Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 455 total)
  • Petrol-grabbing idiots!
  • scaredypants

better pay and conditions

I thought their T&C were being eroded – loss of final salary pension etc ? I guess they’d have a right to act against that, after a ballot

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, they’re going on strike for better pay and conditions but playing the ‘safety and training card’.

It must be very confusing for the employers – not knowing what the drivers actually want.

When do you think the drivers will tell the employers what they actually want ? I can’t see this dispute settled until they do.

This playing the wrong card malarkey seems like a waste of time to me.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I filled up my Smart on Saturday, (26.45 litres, £38.33) I’ve never managed to get more than 30 litres in it and Saturday was my 71st fillup.
    I usually fill up when I’ve done around 400 miles and as I’m not back at work till 4th I’ll not need fuel till the middle of April.

rocketman
    Free Member

Had to queue up this morning with a load of overweight smokers, all putting £10 worth in their stupid little cars

jon1973
    Free Member

Had to queue up this morning with a load of overweight smokers, all putting £10 worth in their stupid little cars

This is what happens when the government whips the proles up in to a feeding frenzy.

grum
    Free Member

No, they’re going on strike for better pay and conditions but playing the ‘safety and training card’.

You really feel for the oil companies in this scenario don’t you. How could they possibly afford better pay and conditions for their workers?

cb

I thought they were all sub-contractors

jon1973
    Free Member

I thought they were all sub-contractors

I think the whole industry has been split out now, so each part of the supply chain is run by different companies. This is one of the issues that they are threatening to strike about – everyone is driving costs down at the expense of safety.

aracer
    Free Member

not everyone has (arbitrary amount of money) sloshing around. Some people put in a fiver because, radical as this might sound, that’s all they have

You have to wonder how such people manage to scrape the money together to pay for their insurance and VED…

philconsequence
    Free Member

drove past 7 petrol stations this morning, 5 of them completely dry, all pumps wrapped up with ’empty’ signs’, the other 2… one had cars queueing for what felt like miles, the other was nearly empty and running as normal.

weird.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Dibbs…

45hp.! Does it go uphill.?

Jamie
    Free Member

Whoever devised this strategy to move the news foucs, should get a second helping of pudding.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

4 miles worth of fuel left in my car! Petrol stations had a ridiculous queues – train/bike for me today.

Cougar

You have to wonder how such people manage to scrape the money together to pay for their insurance and VED…

Oddly enough, tax / insurance dodging is neither the exclusive pursuit of the poor nor applicable to all of them.

I truly boggle. Some people really do live in ivory towers, don’t they. Are you so far removed from reality that you simply have no comprehension of how someone can struggle to make ends meet and yet not be a criminal?

jfletch
    Free Member

There was some eejit of a tanker driver on the news last night whinging that because of his evil employers he had to work long hours and didn’t get to see his family.

These people need to take some responsibility for their own lives, make a choice. Do you want to earn £45k for a job that requires relatively few qualifications in exchange for long unsociable hours or not? Lesser paid but shorter hours jobs for people with a HGV license do exist. Get a grip.

On the plus side the roads were nice and quiet this morning!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Sat in a queues for £1.49/litre fuel with the engine running?

I think our time on the planet is almost up.

seizednuts
    Free Member

Well today i filled up the micra, with a massive 30ltr tank, and three 5ltr jerry cans. I dont even feel guilty. 😈

aracer
    Free Member

Are you so far removed from reality that you simply have no comprehension of how someone can struggle to make ends meet and yet not be a criminal?

No – but I have no comprehension of how it’s possible for somebody to manage to afford the huge sums required to run a car, yet only be able to afford to put in £5 worth of fuel.

Cougar

I have no comprehension of how it’s possible for somebody to manage to afford the huge sums required to run a car, yet only be able to afford to put in £5 worth of fuel.

I think that’s pretty much what I was trying to say, yes.

grum
    Free Member

Well today i filled up the micra, with a massive 30ltr tank, and three 5ltr jerry cans. I dont even feel guilty.

Don’t feel guilty, just feel like an utter moron. HTH.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It’s not the fuel ditribution but the FOOD distribution that ought to concern you all. How will fresh milk get from the farm to your fridge?

