Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Podcast | What connects mountain biking to Formula One? Andi speaks to Pirelli to find out.
  • singletrackandi

Will we ever see Formula One tyre technology make its way into mountain biking? This is just one of the topics Andi touches on as he chats to Pirelli …

By singletrackandi

Get the full story on our front page at:

Podcast | What connects mountain biking to Formula One? Andi speaks to Pirelli to find out.

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

wipperman95
    Free Member

One has to say, you’ve picked the wrong motorsport to compare to. Pirelli are the supplier to the top class of the WRC (World Rally Championship) which is mostly held on gravel stages, though snow/ice & Tarmac events are also seen. They even use Scorpion tyres….

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup. If MTB handled the wet as badly as F1 did at Spa then they’d never sell another bike tyre again.
    There again Pirelli F1 has their depot in Didcot so I suppose it won’t be that arduous…

danbird
    Free Member

I just tested a pair of 2.4 X 29 Pirelli Scorpion S. Great in most conditions, except wet rock, where they were lacking in grip and confidence. I was testing in mid Wales, guess what they have a lot of there… Shame as until I hit the wet rocks I really liked them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Podcast | What connects mountain biking to Formula One? Andi speaks to Pirelli to find out.’ is closed to new replies.