Viewing 12 posts - 481 through 492 (of 492 total)
  • Project Binky
  • Muke
    Free Member

Bad Obsession boys are back…..

bigdean

I enjoyed that and the nostalgia horrors of the pinto engine.
    *Got 2 in the garage as well.

Muke
    Free Member
    oldschool

Something else to start and not finish. They’re worse than me for good ideas that never get finished. However I’ve never managed to snag a load of patrons along the way to keep sending me £1/2/3/4/5 every month to do nothing.
    I was a fan, I’m losing interest now and beginning to actually dislike them/BO. Feels a bit like they’ve realised there’s a few thousand people not realising they’ve signed up for patron and will leave it mothballed and let the money flow.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I really don’t care about Binky any more. Which is sad as I used to love the shows.

scaredypants

Yeah, I’m bored with it all, too

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s not their car, at least read the blurb.

Northwind

oldschool

Something else to start and not finish. They’re worse than me for good ideas that never get finished. However I’ve never managed to snag a load of patrons along the way to keep sending me £1/2/3/4/5 every month to do nothing.
    I was a fan, I’m losing interest now and beginning to actually dislike them/BO. Feels a bit like they’ve realised there’s a few thousand people not realising they’ve signed up for patron and will leave it mothballed and let the money flow.

TBH I think it’s the game of thrones thing… They’ve gone so far with it and with all the complexity and expectation and the length of the journey they just don’t know how to finish it and make it as good as they want it to be. And not just their expectations but ours and all the patreon people. “finishing” a big project is always hard, and tbh after the driving scenes and the tardis madness of the final assembly, I dunno, it just seemed like it’s not going to live up to the dream. And probably it can’t, since it’s so far advanced and so complicated, how do you even start to sort issues? But stopping a project that isn’t perfect can be even harder than making it perfect.

rOcKeTdOg

What happen to the big yellow lorry project?

bigdean

I really don’t care about Binky any more. Which is sad as I used to love the shows.

I’m kind of the same, after the first diving shots I’d kind of tune out of the project mainly ’cause I don’t like the track and turning circle.

But it’s not my car, if they like it fair enough, I don’t have a problem with that.

I do like the humor and dynamic between the two and really enjoyed the cheap race series they did.

And as some who has a project in the garage that’s +10yrs in I can relate.

squirrelking
    Free Member

@rocketdog Escargo got a third donor to solve the rear axle issue and, well, nothing. They keep saying they’re going to get back to it but obviously they haven’t.

I think @Northwind has it. Add in the fact that it was getting a full custom instrument package that was a huge time sink and required basically learning from scratch, plus COVID, plus supply chain, plus cost increases and it’s easy to see how it could stall for any one of a number of reasons. Plus personal lives.

Klunk
    Free Member

And probably it can’t, since it’s so far advanced and so complicated, how do you even start to sort issues? 

yeah all that “flexi” drive stuff looked a bad design choice from the off! sometimes shit just doesn’t fit and once you stuck the largest wheel arches known to man on a small car no ones going pat you on the back for keeping bonnet looking stock.

Viewing 12 posts - 481 through 492 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.