Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Picolax
  • lovechoc
    Free Member

Its my bi-annual check up tomorrow, and I am always reminded of the Picolax thread when preparing for it. I have just started the first complimentary drink. I may be some time…

God bless all mentioned in the
    Picolax-thread!

Splash-man
    Free Member

Long live the Picolax 🙂

chipster

Good luck.

SaxonRider

When I was in hospital after my accident, the nurses at one point were warning me about the laxative I would need to take alongside the morphine and/or codeine I was consuming. I was slightly delirious at this point, but asked if I was going to have to take picolax. They laughed and asked if I had taken it before. I smiled back and said, coyly, that my only knowledge of it came from a bicycle forum.

perchypanther
    Free Member

That’s about an hour…….Must be about brown laser time by now.

Davesport

I’ll see your Picolax & raise you Movieprep! Prepare to have your world rocked \o/

juanking

Picolax whilst uncomfortable does the business and is generally no biggie. Just remember dab don’t wipe..

drnosh
    Free Member

Avoiding the risk of starting another thread about this subject, I have just gone through the same thing.

Picolax at 18.00

5 year check up tomorrow.

13 years since radiotherapy/surgery/chemotherapy.

Still riding!

bear-uk
    Free Member

That stuff is the work of the Devil. It starts off o/k then all hell breaks loose. Well something does lol.

lovechoc
    Free Member

Yup, first litre of Movieprep done ( not really going for the taste if I am honest ).

First 20 mins okay, then some gurgling. Then about an hour or two on and off the loo. after third session it was just liquid, near the last almost clear too!

Slight break to recover and put young-lovechoc to bed with a story ( Why the whales came ) and now starting on the second litre.

Still not liking the flavor. But if I breath-out whilst drinking its only the aftertaste on the swallow that kicks in.

One of the enduring memories of the original and truly wonderful thread was the humour and the sharing. My Dad was a bit old fashioned and didnt think it right to share such things, and when he passed away ( Bowel cancer ) it was a bit of a shock as he hadnt really told us how bad it was because he didnt want to talk about bottoms or poos. So young-lovechoc and I have had a chat, and a giggle about farts and gushings.

Hopefully its all going to be another all clear tomorrow, and if not then they will have caught the bugger in time to do something. But I wont hide it away, its not embarrassing. So if like Dad and I used to be, hiding away or hiding from nasty things, dont 🙂 Get down the Docs and you to can hear the immortal words “Just drop your trousers and pop up on the bed please”. 🙂

drnosh, my thoughts are with you! Best of luck to us both and all the other hungry buggers going in tomorrow and more still to the poor nurses and doctors who have to see my hairy arse every two years!

Bottoms up chaps!

grtdkad

Chapeau DrNosh sir!

Best of luck to you both.
    I’ve had my fair share of cameras at both ends 🥳

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh God…

“…brown laser…” genuine spit-my-beer moment there!

BillMC

‘…spit my beer…’ yet another motion metaphor, worthy of Rabelais!

juanking

Hope all goes well guys. From my Dynorod experience a couple of months ago I still recall the words well it inflates and deflates really well…

bear-uk
    Free Member

When I was on the table getting all the info about the procedure I said said Crack on and do what you have to.
    Plenty of giggling from the nurses.

lovechoc
    Free Member

drnosh, how did it go ?
    All okay here, couple of lumps removed and taken for biopsy, but they look okay ( and are normal for me ).

Food! I so missed you 🙂

drnosh
    Free Member

Just got back.

Thanks for all the wishes.

All clear…..

Had sedation and in the haze back in the recovery room, the nurses came over a couple of times and I heard them say ‘He’s still asleep’

Going to enjoy a cup of tea with milk now.

Fillet of salmon and mash for tea tonight.

Next check in 5 years.

@lovechoc
    . Hope the biopsys are negative.

epicyclo

I only came to check out this thread because it appeared immediately above the O-Ring thread.

Thought there might be some connection… 🙂

BillMC

I was hoping to call someone out for being anti-emetic.

leffeboy

The part that amused me most was going for a final in hospital ‘dump’ and then calling the nurse in to inspect that it was clear enough to swim in.  Made me feel like a small child but at least I wasn’t waddling around with my pants round my ankles looking for my mum

thejesmonddingo

Epicyclo,it’s probably a push-fit of some description.

lovechoc
    Free Member

Congratulations ! Hope your starting to feel more normal now. Glad its over for a few years.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Picolax’ is closed to new replies.