• This topic has 125 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)
  • Philip Schofield is gay
  • Cougar

I’m looking forward to a new series of Going Clive.

Edukator
    Free Member

Or to stand next to one having a piss at Charnock Richard services.

I stood next to big yinn Billy Connolly pissing in a bar in Scotland. So pissed he was propped up against the wall and swaying. I couldn’t understand much but it was happy and friendly sounding.

traildog
    Free Member

Does it matter, it’s nothing to do with us

It may help others on Singletrackworld who have similar inner turmoil to come to terms with who they really are.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

not surprised camp

well done, well done

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to a new series of Going Clive.

You might have to explain that one.

steve_b77
    Free Member

No massive surprise, but to keep it out of the public domain for a such a long period of time must require some epic legal intervention and some smoothing of the press. That is presuming he’s been active for these closeted 27 years?!?

DezB
    Free Member

It may help others on Singletrackworld who have similar inner turmoil to come to terms with who they really are.

closet gayers on STW! Outwageous!

jp-t853

His stock has gone down a lot in recent months with so many stories about him being a horrible person that the press are probably ready to drop any agreement they had or it is maybe good PR timing to stop the tide of bad stories. Either way nobody seems surprised about him being gay just surprised he was married.

slowoldman

One day this sort of stuff won’t make the news.

Cougar

That is presuming he’s been active for these closeted 27 years?!?

His statement said something akin to him not being ready for a relationship with a man just yet, which would imply perhaps that he hasn’t?

andybrad

tbh is it just a better way of saying hes been cheating on his wife?

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

A lot of naive people in here today

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

tbh is it just a better way of saying hes been cheating on his wife?

‘S wot i thought. Also, I’m sure many people are bi or pansexual and get dragged through the ‘coming out as gay’ narrative because they had an affair with someone of a different gender than their spouse/partner of x years.

As others have said, it’s (tabloid) gossip fodder. The story is (should be) between those involved*

*Unless he wants to make it all of our business, as showbiz types often do 😎

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

jam bo

Subscriber
    i’m more surprised by the news he had a wife than the news he is gay.

This. I genuinely thought he was gay

Kryton57

Back in the late 80’s I parked my car up in a public car park in Leeds, and just got out when Philip Schofield pulled up in his range rover….

Hmmmmm

jimmy

It should, yes.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Daily Mail comments section on this is another race to the bottom of humanity.

“What is wrong with the world we live in?” being a real highlight.

PMK2060

I truly hope that future generations don’t feel that they have to live a lie for most of their life.

masterdabber
    Free Member

He probably sees it as a career move.

peajay

I’m no Corbyn fan but when I seen the way Schofield conducted his interview with him I concluded that Schofield is a complete t**t, today’s announcement doesn’t change that.

tomhoward

His statement said something akin to him not being ready for a relationship with a man just yet, which would imply perhaps that he hasn’t?

I don’t think you have to be in a relationship to be active… in fact i think there are some websites dedicated to just that.

chakaping
    Free Member

I suspect the truth here is somewhere between the PR smokescreen & personal torment angles.

The entertainment industry is very tolerant about sexuality, which suggests it may have been something he realised after he’d cast his lot – so to speak.

Remember he would have been a child of the late ’60s and early ’70s, when attitudes were very different – and which may have created an internal prejudice he was unwilling to confront.

Anyway, I can only agree with PMK2060.

Drac

He probably sees it as a career move.

One of the UKs most successful and sought after presenters? Yeah I don’t think so.

chakaping
    Free Member

One of the UKs most successful and sought after presenters? Yeah I don’t think so.

He’s taken a pasting in the press recently for being an arsehole at work.

So he probably does actually, at least a bit.

