Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 492 total)
  • Project Binky
  • andrewreay

not least the double entendres throughout.

I think there”s maybe only 50% of viewers that might appreciate the double entendres and references to the Zucker Brothers. But there”s only a 10% chance of that.

timbog160

Being the owner of a number of Landys the ‘bloody big leek’ (sic) made me laugh…!

funkynick

Saw Binky in the flesh this afternoon, although didn’t see it running, but while ear-wigging it sounded like they might have had a few issues anyway.

But blimey, it’s a bit crowded in that engine bay!!!

bigdean

So totally late to the party, this randomly appeared on YouTube recommended list today.

At least it runs

Edukator
    Free Member

The Mini with the biggest turning circle I’ve ever seen. That would be a real handicap once up to speed, just like the V6 Clios.

Muke
    Free Member

reluctantjumper

And people thought it would just be a case of bolting it all together 🤣

So Binky’s clutch pedal essentially has a ServoWave assembly on it? Hope that doesn’t curse it with random leaking!

ta11pau1

I was thinking its more like a suspension rocker linkage, good thinking!

Cracking episode, the secret bit at the end with just a hint of turbo noises…

Yes. I’m aroused too. 🤣🤣

Klunk
    Free Member

fantastic engineering but can’t help thinking it’s going to be a nightmare to keep running.

sobriety
    Free Member

I reckon that once they’ve done the snagging it’ll be as reliable as any resonably tuned mid-90s toyota celica.

Northwind

sobriety
    Free Member

I reckon that once they’ve done the snagging it’ll be as reliable as any resonably tuned mid-90s toyota celica.

Yup, though whenever anything goes wrong it’s likely to be a bollocks to sort because of the packaging. Not to mention all that gorgeous paint and finishing

matt_outandabout

“We’re only 18 months behind where we wanted to be 3 years ago”.

😂

Klunk
    Free Member

Yup, though whenever anything goes wrong it’s likely to be a bollocks to sort because of the packaging. Not to mention all that gorgeous paint and finishing

and the “one of” nature of half the parts.

Sandwich

once they’ve done the snagging

I suspect it will never be finished and we have years and years more to come.Especially in the light of the comment “we’re now 18 months behind where we wanted to be 3 years ago”.

willard

Yeah, like my mate’s GT4 that TRD did some work to. It blew the rear diff over the exhaust on the A1 when we were driving to Glasgow. Then again when he was going to Silverstone.

I think he sold it after that.

matt_outandabout

I’m seeing some negative comments on Facebook – apparently 4800 Patron’s, minimum £2 a month and average £5 a month, yet folk feeling like they’re not getting much with 2-5 videos a year…

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Is it just me that thought right from the off that the flexible drive for the alternator was a disaster waiting to happen. I know they were completely stuck for other solutions but I can’t see that hanging together when used in anger. Love the project, there patience to do it right and not cut corners is commendable.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve only relatively recently stumbled across Project Binky when I found their videos on building a C1 race car. I love Minis but newer ones, never really been into the older stuff and I definitely don’t have a thing for Toyotas but I absolutely love the presentation on these videos. The comedy value, the craftmanship and explanations as to why they’re doing what they’re doing is unlike any other car build vlogs I’ve found. Brilliant.

ta11pau1

I’m seeing some negative comments on Facebook – apparently 4800 Patron’s, minimum £2 a month and average £5 a month, yet folk feeling like they’re not getting much with 2-5 videos a year…

Do they not realise patreon is completely optional?

And it’s £2 or £4 a month, so not sure how it can be £5 average?

a11y

I’ve only relatively recently stumbled across Project Binky when I found their videos on building a C1 race car.

Even though I’ve been following Binky since about episode 12 or so, I’ve found the C1 race car series slightly more enjoyable. Probably because it was good to be more concentrated and reach a conclusion, but also because the idea of building one myself and entering the C1 Cup really appeals!

Northwind

Have to admit I was enjoying the Escargot more just for the speed of it. But if you want lots of fast badly done content with lashed together cars there’s no shortage of people doing that.

matt_outandabout

But if you want lots of fast badly done content with lashed together cars there’s no shortage of people doing that.

Ah, a fellow Fabrats subscriber. He’s got an eyecrometer.

stumpy01

matt_outandabout

Ah, a fellow Fabrats subscriber. He’s got an eyecrometer.

Ha ha! I found that channel via The Golden Nugget from Matt’s Off Road Recovery.
    It’s quite impressive how well they make things with such basic ways of doing things.
    Same methodology to the stuff Matt does in his Off Road Recovery channel – measure with your finger and cut with a wing and a prayer.

matt_outandabout

What would be funny is to ask Fabrats and Binky to collaborate….😃🤪🥴

Muke
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

weird even without a b series motor it still sound like a mini 😕

think it looks well a bit awful really far to wide a track for a “mini”. looks like a really bad ott body kit.

duncancallum

@klunk

A series. B was mg b mga etc 1500cc and 1800cc

ta11pau1

think it looks well a bit awful really far to wide a track for a “mini”. looks like a really bad ott body kit.

The arches aren’t that much wider than a later 90’s sportspack mini…

slowoldman

Well I guess that’s down to what’s underneath. I love how they’ve integrated the proper chrome bumpers.

The festival looked great too. Some wonderful cars which brought a smile to my face and made me realise how old am. Yes I watched Stig in a 94 round Clipstone forest and those Mantas bring back memories of navigating on the Devil’s Own Trophy Rally (the winning car that year was an ex-works Ascona 400!).

bruneep

kinda forgot about this, why have they stopped the videos?

Guessing the patreons must be a bit pissed that there has been no new content for ages

slowoldman

why have they stopped the videos?

I guess they have no progress to report.

Klunk
    Free Member

I’ve found wider (in proportion though maybe not in reality)

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Nick looked absolutely dead in that vid 😬

ta11pau1

Also

kinda forgot about this, why have they stopped the videos?

The last build video was in December. 2 months between videos reeeeeeally isn’t unusual for Binky… 🤣🤣

tillydog
    Free Member

The arches aren’t that much wider than a later 90’s sportspack mini…

Oh, but they are 🙁

I love the Binky ethos, I’ve loved the whole series and the build videos, but I have to say that I’m gutted by (my first impressions of) the finished result. What should be a nimble, snorting thoroughbred has got the looks of a supermodel wearing orthopaedic shoes and the turning circle of the QE2 🙁

Sometimes it is better to travel hopefully than to arrive… 🙁

ta11pau1

50mm wider on each side. Obviously the track is much wider too.

Northwind

I couldn’t put my finger on it but for me, it’s not exactly the arches, it’s that the wheels are pretty much outside the body. Creates a totally different effect from, frinstance, that sportspack.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Only just got to Ep37 so late to the party.

She is a lot more girthy than I imagined but I have no doubt they knew how wide it was going to be long ago. I don’t really know how they could have done that any differently given the complete lack of available space. Alternator solution solution is ingenious but time will tell if it’s any better than the Mk.1.

Well frankly if they haven’t figured out the production schedule by now…

Box of shame summed it up really, christ knows how many man hours went into that.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s that the wheels are pretty much outside the body.

IIRC is illegal for a UK registered car.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.