• This topic has 199 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • people always mock xc jeyboys….
  • bikerbruce
    Free Member

bikerbruce
    Free Member

world champs xc a line drop gap jump…

RealMan
    Free Member

Nice 😀

kudos100
    Free Member

Makes no difference, he is still wearing lycra and looks like a power ranger 😛

njee20
    Free Member

That was in the World Cup course last year too, not even got a nice line into it.

That’s a 29er too, certainly a proper drop! Sure the armchair experts can all ride it no handed though!

wwaswas

he is walking down it though 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

No chicken line?

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah there is a chicken line to the right of the photo IIRC

portlyone

Caught a few out if IIRC… the XC guys and girls definitely fall more spectacularly.

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I remember it from last year. Wouldn’t really fancy doing it on one of those bikes..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Any footage of it being ridden?

D0NK

Now that looks like something I’d have a go at riding, but not with my seatpost at full height and XCers don’t really do uppydowny posts do they?

Or stop before and after an obstacle to fanny about with their qr 😳

stumpy01

I’d be riding that no problems……

……..on my face with my arms sprawled out in front of me & my bike disappearing down the hillside. 😕

Must try harder.

sefton
    Free Member

respect!

respect for any person fit enough or skillful enough to compete!

hate to the armchair guys with big guts, little skill/fitness and shiny expensive all-mountain bikes!

you wouldn’t even make the drop off because you’d probably be propped up against a tree spewing your guts up!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – don’t fancy that on my HT TBH!

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Mmmmmm… chicken lines. I just luv ’em 8)

You wouldn’t catch my jey-tastic self going anywhere near that. Even on an Orange 5.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

yeah it’s the seatpost that gets me! tbh i can’t imagine how that works.. (other than painfully)

mboy
    Free Member

people always mock xc jeyboys….

Generally only the ones that take themselves too seriously, or the ATGNI types…

Then there’s guys like Absalon, who cleaned up at the Olympic test event (and a couple of the drops there make that one look small!) in style, repeatedly clearing all the trail obstacles. But then again, even though he may be fully lycra’d up, and on an 18lb Carbon hardtail, “jey” is hardly a fitting description of his riding style/ability!

njee20
    Free Member

Lean back, lots! Keep your knees apart, and wait for the saddle to clout you in the thigh when you land!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Lean back, lots! Keep your knees apart, and wait for the saddle to clout you in the head when you crash!

FTFY.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Now that takes some proper skillz on a skinny carbon HT

RealMan
    Free Member

KINGTUT 😆

trickydisco
    Free Member

Where is it?

philconsequence
    Free Member

anybody who wears lycra or rides a hardtail is totally jey.

its embarrassing when people use ‘core’ when describing XC riding, get over yourself you tubby middlemanagers… stick to the canals where you belong. the woods are for us sik riderz who know how to turn the awesome up to 11. if you can’t send it, go home.

donsimon
    Free Member

What is it with the jeyboy label, as said above re Absalon and I’ve watched Hermida come down some serious descents without all the stormtrooper protection?
    Jeyboys and girls are ace.

njee20
    Free Member

Where is it?

Champery, Switzerland.

LOL @ Kingtut!

chutney13
    Free Member

go large or go home, or go large on the way home with coke to drink.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

@5:45… Doesn’t look so bad…

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UOoNowcVI[/VIDEO]

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well its one of those more balls than skills ones – but – when your already blowing out your @rse it aint so easy on a race! with skinny tyres and 100mm travel not so easy I reckon!

crazy-legs

There was a picture online somewhere of a rider practising one of the lines at a World Cup XC in Australia, it had a guy standing next to it watching as well. so you could see the angles of the terrain.

Proper mental nearly vertical drop, limited run out and the guy was riding it on the usual 18lb XC HT, saddle fully extended. It looked like a smaller steeper version of The Slab at Dalbeattie except with bigger rocks in the run out zone…

Watching pro XCers is incredible – Absalon at the Olympic Test Event was SO smooth (and that course is really tough, much harder than it looks in pictures).

donsimon
    Free Member

Grrrrrrrrr!

richmtb

Proper national level (or above) xc riders are all nails and better technically than most of us.

I remember riding the first version of the Witches Trail at FW (not the shorter easier one they use now) its bonkers to think they did multiple laps on skinny hardtails with 80mm forks. I’ve still never managed to clean Nessie!

I bumped into two whippet types wearing what looked like Irish team kit at Dalbeattie one day. Me and my mate were mincing around at the top of the Qualifier and Slab trying to pluck up the courage to do it. These guys gave us a cheery hello did a little trackstand at the top and then just shot down it. Saddles fully extendened.

So I think the “jeyboy” tag is pretty often underserved

stumpy01

The bloke in that video at 24sec – that might as well be me, that might. 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

would i be wrong in thinking that ‘jey’ is just an almost swearfilter avoidance style way of getting away with calling XC riders ‘gay’ and if so how come STW hasnt clamped down on it…?

its not a swear word i know… but if thats the understood implication of ‘jey’ then it’s kinda the equivalent of calling people ‘slowmosexuals’

rewski
    Free Member

TSY – assume that’s the chicken run at 6:14?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“I’ve still never managed to clean Nessie!”

I remember that feature, a right-curving staircase. I tried it twice on a rental HT and ended up in the orange netting twice.

Is it gone now? That’s a pity.

donsimon
    Free Member

“Jey” is a badge to be worn with pride.

legend
    Free Member

Last year more people picked to their bikes and leapt across it (during practise at least) than actually launched it on the bike! Made for some very funny footage though 🙂

nmdbase
    Free Member

Meaning of Jeyboy please?????????????

tazzymtb

Jeypride is awesome, you baggy short wearing tubby boys should stick to biffling around with your slow heavy skill compensating tractors and leave the properly skilled riders alone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘people always mock xc jeyboys….’ is closed to new replies.