Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Specialized S Work Stumpjumper FSR(full carbon)
  • unsponsored
    Free Member

Looking at either a SJ s works or Transition Bandit as my next FS frame. I don’t need a full bike as I already have some nice kit to put on a new frame.

What are folks thoughts on the carbon SJ, it would be a 2011 frame.

Can they be pu on the roof of a car and use a Thule 591 safely?

Tracey

Just bought a Stumpjumper S Works carbon for Kevin [good deals at Bikescene]. Will be getting it built up over the next 2 weeks. If its any thing as good as my carbon Enduro then it will be awesome. Ours go on a Thule towbar rack and is no problem with the Enduro

unsponsored
    Free Member

I was in Bikescene on Saturday having a look at the frames. I only live 20mins away. My bikes tend to ride on the roof of the car now so being able to use a bike rack is a must.

How has your carbon enduro been holding up?

Tracey

Carbon Enduro is great. Had two weeks in the Alps with it, 1st week in Les Arc and the 2nd week in Verbier. Best bike I have had by far.

Picked Kevins frame up on the way to Scotland for the New Year, its a lot of frame for the price we paid

unsponsored
    Free Member

Picked it up this evening.

Rosss
    Free Member

Get some pictures up!

JCL
    Free Member

You ordered an Evo link yet?

stumpy01

I’ve got the standard carbon one (alloy rear triangle). Love it!

Just make sure the chainstay is well protected. I have had some instances of chainsuck in really grim conditions, which has made a right dogs dinner of the chainsaw. Keep meaning to get a small sacrificial plate made up…

Tracey

Got all the bits together and dropping it off at the bike shop at the weekend for building up. not sure on the wheels and forks set up yet, using my old Hope pro II with DT Swiss 5.1s and Lyrik 2 step airs. Will post up pics when done.

Whats the Evo link ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Specialized S Work Stumpjumper FSR(full carbon)’ is closed to new replies.