Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 492 total)
  • Project Binky
  • bentandbroken

it’s that the wheels are pretty much outside the body.

IIRC is illegal for a UK registered car.

Unless you add wheel arches to cover them otherwise things like Caterhams would be illegal.

Anyway, is the ERA not similar in that respect?

Tries to post image, but expects it to fail….

Mini ERA

bigdean

I did write a lengthy post but deleted as I so often do.

Basically not a fan of the end result proportionally. BUT it’s not my car and I’ve enjoyed the build videos.

Those wanting high originality classic car build need to watch Tyrrell’s classic workshop.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can’t remember how long I’ve been watching Binky for, I’m not an early adopter but at least 3 years.

I’ve kind of lost interest, once it was complete (aka YouTube finished) there wasn’t much else to see, aside from 6 months of them taking it apart and putting it back together again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Muke
    Free Member

Not Binky but more from the BOM boys

dyna-ti

I can’t remember how long I’ve been watching Binky for, I’m not an early adopter but at least 3 years.

Eps 1 – August 2013.

Thats a hell of a long time to fix an old mini up.

AdamT

I wish they’d do some more on the escargot. That had the potential to be very cool indeed.

goldfish24

I wish they’d do some more on the escargot. That had the potential to be very cool indeed.

Adam,

Eps 1 – August 2013.

You’re just gonna need to be a lot… A LOT more patient for that escargot.

AdamT

Yes….I know 😞. I’m liking the pace of SuperfastMatt to fill in the time though.

squirrelking
    Free Member

They do a feature in one of the later vids where they time a montage with a stopwatch, only gets stopped for toilet, sleep or tea breaks. The bracket they made was something in the region of 13h of work, and that’s before you consider re-do’s and the box of shame.

The last video of the C1 build hinted they are still pushing forward with it. And they’ve sourced another lorry, presumably for the rear axle issue.

At this rate though I expect the 205 will be done by the time I’m 50 and the MG when I’m comfortably retired.

onewheelgood

Having watched Binky since Ep.1 I feel strangely disloyal, but I think I might rather have this!

Klunk
    Free Member

bet that’s lairy when you come off the power, my S was scary as **** coming off the power @ 90+ you needed to brave and keep your foot down !

onewheelgood

They did say that the torque steer, both on acceleration and lift-off, was a bit extreme.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Eps 1 – August 2013.

Having looked back though the series recently, it could be argued they wasted their time using the rotten old mini as a starting point, almost nothing of it remains.

They say projects are never finished, but I wish this one was, I need closure more than I need another “getting the funk out” montage.

sockpuppet

the BOM stuff was never about the finished product for me – after all it always seemed like a terrible idea & was always going to be cramped beyond belief and likely average to drive.

But the journey had been great to follow. Hence why escargot gets so much love I think; I’d love to see it progress

Klunk
    Free Member

sharkattack

I enjoyed that seat video. I’ve always wondered why it was so expensive to have seats retrimmed and now I know.

I’d like to try it myself actually, I just don’t have a fun car to play with. Not really worth doing in the Yeti.

Muke
    Free Member

Sadly not Binky or The Escargot but something from the BOM boys.

bruneep

Given up on this now as it seems nothing more forth coming from them, shame really as it was interesting.

Stick to Tally Ho and fortnightly updates

z1ppy
    ta11pau1

Given up on this now as it seems nothing more forth coming from them, shame really as it was interesting.

6 months between episodes?

Yeah that’s pretty standard. 🤣

onewheelgood

Given up on this now as it seems nothing more forth coming from them, shame really as it was interesting

What are you going to do with all that spare time you’ll have now that you aren’t spending it not watching a new Binky episode?

squirrelking
    Free Member

As said the frequency has never been high, folk have been moaning since they started. They are still putting out updates on Insta though so there will be another video. When they’re ready.

reluctantjumper

Anyone who has done a project in their spare time will know exactly how easy it is for everything else in life to get in the way and severely slow progress. They may well be professionals at building project cars in their day jobs but the level of detail in Binky is off the scale and even just doing that clutch pedal modification would have eaten up a few days minimum. Just be happy we have projects like this to keep us entertained, the world would be a much more boring place without them.

simon_g

It’s not quite a spare time project, they have over 4000 patreon people paying a minimum of a quid a month, it changed from “per video” years ago. Plus a bit of ad revenue on top.

I’m still happy to pay, I’d rather they did videos when they’re ready rather than pointless filler “update” ones, but it’s a bit more than a hobby really.

welshfarmer

New episode just out

tjagain

Cant see one or is it more outtakes?

Gary_C

tjagain
    Cant see one or is it more outtakes?

TJ, It’s on the BOM TV channel on YouTube, rather than the Bad Obsession Motorsport main channel.

It’s not much, just over 8 minutes.

ta11pau1

You know you could just post it here…

I wasn’t aware of this channel tbh

bigrich

I reckon Nik has health problems.

welshfarmer

I have thought that for a while now

mutley

matt_outandabout

Anyone else just unsubscribed now?

blokeuptheroad

No because however long it takes them, I’m sure it’ll be an interesting watch.  I’m sure they have business and personal obligations that trump my desire for 45 minutes of free entertainment. To my mind, we are not paying them, so they are not obligated to produce content to our timetable.

squirrelking
    Free Member

^This. Plus they are actually editing Ep38.

Shit happens, at the end of the day they owe us nothing.

oldschool

New episode out today (yesterday if you’re a patron)

squirrelking
    Free Member

When dammit!

(now you’ve got me all impatient!)

diz

1 Minute ago according to my You Tube.

Think will save it for later when i can give it my full focus.

blokeuptheroad

Enjoyed that.

welshfarmer

Binky and Tally Ho is one sitting. YT is spoiling me tonight 🙂

bentandbroken

So good to have that back in my life….. however, how long will it be until the next one

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 492 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.