• This topic has 125 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Philip Schofield is gay
  • DezB
    Free Member

they banned the single Relax for having an orgasm in the middle of it

I did that once too.. it was the long version

perchypanther
    Free Member

I wonder if he ever got a ride in Mike Smith’s chopper?

zanelad
    Free Member

“It’s not black or white, there are a lot of shades in between.”

50 shades of gay, then.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to a new series of Going Clive.

You might have to explain that one.

Rhyming slang innit.

Clive Dunn = Bum Fun

Turns out, they do like it up ’em

nealglover
    Free Member

Then this is posted –

Getting to sit next to Hollywillyboobies and having no appreciation …. such a waste.

Which although I’m sure isn’t based on hate from Ro5ey – is the kind of ‘banter‘ that people don’t realise could be harmful and Philip Schofield knows will be part of how the public will think.

It’s also, almost exactly, the kind of banter that Eamon Holmes came out with directly to him, immediately after the “big chat” about it all on This Morning.

Drac

He’s taken a pasting in the press recently for being an arsehole at work.

So he probably does actually, at least a bit.

Just maybe this is why he’s been an arsehole at work. Behavioural changes due to stress and anxiety are often the reason behind it. I know looking back before I went into full meltdown I’d been an arsehole. Yes more then normal.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It might just be banter but I’m not really finding this thread all that funny.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s also, almost exactly, the kind of banter that Eamon Holmes came out with directly to him, immediately after the “big chat” about it all on This Morning.

People across the country will all be vaguely supporting him and saying exactly the same thing. The homophobic bastards!

Just maybe this is why he’s been an arsehole at work.

Perhaps we’ll never really know the full truth. Or care.

Northwind

chakaping

Subscriber

The entertainment industry is very tolerant about sexuality, which suggests it may have been something he realised after he’d cast his lot – so to speak.

It is now; but he started his UK tv career on kids’ tv, how likely would that have been if he was openly gay in the 80s?

jamj1974

It might just be banter but I’m not really finding this thread all that funny.

Not just me then.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Read on Twitter that on this day only 20 years ago Labours first attempt at defeating section 28 was defeated in the Lord’s. Theresa May called it a victory for common sense.

chakaping
    Free Member

It is now; but he started his UK tv career on kids’ tv, how likely would that have been if he was openly gay in the 80s?

Many entertainers would have been openly gay with friends & colleagues in the 80s (not as many as now, granted), but wouldn’t have publicly come out.

The entertainment industry has been more tolerant of homosexuality than society in general for hundreds of years.

I’m not pretending to have any special insight into this BTW, but used to work as a showbiz hack (the only straight, male one in town) and it’s a recurring theme.

Never heard a sniff about Phil FWIW.

Northwind

chakaping

Subscriber

The entertainment industry has been more tolerant of homosexuality than society in general for hundreds of years.

Yep, but it wouldn’t have been the industry that would have been a problem would it?

project
    Free Member

Totally shocked, hes 57, and just as annoying now as he was when he was with Gordon the Goffer.

But best wishes to him and his family for the future,one of probably many out there in real life and in the media,battling with their sexuality,and worrying what will family,freinds and partners think.

Hopefully a lot more people male and female will out themselves and stop having to live their life in the so called closet, and just have that conversation with people,they may loose freinds,but who wants freinds that dont/cant accept you for being yourself.

slowoldman

they may loose freinds

The sort they can do without.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Wasn’t going to bother commenting but:

I’m sure many people are bi or pansexual and get dragged through the ‘coming out as gay’ narrative because they had an affair with someone of a different gender than their spouse/partner of x years.

This. Its not necessarily a binary choice.

As for the “story”, like I say whenever anyone else comes out, so what? Just leave people alone to shag who they like.

Klunk
    Free Member

great story on radio 4, chap who’s parents both came out as gay, within weeks of each other. the Odd thing was neither his mum or dad had any idea the other was gay. Strange world we live in. 🙂

colournoise

jamj1974
    Not just me then.

Nope.

halifaxpete

I’m just amazed that in the year 2020 someones sexuality is deemed newsworthy.

Wish him and his family well though!

frankconway

Klunk – I heard that one some time ago; quite a sweet story really in how it panned out but both parents must have gone through tough times over the years when societal attitudes were much more judgemental.
    They’re hardly perfect now but it must have been so much more difficult in past decades and generations.

senorj

I’m with Stevenmuir, jamj & colournoise.
    Good luck to him.

