Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • PSA: Carl Cox rave mix
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

My absolute pleasure, you’re welcome.

eskay

Thanks.

This is good (I have it as MP3 if anyone wants it)

PiknMix
    Free Member

Nice one 👍🏼

Caher

is there a Spotify version?

makkag
    Free Member

Eskay – yes please the soundcloud link not working

eskay
    sofaking
    Free Member

well worth as listen.
    Scanone – Bleep bass n breaks

retro83
    Free Member

The trance one is good, I’d completely forgotten Madagascar, what a tune

nedrapier

Cheers. One of our apple trees is called Carl Cox.

sandwicheater

Kids just having a wee disco to this and loving it.

Reckon this will be my jogging tunes this week, cheers OP.

timbog160

Takes me right back to my days in the Eclipse and Wobble 😁🤪. Though these days I’m far more Val Doonican…!

eskay

Did the eclipse a few times ( from Bristol). Good nights!!

Love a good rave thread

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hoollllllddd tiiiiight!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Liked it that much I had two goes! Cheers!

tomaso
    Free Member

First time I saw him was 1990 on a Thursday night at the Crypt in Hastings, big ticket event at £2.50.

jkomo

The Eclipse was my regular place too. Followed by a cup of tea at Corley services.
    Fun times.

easily
    Free Member

Nice one @eskay

@jkomo

I remember The Crypt. Even though I lived in Brighton, which had many great nights of it’s own, I used to love that.
    I cycled to Hastings once for a rave on the pier. Crashed at a kind fellow ravers house, then cycled back the next. It makes my old bones ache now just thinking about it.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Downstairs at Remix, Bournemouth 🙂

Thanks for the share OP. I am enjoying it.

stanfree
    Free Member

The best thing about lockdown has been first and foremost the weather and secondly all the great live streams doing the rounds. I think I’ve listened to about 3 Carl Cox ones and more local to me the Colours ones with Micheal Kilkie and John Mancini. My sons is on his 3rd set of decks in 8 months now and has got pretty decent , Ill try and link to some of his mix cloud mixes when Im home.

papamountain
    Free Member

Thanks OP. Also LOVING that soundcloud mashup! I miss those days…

baboonz
    Free Member

When I first went to see Carl Cox, the preceding event delayed the schedule by 15min or so, when he came on the absolute legend extended the set another 30min.

Watched him do a lockdown mix the other day – three turntables as usual and some banging tunes with Donny warehouse ’92 on a screen in the background.

Only went to Eclipse once and had a terrible night. Duff pills and hassled by black dudes all night to buy more, but I didn’t have enough money so they got shitty. Whole place had a bad vibe

Shelley’s and Donny Warehouse rocked though

offcumden
    Free Member

Back in the late 80’s early 90’s. A couple of mates were warm up DJ’s for more famous names. Employed to get the night started, but not to overshadow those famous DJ’s at the top of the bill. I used to go along as a driver/record bags carrier.

One night Carl Cox was headlining. A few minutes into his set one of the promoters said to me and my mate at the bar: “do you want to see something really cool?” The venue had a makeshift DJ booth at the back of the stage. Directly above his decks was a little balcony (not accessible to the public) that looked directly on to CC’s 3 deck setup. So for a good hour we just sat and watched what he was doing. He really was poetry in motion. How deftly and effortlessly he could cue a tune up, monitor what he was mixing it into, execute the mix and move onto one of the other 2 decks really was something else. I’ve had the utmost admiration for the man from that day on.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Carl Cox the Tory DJ who mainly plays his own remixes, his mates, associated labels and House!

stanfree
    Free Member

Carl Cox the Tory DJ who mainly plays his own remixes, his mates, associated labels and House!

FFS , I’ve heard it all now.

cb200
    Free Member

☝️

Well, if the music is good, who cares how he votes or what his selection criteria are?

Thanks for the MP3 above btw, a great mix to have for my ride this morning.

eskay

We did the clubbing thing for a bit but then followed the free party raves.

Saturday nights sat in a motorway services with a load of other cars all desperately trying to find out where the party was going to be. We usually ended up at a Circus Warp/Spiral Tribe/DIY party (or something local if we had a tip-off.

Saturdays was mostly driving across the country to some field/warehouse/squat and partying until the sun came up.

Bank holiday weekends were always the best. Tune into the news on a Friday night and they would always tell you were a large number of travelers were gathering for a festival – job done!!

