than sense”.

jam-bo

so send them back.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Cheap Oakleys’ is closed to new replies.