Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • PSA: Carl Cox rave mix
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

sofaboy73
    quest in Wolverhampton

I’m from Wolves but I was 14 in 1990 but we all used to rock up to Diffusion or Ruby Red Records and get the Quest tapes. There’s heaps online. From being a 13 year old into acid, then rave people seemed to split and went to happy hardcore nights, or jungle / drum n bass as it evolved. For me, DnB is a huge part of my life still. 44 year old and still going to DnB nights here in Perth. When a “classic” gets dropped and the kids don’t even know the tune’s 15 + years old.

Looking like we’ll be back in the clubs soon here. Much excited!!!

trumpton
    Free Member

I was still going to mos when I was 40 although I have moved now

RichPenny
    Free Member

FACT2 I remember being a lot more moody, so perhaps not so many air keys moments from Carl 🙁

13thfloormonk

Downloading some of these for future listening, thanks for the links!

I still have trouble navigating dance music, all I really know is The Prodigy and Chemical Brothers.

What I DO know though is that I love a bit of Chemical Brothers on the turbo, especially Surrender.

I’ve tried to figure out what I like, I think it’s the blend of metronomic/bleepy/euphoric.

So, since all the experts are on this thread, what other artists are similar?

I find the Prodigy generally too brash and not repetitive/metronomic enough, although I do fancy getting a hold of Experience again just for old time’s sake.

Death in Vegas get recommended, and I was a massive fan in Uni, but it’s not upbeat enough.

Will check out a few of the mixes on YouTube but any ‘training’ tune recommendations gladly accepted.

Ta

pugster007
    Free Member

Used to have this F.A.C.T mix on tape, full volume in my Mini, 6 x 9’s bouncing on the rear shelf.

Carefree days – Where did it all go wrong !!

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Some blasts from past here, thanks.

Something I’ve not managed to fully remember the title of but it was a Double CD House Compilation around 1996 that definitely had Alex P on it but it also came in a limited edition spiked rubber case? Anyone remember this from that far back?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Feel free to post up your mixes for this week. I’ve been playing Pete Tong’s R1 show from last week (with Boys Noize). Excellent tunage.

eskay

Here is another one for you. This is a recording from a DIY free party on NYE 1992.

We set off towards London (from Bath) to try to find the Spiral Tribe NYE party but the fog on the M4 was ridiculously thick and we decided to turn around. We stopped at Leigh Delamere services and heard there was a big party going on near Bath.

We found it and struck gold, it was probably one of the biggest NYE raves going on in the country and it was on our doorstep.

DIY were putting it on and played their usual style of tunes (not run of the mill happy hardcore type of rave music).

It was an insane night and a couple of weeks later Soul Survival Records in Bath were selling recordings from the party. I have a copy of all of them if anyone likes this style.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVc4KAtrrabK61rFB8LjY8CxrI-cmf5C/view?usp=sharing

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Like my rave and breaks but I just wasn’t into happy hardcore at all. It’s in the same box as country music. Never to be opened! When certain DJ’s do “EDM” type tracks with a southern american drawly country type vocal. Honestly peel eyes and insert vinegar. *shudder*

eskay

If you fancy things a little harder, I have just uploaded a Spiral Tribe mix:

eskay

This is a good one, could probably go in the Acid thread as well.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Noice – I’ll check em out later, just got some reggae on at work. Not sure my colleague would cope with acid!

eskay

Love the start of this

disco_stu
    Free Member

Starting a Detroit Techno special with 2 Drexciya tracks makes this a cracking mix in my eyes.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxndRDlOyGO

stanfree
    Free Member

Streetrave doing their latest charity night on their FB page , So far Jon Mancini, FPI , Kilkie and now K Klass banging out the classics. Also for a good cause so worth bunging them a few quid. They struggle to raise a couple of grand and put their mixes up on mixcloud afterwards.

Good guys…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Tongy’s show was good this week. Especially the Orbital set from Glasto 2010.

trumpton
    Free Member

Andy c dnb bass lockdown mix on youtube is good

juanking

DJ Shadow has recently released some of his mixes onto mixcloud:
    https://m.mixcloud.com/djshadow/

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Carl Cox rave mix’ is closed to new replies.