Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Positive comments for Bike shops that you would recommend.
  • Crag
    Free Member

Another shout for Garage Bikes in Morley.
    Also always had fantastic dealings with JD’s Cycles in Ilkley.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

I’d like to recommend Bicyclechain in Taunton..
    Always coffee (if you bring your own..)
    Friendly service (if you don’t mind abuse..)
    The “tame spanner monkey” is really friendly if you feed him Jaffa Cakes !!
    Can’t fault them really, except they keep making me part with my money !
    Been going to them for years !!

bobsoff2
    Free Member

I’d like to recommend Bicyclechain in Taunton..
    Always coffee (if you bring your own..)
    Friendly service (if you don’t mind abuse..)
    The “tame spanner monkey” is really friendly if you feed him Jaffa Cakes !!
    Can’t fault them really, except they keep making me part with my money !
    Been going to them for years !!

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Bicycle Smithy, Hazel Grove, Stockport.

Great service, knows his stuff. Honest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Keswick Mountain Bikes (in er Keswick)
    Cyclewise in Whinlatter they have sorted heaps of my stuff and had some skills coaching from them (and the odd BBQ)
    Bikereks in Ambleside friendly and loads of demo bikes to be ridden
    Sprung in Launceston (Tas) awesome shop

TiRed

Stows cycles in Windsor and Slough. Mainstream Trek and Specialized. But very knowledgeable and helpful in all matters. Sam in Windsor is a great guy.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Twelve50 cycles in Frodsham nr Delamere

Thatto Cycles St Helens

Winstanleys in Wigan

luffy105
    Free Member

Cliff Pratt – Hull. Restored my faith in the LBS after being treated like a muppet in a rival shop. Great attitude to punters and willing to give honest advice and even talked me out of buying stuff that I didn’t need. Good mechanics too ( well with my road bike., not willing to give up my mtb to anyone yet)

Chevin Cycles- my mates LBS. always been treated well there and found the staff very helpful.

Crc and wiggle have been good too if I’m honest.

aye-aye
    Free Member

MuddyBum bikes in Cardiff, friendly, great service, always happy to chat about stuff and they genuinely love mountain biking.

nbt

A third shout for FatBoyJon @ Bicycle Smithy

Also the nice people at PLush Hill Cycles in Church Stretton, they were most helpful when we visited, and Rich and Shona at Keep Pedalling in Manchester who do fine FatBikes amongst other things

garage-dweller

Solent Cycles a proper lbs. Never less than helpful and a nice environment to shop in. Staff are courteous and knowledgeable too ime.

Sandwich

2 of the 3 IanW recommends I won’t set foot in due to very poor attitudes by the Saturday staff and I spent thousands in one of those 2 in the past.
    Bosmere in Needham Market and Lifecycles in Bildeston get my money nowadays.

fasthaggis

A very nice man at an LBS got me a seat post that fits my new frame today.He had to send all the way to Italy for it as only a specific Dedacciai post would fit. It even worked out cheaper than anywhere else in the UK could get it.I can now finish building it this weekend. 😀

Houns

18bikes
    Two Wheels
    Fred Williams
    The Bike Chain

The rest don’t compare

patriotpro
    Free Member

You can get crap following every post. Once again it doesn’t make the OP or the resulting posts crap by default.

We’re all free to post up our negative and positive experiences without them being called “crap”.

Actually your OP seems as bit aggressive and vengeful.

singlespeedstu

Two Wheels.
    Sideways Cycles.
    Triton Cycles.
    Any other shop that cares to treat me like a customer and not just the thing attached to the end of a credit card….

bruders338
    Free Member

Spiral cycle in Ashford kent

And Biketart

Northwind

The Bikechain because if I don’t, they’ll kill me. But you get small shop service and attitude with big shop professionalism and prices, ace

Icycles in Innerleithen- because I trust Steve’s wheelbuilding, and he can usually be trusted to inexplicably haggle with himself.

That’s it for LBSs really, I don’t need any more!

gordimhor

The Bike and Ski Clinic in Maddiston, quick friendly and very reliable

bren2709

Hora – no not linked just had great service.

Crap might have been the wrong choice of word, just know what some are like for following! 😉

charliedontsurf

Ask yourself this about the shops you have bigged up:

Do they have a 40kg basset hound
    What is their sofa like?
    Do they have bacon sarnies
    Do they have chris king freshly ground coffee
    Do they give you a confused look when you ask for rear gear degangler
    Do they shut the shop and take you down the pub…

Do they?

