• This topic has 61 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Policeman Murdered Investigating Burglary
  • footflaps

The current instant response when anything happens that thier involved in is call everyone a racist.

Just walked past my LBS and the owner was trying to throw out a gypsy lad (maybe 13) who was in there trying to steal stuff and his response was to call everyone a racist! He then ran into the shop next door to try his luck there; I guess he was spending the day seeing what he could nick from all the shops in the street.

DrJ

It’s his culture. You need to show more respect.

TiRed

Awful news. I hope the perpetrators feel the fullest force of the law.

The Reading CC 50 time trial tomorrow has been cancelled as it runs past the scene six times. I was planning to pay my respects after the race.

natrix
    Free Member

No not massively different because it was a police officer… massively different because one is an example of an accident with no intent, one is not an accident with intent to mame or kill.

Unless you have inside information, there is no information currently released to show that there was an intent to main or kill.

domtastic
    Free Member

The fact they’ve been arrested for murder shows that somebody believes there was intent, and it’s now the role of the police to prove that intent so that the CPS will charge.

CountZero

Gypsies think they’re a law unto themselves – it won’t bring a loved one back but can only hope the family gets the justice it deserves

And you know they’re Gypsies how, exactly? Gypsies are a distinct ethnic group largely from Central Europe, the Roma, hence Romania, which is, in turn, more Romance, ie Italian, than Slavic, like the surrounding countries.
    The ‘travellers’ involved in this tragedy, are, most likely, Irish.

firestarter
    Free Member

And you know they’re Gypsies how, exactly?

**** me , pot calling kettle black

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Romania? I thought the Romani originated from India, hence the traces left over Hindu/Indian culture.

bsims
    Free Member

Wasn’t it named after the Romani when created from parts of Austro – Hungary. It’s main parts are Transylvania and the former country that Vlad Drac was ruler of but the name escapes me right now.

Edit: no. Romania was there before that and would appear to be named after the roman occupation of Dacia.

Also it does seem very harsh writing of a whole ethnic group/ culture because of the actions of a few.

My sympathies and condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Andrew Harper

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Or just sound Irish. Lots of them who claim to be Irish have never set foot on Ireland.

Caher

^This. In Ireland at the moment and very much in the forefront of the news with equal amounts of disgust and more importantly condolences for the policeman and his family.

CountZero

Edit: no. Romania was there before that and would appear to be named after the roman occupation of Dacia.

This was something which I wasn’t aware of, I rather assumed that Romania was largely Slavic, like most of the states around it, until I was chatting to one of the regular drivers we have coming in to pick up or drop off cars. His accent placed him in that region, so I asked him where he was from, and during the conversation he said that Romania had more of a connection with Italy, due to the Roman occupation, than Bulgaria, Albania, etc, which are largely Slavic. Lovely bloke.
    The local ‘travelers’, who occupy a site just outside of town, pretty much forced the former Roma occupants out through their dreadful behaviour, it wasn’t unusual to see a bunch of police cars parked nearby and a helicopter overhead of a weekend when I drove past to pick up my mate for a beer. The Roma now have a small site to themselves and they’re never any trouble, the others seem to regularly send their kids into B&M where my g/f works to buy small items with £50 notes, which are almost inevitably bogus.

singletrackmind

My friend died whilst off duty in a RTC. The police force were brilliant and did loads to help out the family with organising the funeral , wake etc.
    He was in the Met , but had also worked out of LGW and Surrey . The funeral was one of the hardest for me , worse than my Dads as he was a friend who was my age . Some officers also had difficulty in containing their emotions

I am sure that this policemans family will also be receiving a great deal of berevement support from the police . Difficult times for all involved and a support network wont take away the shoock and anger , but at least someone will be on hand to talk to, share the burden etc.

Bad times

boxelder

What has race/ethnicity/religion etc got to do with this? When a bunch of youths in Warrington or Newcastle stab somebody’s Dad/Husband/Son to death, no-one mentions ethnicity.

jekkyl

I’m guessing the gypo scum arrested for this are all doing a no comment interview which is why no-ones been charged yet and the police have had more time.
    Sensitive coz you can’t go around harassing minorities but you can’t let the murder of police officer go unpunished.

convert

One now charged, remainder out on bail.

Drac

Ok can we stop with the gypsie debate now please.

Jekkyl they were charged earlier.

outofbreath
    Free Member

One now charged, remainder out on bail.

Not much consolation for the loss of a seemingly all round good guy, but deffo good news. Suggests the original BBC ‘murder’ headline wasn’t too far off the mark after all.

Jed Foster:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-49402226

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Theres a tribute from his wife on the thames valley police site. Probably a more worthwhile read than discussions about the genetic heritage of the ineffectual prick who killed him. https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news/thames-valley/news/2019/august/19-08-19/wife-of-pc-andrew-harper-issues-tribute/

outofbreath
    Free Member

Worth quoting:

To my best friend,

The kindest, loveliest, most selfless person you will ever meet. You were brave, funny, and always there for anyone who needed it.

There is not enough paper in the world to even begin to write a tribute for you, but no one deserves it more.

We had so many plans for the future, you wanted to do it all. My darling boy I do not know how I will be able to survive without you.

Anyone who was lucky enough to meet you, whether they knew you as Andrew, Andy, Uncle Mann, Harps or PC Harper … to everyone you are a hero.

You had the best sense of humour and never took life too seriously. You treasured every moment and always had a smile on your face.

I want to be angry that your job took you away from us but I know you loved it and always wanted to keep everyone safe, especially me. You went the extra mile whenever you could and genuinely cared for everyone.

The lights have dimmed on all of our lives now that you are no longer here, but it’s no surprise that even when you’re gone, you’re still keeping us all going, knowing that you would tell us to carry on and stay strong.

I can’t begin to imagine a life without your silly jokes, size 14 feet, large appetite, big hugs, Sunday roasts, and never faltering positive attitude. You kept me going if I was down and took care of us all until the last.

Even now I can still hear you nagging me to brush my teeth, get dressed and eat something. We are all feeling so very lost without you but we are trying to be as brave as you were.

You have so, so many friends my love and everyone loves you. The messages, support, and kind words about you have been overwhelming and I can’t thank everyone enough for that.

You loved music, movies, travel, every animal in the world, messing around with our brothers, and chilling out with our sisters. You loved our families, every single one.

You loved to go on adventures and find new places to explore. If there was a mountain to climb, you’d be there at the top. Bike rides and long walks, you loved it all. Never still, never down, so full of life.

You could fix absolutely anything and always took time to offer help to family, friends and neighbours. A pillar of strength to everyone you met.

My heart is broken without you my sweetheart but my god I feel so lucky that it was me you chose to share your amazing life with. You have imprinted so much love and laughter onto all of our lives and we are honoured for that.

Although we were married for only 28 days before you were cruelly taken away from me, my husband you were perfect. I will never ever stop loving you and I feel so grateful for the happiest thirteen years of my life.

Our superman, our bodyguard, our light in the dark. My god we will miss you. Forever you will be remembered as the best of us.

I will carry your love with me always.

Your loving wife, Lissie x

outofbreath
    Free Member
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Policeman Murdered Investigating Burglary’ is closed to new replies.