Viewing 19 posts - 361 through 379 (of 379 total)
  • Private School Business Rates Relief – The Scots are getting rid…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Think of it like a Xmas quiz.

Seriously back to the sad teacher routine? It’s as if you enjoy trolling being annoying whatever it is… Got something to say just say it, put some facts up and tell us why private schools should be subsidised at the expense of say policing or disabled people?

anagallis_arvensis

Just giving AA a few clues for his homework

Oh I thought you were just talking bollocks like normal.
    You carry on if it makes you happy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Every figure is directly relevant to my first post. The basic factual stepping stones to understanding why this policy is BS but still so typical of those who are introducing it.

Little steps to encourage independent thought for those who value reading around the subject rather than being spoon fed facts to regurgitate later. Such a crap way to learn that.

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s a tax dodge to avoid the hefty tax on soap that would cripple most posh folks who would need to wash their hands if they met the great unwashed on a regular basis.
    As said way up there those who would cut any subsidy going insist this needs one….

That would be funny if it wasn’t so far from the truth.

Yours,

Not a posh ****.

anagallis_arvensis

Every figure is directly relevant to my first post.

Are you talking to yourself old fella?

I lost interest in your first post about 3 days ago and even then its wasnt very interesting.

Edited to add actually that does it more credit than it deserves I expect because I have no idea what it said.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Who are you responding to?

Have you got the answer yet?

gordimhor

I suspect AA has known “the answer” for a long time THM. I can’t say the same for you

anagallis_arvensis

Dont even know what the question is.
    Why dont you try taking a deep breath, wipe away some spittle and start slowly from the beginning?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yours,

Not a posh ****.
    So we can conclude they are run as businesses then? Therefore subject to regular taxation.
    Spot on, we shall let HMRC know.

as for

The list grows by the day, most are simply ignored these days…

and tell us why private schools should be subsidised at the expense of say policing or disabled people?

ransos
    Free Member

Little steps to encourage independent thought for those who value reading around the subject rather than being spoon fed facts to regurgitate later. Such a crap way to learn that.

You don’t seem to have learned that everyone can see through you.

epicyclo

codybrennan – Member
    Ah, this is so, so satisfying….

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/24/donald-trump-owned-scottish-golf-resort-loses-tax-break
    It’s a wee reward of living in Scotland. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

42. Now what was the question?

squirrelking
    Free Member

You’re going to have to help me here Mike, how did you get

So we can conclude they are run as businesses then? Therefore subject to regular taxation.
    Spot on, we shall let HMRC know.

from

in reply to

It’s a tax dodge to avoid the hefty tax on soap that would cripple most posh folks who would need to wash their hands if they met the great unwashed on a regular basis.
    As said way up there those who would cut any subsidy going insist this needs one….

I was addressing your ignorant assertion that folk who attend these schools are doing so because they somehow think they are better than other folk. Also, I’d say my personal politics are somewhat at odds with your second point.

You’re talking utter pish, just regurgitated prejudiced nonsense. If you think I’m being unreasonable ask yourself how being perceived as a posh **** all your life would feel when you know it’s as far from the truth. People just hear ‘boarding school’ and suddenly you’re labelled as “one of them”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It was a sarcastic/satirical comment, did you really take is seriously when I was talking about tax on soap?
    The real point is if a private school is a business or not. That is the simple definition that is needed. They take money in exchange for a service so for me this makes them a business which should pay the appropriate amount of tax required.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sorry I didn’t realise you were ripping it…

And no, I didn’t guess by your comment, sad reflection on the forum really.

I would still counter that with not for profit status but that notwithstanding yeah, totally agree.

Sorry again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not a problem, I must add more smileys in there.

stumpyjon

Judging by the amount of frothing at business rate relief I would imagine a few heads on here would explode if we were to talk about the Music and Dance Scheme awards where the government picks up a significant proportion of the cost for kids to study dance or music full time at boarding school! Even for parents who have more than 2 farthings to rub together. And provides a grant for uniforms!!

Midnighthour
    Free Member

“So, this is now set to change in Scotland. The mandatory business rates relief is going to be removed from them. It’s fair to say that the private schools sector in Scotland is not best pleased with this.

I, on the other hand, am very pleased about this.”

Thanks for this info, I was unaware of some of it. Great news.

Viewing 19 posts - 361 through 379 (of 379 total)

The topic ‘Private School Business Rates Relief – The Scots are getting rid…’ is closed to new replies.