HughStew

In a perfect world this wouldn’t be news.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Remember he would have been a child of the late ’60s and early ’70s, when attitudes were very different

That tide is turning. Thanks internet.

singletrackmind

Probably did the whole family thing as a career move. Being a homosexual and on kids tv In the 80s, with the beeb banning frankie goes to Hollywood etc probably kept it quiet
    Then as the country became more accepting of people’s sexuality and he is no longer doing kids TV he has decided to come out
    I no way am I saying here that being gsy automatically means that you have to be a peado. That was the way older generation portrayed people and demonised them as sexual deviants and being gay also meant you were a kiddy fiddler. Which is complete nonsense obviously.
    The medja will put him on trial no doubt rather than just letting him get on sort things out with his family privately

Cougar

That tide is turning. Thanks internet.

I’m not convinced that it is. I don’t think opinions / attitudes are changing (for the worse) but rather people are feeling more emboldened to spout their unpleasant views.

I rather hope it’s largely a generational thing. I’m led to believe that the younger generations on the whole simply don’t care about this stuff any more, someone coming out would generate about the same degree of reaction as them confessing they wore contact lenses.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have his autograph. He came to the local charity shop in Bristol sometime in 1999. Myself and a few other stoned students thought it would be great to go and meet him. I dont really remember though.  What a story.

Anyhow, interesting article on how the wives and family members handle it

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/03/did-i-ever-really-know-him-the-women-who-married-gay-men

frankconway

He’s gay; so what?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

And todays news headline is “camp man comes out as being gay”.

Wowzers…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Shocking …..

Getting to sit next to Hollywillyboobies and having no appreciation …. such a waste.

P-Jay
    Free Member

He’s gay; so what?

I’ll admit I don’t like him, although his sexual preferences have no bearing on this.

What you’ve said is EXACTLY the point. ‘Brand Phil’ is based on perfection, he’s the perfect, lovely bland daytime TV persona, with just enough spice to make him interesting (all that stuff about him partying all night with Holly after awards etc).

He’s already had a few knocks this year, co-presenters complaining about him being a dick, being a bit to nicey nicey with Johnson etc.

If he comes out now, it’s “he’s gay, so what?” the media and social media will rally around him, they’ll say he’s brave and wonderful and his image grows.

Alternatively, a headline that says “Phil cheats on wife of 27 years with Man” could ruin him, even if the less Mail-like papers stick with “Phil cheats on wife of 27 years” he’ll be in real trouble. Lots of ‘names’ have never fully come back from a story that knocks their nice-guy image – Jason Manford, Vernon Kay, Justin Lee Collins etc.

Moe

There are a lot of people here think they know how it is …… It’s not black or white, there are a lot of shades in between. Everyone has different feelings and their own battles, demons, highs and lows. To judge another, whether they be a celeb or a regular, anonymous person in the street is ….. well a dangerous game to play.

maxtorque

Lets face it, even with the help and assistance of the “wardrobe and makeup department” no straight man ever has hair that good for that many years……

/stereotypecity

chakaping
    Free Member

“wardrobe and makeup department”

Never heard it called that before.

jon1973
    Free Member

Roadies?

revs1972
    Free Member

Willoughby leaving his wife then?

Straight under the radar 😁

IdleJon

Probably did the whole family thing as a career move. Being a homosexual and on kids tv In the 80s, with the beeb banning frankie goes to Hollywood etc probably kept it quiet

They didn’t ban FGTH for being gay – they banned the single Relax for having an orgasm in the middle of it. If they were trying to ban overtly gay groups they would have had barely any acts on TOTP in the early-mid 80s.

jamj1974

He’s gay; so what?

There’s this which to a lot of us who have no issue with homosexuality would feel.

Then I agree with Cougar, disgustingly this is part of the way things are now:

I’m not convinced that it is. I don’t think opinions / attitudes are changing (for the worse) but rather people are feeling more emboldened to spout their unpleasant views.

Some of the responses on Twitter to Rev. Richard Coles bereavement on the load of his husband,were horrific in December.

Then this is posted –

Getting to sit next to Hollywillyboobies and having no appreciation …. such a waste.

Which although I’m sure isn’t based on hate from Ro5ey – is the kind of ‘banter‘ that people don’t realise could be harmful and Philip Schofield knows will be part of how the public will think.

It’s a bit much, when all that’s changed is whether he might prefer men to women…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Philip Schofield is gay’ is closed to new replies.