Lechlade was amazing but the mother of all free parties (Castlemorton) effectively killed the scene and pushed it back into clubs by forcing the criminal justice bill through. We were there for three or four days and it was an incredible community that partied non-stop. There were some negatives to the gathering including people shooting flares at the police helicopter, poor locals who lived close by and the litter (that a lot of travelers cleared up). All the big sound systems were there and you could dip between some full on Spiral Techno or some more laid back twisted DIY. I still have a couple of tapes from that weekend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-39960232

We had some amazing nights at some of the parties in incredible places all over the country. I can remember one in some kind of old mine in a remote part of Wales. When the sun came up it was breathtaking.

It was always a cat and mouse game with the cops. Loads got shut down (including a big one in Canary Wharf) and some in warehouses were they charged with dogs and it all got a bit sketchy.

So many good memories!!

jkomo

Theartist- The Eclipse originally was very friendly, really nice vibe. It did turn very dark, which is when we stopped going. The dealers changed and the gear was rubbish I was told, Sounds like when you visited.
    We were there during the Hitman and Her night and a mate had his stag do. That was a fun night.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

It was always a good night when the big man played. Can’t remember where I first heard him, likely elclipse, shelleys or quest in Wolverhampton (why was the midlands so good for raves?), but I do remember a night at red zone in sheffield at the Palais, with sweat dripping off the roof and home being the best I’d ever seen him (could of been the super doves) only for MC Lenny to appear half way through his set and the hole place blew up (pretty sure MC’s had gone out of fashion by that point). And yes the eclipse did get a bit moody

singlespeedstu

Takes me right back to my days in the Eclipse and Wobble

Amnesia at the Eclipse was my first rave.
    What an eye opener that was.
    Got talked into going by a certain person that went on to help form Royal Racing.
    Cheers Nick. Changed my life that night did.

On the rave and MTB theme.
    Dirt had there launch party at the Wobble venue.
    It was terrible.🤣

Shelley’s

Met Mrsstu there.

Anyone else used to go to the unlicensed CREAM nights every saturday in Brum? Rabanas/Chevron shoes/the BT factory unit/anyhere they could get into around the Hockley flyover?

breadcrumb

I still have a load of Rezerection and Fubar cassettes kicking around somewhere- I’ll have a search on YouTube later see if I can find any.

trumpton
    Free Member

Just listening to the mix.brilliant dj and brilliant tunes.carl cox is just such a great guy.

Houns

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR
    Subscriber

Watched him do a lockdown mix the other day – three turntables as usual and some banging tunes with Donny warehouse ’92 on a screen in the background.

Only went to Eclipse once and had a terrible night. Duff pills and hassled by black dudes all night to buy more,

Would you have mentioned their skin colour if they were white?

jkomo

Eskay, I was at Lechlade, that was such a great weekend. Whenever I drive through it, I have a little chuckle. The waste ground is still there by the round about.
    Spiral Tribe ran it I think, flipping amazing.
    Missed Castlemorton though.

eskay

Yes jkomo, it was amazing!! I am fairly sure it was Spiral Tribe, they knew how to put on a party.

I somehow got onto their mailing list and every now and then they would send through a flyer for an upcoming party (no location but a phone number to call on the night to find out the location).

One Wednesday or Thursday I got one through the post that was advertising a party in Rotterdam, the only info was that it would be in the Old Library.

Me and three of my mates booked a ferry for Friday and drove all the way to Rotterdam and arrived mid Saturday afternoon. We managed to find the library and partied hard all night. They were selling tapes and we bought a couple (still got mine and mp3s of both of them). At some point on Sunday we drove back to hook of Holland and headed home. I was back in work at lunchtime Monday morning. No idea how the hell we did that.

I still have most of the flyers they used to post through (and postcards advertising their 12″ releases).

homatron
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the tunes… Got round to listening today and accidentally missed all my afternoon’s meetings. Worth it.

trumpton
    Free Member

I still have a couple of 90s spiral tribe cds.

mehr
    Free Member

He’s live streaming F.A.C.T now. (Just started)

Twitch

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just need to bump this, the F.A.C.T mix is great 🙂 Have a feeling that fact 2 is going to be up soon…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

FACT was his biggest selling album apparently. I watched it when I got in from work on Sunday night, live. Bloody brilliant. Cygnus X to Thomas Heckman is magical…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Carl Cox rave mix’ is closed to new replies.