Klunk
    Free Member

conspiracy hat on, do you think we a very close to a second quarter of negative growth on the bounce ? and goverment is trying to nudge the growth figures up a touch by us bulk buying petrol ?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

It’s like the 80’s all over again. Dave (Maggie) ruining the country and Ed (Neil) too close to the unions and hence unelectable.

Tories are encouraging panic buying even though there is no date set for a strike for two reasons:

1. Deflects attention from tricky #camdinewithme issue (remember that?)

2. Creates bad feeling against the unions, knowing Ed Miliband can’t say too much as he is only there because of them, hence making him look weak and compromised (which he is).

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But a fuel price spike won’t do the economy any good.

joao3v16
    Free Member

The strikes, that may or may not occur, are two weeks from now

😀

Don’t go round pointing out actual facts, it just makes all the sheep-like twazzers rushing around buying petrol look like massive pillocky idiots … oh, too late …

grum
    Free Member

No – but I have no comprehension of how it’s possible for somebody to manage to afford the huge sums required to run a car, yet only be able to afford to put in £5 worth of fuel.

Tory in ‘unable to comprehend what life is like for the plebs shocker’.

hora
    Free Member

I drove past an Asda petrol station this morning and they are queuing about a mile down the road.

I honestly don’t ‘get’ it. Can someone please explain why they are doing this beyond me thinking they are short-sighted idiots.

If you fill up, by next weekend (IF there is a strike) you’ll need to refill again anyway if you are going away as you’ll probably commute.

OR..Would you really want 5-10litres of highly flammable fluid in your boot or anywhere near your property?

Are these the same people who will block you on a motorway etc by accelerating as they can’t see pass one extra car length in life?

Klunk
    Free Member

interesting figures

32,897,000 (vehicles 2006) * 30 litres * £1.4 = £1,381,674,000

OK some massive assumptions, but still a quarter of that spent over a week is not to be sniffed at.

kimbers

yup the torries are still pushing this- the energy minister said today that any half full tanks should be topped up

it seems to be working
    its front page news
    the gullible masses are queueing at the forecourts (see siezednuts post)

i still reckon a pre april surge in fuel buying will help the books look better for osborne

but mainly its detratcting from camdinewithme
    it was also pointed out yesterday that using taxpayer owned buildings (like no10) for party fundraising was illegal too- that didnt make the headlines!

Klunk
    Free Member

Fuel sales figures from RMI Petrol for Wednesday say petrol up 81%, diesel up 43%

hora
    Free Member

yup the torries are still pushing this- the energy minister said today that any half full tanks should be topped up

They are saying that even today? They really need to be voted out. Tossers. Why couldn’t they just face the £10million donatee’ dinner?!

tracknicko
    Free Member

out of interest…

cant see 5 litres in a proper jerry can being worse than 70 litres in an underslung jerry can under your car…

funny what people worry about.

higgo
    Free Member

i still reckon a pre april surge in fuel buying will help the books look better for osborne

Can we expect the same this time next year then?

Klunk
    Free Member

Can we expect the same this time next year then?

yes if it means avoiding the “R” word.

kimbers

I wonder if we’ll have any more riots this year, could be particularly bad if everyones got litres of petrol stashed around the house!

hora
    Free Member

out of interest…

cant see 5 litres in a proper jerry can being worse than 70 litres in an underslung jerry can under your car…

funny what people worry about.

In a way I agree however the tank is underneath/designed and positioned in a certain way. Yes it will leak if you have a heavy rear end. However keeping petrol inside the cabin, even if its in the boot is daft IMO.

nealglover
    Free Member

Well, it’s just a thought, but maybe they save for it (weekly or monthly) so they have the cash available when its needed.

I know that’s what I do.

tracknicko
    Free Member

just an odd thing to worry about. a proper jerry can is tough as ****. and inside the ‘protected’/crumple zone of the car.

ah well. it’s a side point really.

GrahamS

Anyone posted this yet?

Government right about fuel shortage

joao3v16
    Free Member

I wonder if we’ll have any more riots this year

I don’t see why not. Just look at the incredible results following last years riots.

Setting fire to stuff and stealing other stuff is the best way to drive economic and social development.

The UK has become a utopia.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 455 total)

The topic ‘Petrol-grabbing idiots!’ is closed to new replies.