Charlie the bikemonger, givin you shit you don’t get at halfords.

Truth is cyclists are generally nice folk and the were bike consumers before being bike shop dudes, so unless they are proper **** they will treat you right, even if they don’t have a shop sofa, basset etc

ronjeremy
    Free Member

If you guys are heading over to the Garw in South Wales, pop in to see Colin at Rush Cycles in Brymenin (just down the road) good local knowledge and with the bonus of a proper independent tea shop (run by Sarah, Colin’s better half) with good coffee and homemade cakes, not to mention homemade pies from a proper local bakery too… Oh yeah and they also do bike stuff too, 5 minutes from my house so often use them for breakfast too

maxtorque

+1 for Plush Hill. We came in looking like drowned rats, dropped about 14kg of mud on their clean floors, whilst they effectively completely rebuilt my mates broken Giant for about £3.50 😉

oldnpastit

Station Cycles in Histon are good, as is Dave their mechanic. I keep on accidentally buying bikes from them though as they occasionally have some irresistible deals on.

What is their sofa like?

No sofa, so I guess that’s a minus….

duffle
    Free Member

Al @ Garage bikes Morley <where’s the thumbs up a smiley!>

simmy
    Free Member

+1 for Merlin.

Only dealt with them in the shop, but they always have time to advise and have a chat about your requirements.

Also CRC, had a few delays / damaged stuff with my first orders, but they have always sorted things out quickly.

DarrenH

I’d like to give a big thumbs up to Graham and Sheila At slam69 in Gloucester.
    Always friendly, very reasonable prices and great service.
    Nowt bad to say at all
    And they don’t mind my twin boys running amok around the shop 😀

rickmeister

Made a decision to go with one shop and build a relationship with them rather than just “use them’ Its really worked but, its not about the bike its about the attitude.. so a big thanks to Mark and Brad at the Bike Chain in Edinburgh whose standard response seems to be “We can do that, or yes, I’ll sort it”

Perfecto. We give them random cakes, they give us good advice and the world keeps turning..

timidwheeler

I would like to say thank you to Buckingham Bikes who really helped me out with an issue that they had no obligation at all to get involved in. Great service and a very grateful customer.
    Cheers 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

I wish I trusted my most local bike shops but I won’t spoil the thread…

I miss having Fred Williams Light Weight Cycles of Wolverhampton as my local bike shop.

Merlin are fault free.

On One do a quiet and efficient job for me.

Wheelbase may get my next bike purchase as they are the best bike shop local to me.

cupra
    Free Member

Bothy Bikes, Aviemore, top blokes
    Triton Cycles, good online service
    Keep Pedalling, Cheshire, all round good eggs
    Singlespeed.nl
    bikediscount.de

unklehomered
    Free Member

Boneshakers in Harrogate. Welcoming even if you’re not spending, chatty, good night rides.

vickypea
    Free Member

Cookson Cycles who fixed my broken rear mech with 2 minutes’ notice just before HTN4 last Saturday!

stufive
    Free Member
    senorj

Bike& Run – in that there North London, quality everything.
    Biketreks – in the Northern wilderness , again , quality everything.

DaveBro
    Free Member

2 Wheels Stourbridge: do good deals, happy to give advice on constant bike deliberations… kit, maintnance and sorting out ‘home fix’ dramas.

Alex

Local – Revolutions in Ross mainly as Nic the mechanic fixes the many things I break, and responds well to demands of ‘can you just build me this by tomorrow’ 😉 Dave @ chaingang cycles in Hereford is a nice fella and has lots of stock of nice things.

Not Local – Sideways Tim @ Alsager. Sold me many nice things over the years and a top bloke to boot.

olie
    Free Member

No mention of Blazin Saddles in Hebden?

2 grumpy (but very funny) old men, one of the quickest CX and XC racers in the country and of course James, the best mechanic on the planet.

If only they weren’t 12000 miles away 🙁

Bregante

Eddie McGrath in Urmston. More roadie orientated but always very helpful, friendly staff who know their stuff. Reasonable servicing costs too.

nickwgbr
    Free Member

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/ in Stokesley N Yorks.

Always helped me out with repairs at a good price and honest blokes (I.e don’t try and change something that doesn’t need changing or fixed something FOC I didn’t know was broken!).

They always round your total down a bit in the shop as well with a bit of on the spot discount which is nice.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Positive comments for Bike shops that you would recommend.’ is closed to new replies.