RustySpanner

Plus another one.

Something unpleasant about this thread.

BillMC

Great thread: some banter, some genius wordplay, some opportunities for self-righteous indignation.
    Everyone’s a winner!

masterdabber
    Free Member

Agree with the comments that why is this seen as newsworthy in this day and age….. but hardly announced in a matter of fact sort of way. As I understand it, Schofield announced it on Twitter, then there was all the hugging and tears in the studio. Not just a passing reference to it but the full luvvy treatment.

joelowden

Aye, this thread has been good craic

kerley
    Free Member

Agree with the comments that why is this seen as newsworthy in this day and age

Because society has not moved on as far as you like to think/hope

stumpyjon

One of the reasons it’s been newsworthy is the way Schofield has chosen to do this, very, very publically. That I don’t like, his sexuality shouldn’t matter to anyone other than him and his family, choosing to make a big deal about is the mistake. And as others have said this country is far from the tolerant dream we’ve come to expect, I would say the majority of people are to some extent intolerant, homophobic and / or racist. I think Brexit proved the latter point.

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

Mods: pls urgently delete this highly triggering thread.

zippykona

I agree. It serves no purpose.

DezB
    Free Member

In other, more important, celeb news (swear word, highly appropriate swear word, warning)

https://www.dailysquat.com/

mooman
    Free Member

Northwind

The entertainment industry is very tolerant about sexuality …

I guess the comparison would be Michael Barrymore coming out as gay after many years living a lie to his wife. I cant help thinking the whole death in the swimming pool saga would never have dragged on for so long nowadays.

I remember being surprised years ago on hearing Phillip Schofield wasnt gay.
    His wife and daughters are the ones I feel sorry for here. He lived the lie of his own choice; he didnt have to get married; he could have done a Cliff Richard – his wife and daughters have had the consequences thrust upon them.

csb

It’s amazingly common for people to think they know themselves, get married and have kids, get into the routine of life, but years later decide to embrace who they’ve learned they really are. But imagine having to live a lie for so long because you rely on your image with a public that is still homophobic!

What is weird is the profile BBC has given it, almost like an admission of complicity in something that really isn’t an issue.

kilo

I cant help thinking the whole death in the swimming pool saga would never have dragged on for so long nowadays.

A person being brutally sexually assaulted and then dying in highly suspicious circumstances with one of the chief suspects trying to accuse the hospital of inflicting post mortem injuries would just blow over?

gobuchul
    Free Member

A person being brutally sexually assaulted and then dying in highly suspicious circumstances with one of the chief suspects trying to accuse the hospital of inflicting post mortem injuries would just blow over?

I watched that documentary on C4 last night,I was shocked at what had happened to that poor bloke and no one has been brought to justice.

Andy_B

A friend of a friend was shagging him 20 years ago. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that he was bi. I don’t really understand why he decided to announce it now so would assume he wanted to get in there before the press did.

dudeofdoom

Couldn’t give a shit about him being gay, but he went right down in my estimations when he started doing those we buy any car ads.

Yep same here…

chestrockwell

Just leave people alone to shag who they like.

Prince Andrew?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, but it wouldn’t have been the industry that would have been a problem would it?

I think you’ve missed the point a bit. He would have been surrounded by people for who his sexuality wouldn’t have been a problem, including a higher proportion of gay people than in the general population.

Which suggests that he probably wasn’t deliberately closeted for decades, but had more likely been hiding it from himself.

Getting into the realm of pointless speculation now, which some may find distateful, but I thought it was worth clarifying – as someone put much more succinctly above, there are more shades of grey/gay involved.

mooman
    Free Member

kilo

Subscriber
    I cant help thinking the whole death in the swimming pool saga would never have dragged on for so long nowadays.

From the older documentary on the case; the internal injuries were typical of those having their internal body temperature taken by having a thermometer inserted in a less than delicate manner as would be expected on a corpse; Sounded very plausible to me.
    I have not watched the new documentary though.
    It just seems to me that because it was at a famous gay persons home; one who was having a hard time off the press also … it presented the tabloids with an opportunity to have a sinister bad guy story to sell papers.

kilo

I think I’ll go with Essex Police version;

Despite attempts to save him, he later died in hospital. A post-mortem examination found Stuart had suffered horrific anal injuries which experts believe were the result of a serious sexual assault that happened prior to Stuart’s death.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘Philip Schofield is gay’ is closed to new replies.