Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)
  • Prince dead at 57
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

An artist I never really got round to properly listening to. What I saw though was immense passion and talent. Another entertainment loss.

martinhutch

Man, that’s shit. Properly talented musician, soundtrack of my youth.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BMm6Jn6oU&list=PL7cB-t3cigYcv5mmzmVLGXCdr7R5cRjdk[/video]

Sandwich

A fab musician with a bit of an eye for the ladies. Live fast and all that.

RIP

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With DebZ on Sign Of The Times. Absolutely freaking awesome album. A girl I fancied was into him so I thought I’d better get to know something about him to get into her pants. Been a fan ever since but didn’t get into her pants. Bought her a flipping raspberry beret and everything. Thanks Sarah. 🙂

Also a classic Popmaster “Once at One” question.

“I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man” remains one of my all time favourite songs. He was a genius.

Jamba – you’re such a massive bellend.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Incredible musician and a sad loss to the music world.

I’m of the age where his music was always present and generally awesome.

Plus he bought Carmen Electra to the world, which is no bad thing.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Little red Corvette, Diamond & Pearls, Cream, Batman and so many more.

R.I.P.

😐

(Absolute Radio is playing some his best songs right now on the 90’s.)

spekkie
    Free Member

RIP Prince. 🙁

convert

Some losses are greater than others however, hardly Bowie

If losses are hierarchical, when you shuffle up this mortal coil will anyone notice? Sliding scale and all that. Makes you think.

I danced like it was 1999. RIP little fella.

mashiehood
    Free Member

purple rain still sends shiver down my spine…. truly sad day but its also reflective of me getting old and seeing those i grew up with and idolised also passing away….
    makes me sad 🙁 so im going to go and tinker with my bikes and hide from the world!

gauss1777
    Free Member

“There will never be another like him. RIP.”

Forever’s a mighty long time and I’m here to tell you, there’s something else, the afterworld…(hope that’s correct)

Very sad, RIP indeed. So many great songs.

CountZero

I had hope that this year might be a good one, seems I was sadly mistaken; far too many great talents being taken all too soon, especially in the case of Prince. RIP.

Alphabet

Part of the soundtrack to my youth. RIP.

zanelad
    Free Member

More sad news. 2016 seems to getting worse by the day.

I do feel like I’m on borrowed time………..

AdamW
    Free Member

I wasn’t into Prince that much but it’s obvious he was massively talented.

I’m already sick of 2016. Just too many good people going.

🙁

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

hardly Bowie

You are the end of a very large bell.
    As it happens I have no albums by the brilliant David Bowie but 2 by the equally (imo) brilliant Prince.
    I can feel a Little Red Corvette coming on. RIP Prince.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Crap. Some happy memories grinding to Prince tunes in 90’s nightclubs. The world is slightly less purple tonight.
    Thank you Prince RIP.

Cougar

I was never a fan, but that’s a shock. Good heavens, how many more? History’s going to look back on 2016.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Damn, I’m pretty much lost for words. We’ve lost a great talent.

shermer75
    Free Member

Somewhere in heaven right now there’s a pretty weird sounding band playing comprising of Bowie, Prince and Victoria Wood 🙁

Edukator
    Free Member

Jesus will have an old Telecaster he can lend the guy.

deadkenny
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    Somewhere in heaven right now there’s a pretty weird sounding band playing consisting of Bowie, Prince and Victoria Wood

Together knocking out the Ballad of Barry and Freda

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Somewhere in heaven right now there’s a pretty weird sounding band playing comprising of Bowie, Prince and Victoria Wood

And Lemmy on bass. 🙁

The solo on Purple Rain is divine. Sad news.

Drac

Joe Cocker on vocals.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I saw him last year at the Hydro and I was blown away with his stage craft. Immensely talented musician and entertainer. Thanks Prince.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Joe Cocker on vocals.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Another very talented artist gone way before their time.

Jamba, just…. Go away. Just go away.

Drac

Percy Sledge on vocals.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

An incredible artist with a huge catalogue of music with something to appeal to everybody. So much not even heard yet apparently he recording a new track everyday.

pondo

Damn near drove off the road when I heard, so sad – not even the biggest fan of his music, but totally recognise his genius. 🙁

hardly Bowie

Bowie would laugh in the face of anyone spouting that kind of tosh.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

how many more? History’s going to look back on 2016.

with advent of TV and rock and roll most household name celebrity started from about 1960 onwards, so likely to remain a common thing IMO.

Edukator
    Free Member

Early eighties funk rock at it’s best:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYQUbh8HHA[/video]

25′ for the start of a demonstration of the amusing noises you can make with a Tele, and a bit of delay/tap on the amp.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Now torn between YouTube and Absolute 90s!

My big brother listened to loads of Prince and I kind of tagged along. Without realising, he became the soundtrack to my early teens and his lyrics of the time even formed part of my sex education!

I didn’t really get it when he “went weird” shortly after, but that 2007 Super Bowl performance proved he had it all along.

Another back catalogue to fit into my own sons’ musical education…

konabunny
    Free Member

There’s a good clip that’s probably on YouTube of his early appearance on Jihnny Carson where he stops replying to the questions because he thought JC was taking the piss out of Minneapolis

You know, I think it’s okay to talk about whether you thought someone was talented or not on a discussion board…and I like prince!

hora
    Free Member

A RIP thread that I can relate too. At the age of 13 I bought Love Sexy. I remember feeling uncomfortable buying it as Prince was starkers on the cover but boy did it open my eyes musically.

RIP sir.

Pigface
    Free Member

Just realised Vanity, Denise Katrina Matthews one of his proteges died in February.

Kryton57

Good grief, just seen this and seriously knocked by the news. I’ve grown up with Prince culminating with a performances at the O2 that blew me away, I’m truly shocked.

RIP.

slackalice
    Free Member

The man was a creative genius, RIP

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

April. Sometimes it snows.

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

Very sad. I’d seen him over 20 times, Paris, London, after show gigs. Some great memories. The after show gig after the last O2 show when Amy Winehouse joined him on stage was one of many a highlight. Also like a lot of you on here a soundtrack to my youth and a huge part of my musical education….

Too young.

freeagent
    Free Member

Jambalaya you are a tool.

I think history will regard Prince as one of the Icons of 80s/90’s music.. He was different to Bowie but could be regarded as just as influential.
    Amazing musician.. I loved quite a lot of his 80s/90s stuff.

Found dead in a lift – sounds like it was very sudden. RIP.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Prince dead at 57’ is closed to new replies.