• This topic has 199 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 200 total)
  • people always mock xc jeyboys….
  • jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

gayboy, under the pretense of being non homophobic

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s a derogatory term used against XC riders for riding lightweight bikes, generally mincing and wearing lycra, cos we’re not stormtroopers.

philconsequence
    Free Member

thought as much. are people taking offence? if so i’ll definitely stop using it…

actually i’ve only ever used it to take the mic out of people who use it seriously on here… never said it in real life.

*reports self to the mods for creating the term slomosexual*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can someone make some “jeypride” lycra please? With Slowmosexual written across the back of the shorts? This would make me very happy.

richmtb

“I’ve still never managed to clean Nessie!”

I remember that feature, a right-curving staircase. I tried it twice on a rental HT and ended up in the orange netting twice.

Is it gone now? That’s a pity

No Nessie is still there, still marked on the route as well but they have shortened the original course by quite a bit, although all of the trail is still there you just need to find it.

binners

Doesn’t the phrase jeyboy have its routes in down wit’ da kidz MBUK mag?

donsimon
    Free Member

This would make me very happy.

But only you….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

binners – Member

Doesn’t the phrase jeyboy have its routes in down wit’ da kidz MBUK mag?

MBUK forum as I recall.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But only you….

😆 surely you don’t think I ever think about anyone else? 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

This is becoming more evident day by day…

Alejandro
    Free Member

No way am I doing that drop on my XC bike… Or any other bike for that matter :s

Edric64
    Free Member

I always wear lycra and only ride cross country….

nmdbase
    Free Member

I wear nothing but a thong and ride an apollo, do I fit in? 😆

aracer
    Free Member

thought as much. are people taking offence? if so i’ll definitely stop using it…

It’s OK, we’ve reclaimed it…

My name is aracer and I’m an XC jeyboy.

foxyrider
    Free Member

nmdbase
    Free Member

Where did you get photos of my pants from?!!!

kudos100
    Free Member

Urban dictionary, never fails to amuse 🙂

Yes the top xc boys are pretty damm skillful. I’ve ridden with a guy who is a superfit xc type racer and he is very quick downhill.

The top guys are hard as nails, as are the top road riders. Loads of battle scars, tons of skill and supremely fit.

As for the rest of the xc/road riding pansies, the mickey taking shall resume…. 😛

juan
    Free Member

Nice line I’ll do it on a hardtail but with the saddle down ;-), however at this point we shall remember they are professional riders in MOUNTAIN biking. So all thing considered it is not that difficult, and you do come across similar features riding along in the alps. It’s like saying your mechanics he’s a very good tinkerer because he can change your cam shaft on the car.
    Absalon is indeed a very skilled rider as he’s one of the few top ten to attempt and finish the TV. Same way that most roadies would struggle on a road ride with the other absalon or fabien barel (yes this bastard is really fast uphill).

emsz
    Free Member

Blimey Yeti, never seen mountain bike racing before, did you see how fast those blokes were going from the start line!! 😯 I would be wanting my mum at that jump. LOL

Muddy girls though….. 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*stops thinking about wanting emsz mummy*

Errrrmm, no, sorry, it’s gone… I had something to say… I’ll come back to you.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

It seems that the “cross country riders are soft” image come very much from people that can’t really ride themselves or have very little understanding of the sport. I have read/heard many a comment from pro downhiller’s complementing the cross country riders, sure I remember Steve Peat saying that a great cross country rider was proper mountain biker.
    Also to add weight to the cross country riders have skills, Nino Schurter beat Remi Absalon in a ‘mega’ event last year.

nickf
    Free Member

Muddy girls though…..

Why else d’you think I bother with Mayhem every year….it may be muddy/rainy and have a rubbish course, but there are always very nicely formed and superfit female riders to cheer me up as I’m (inevitably) overtaken.

oldgit
    Free Member

Jey just means you ride 100% of everything at full tilt.

No stopping, faffing, eating, drinking or in fact anything that stops you getting to B from A as quickly as possible.

Sometimes it looks cack handed, messy and even if they’re mincing, but it’s a race against other riders out there at the same time as you and the line isn’t always available and you have to think or not on the spot.

Gary_C

Lol at the mincers in the video off the bike & running with it.

Err, guys, you’re in a XC BIKE RACE, not an xc running race.

So stay on the bike & **** ride the damn thing.

🙄

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i love this has brought out some deamons…im jey and proud but even that line would make me think twice

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

These guys and girls are pro athletes, the discipline is somewhat by the by. Tracy Mosely was competitive at the Dalby XC and Peaty raced extremely well in XC class back in the day.

Just like most top XC riders have a few skills when pointing downwards.

njee20
    Free Member

So stay on the bike & **** ride the damn thing.

What if it’s faster to run? If you’ve not got a good line and had to stop it’s probably quicker to run down the hill than it is to faff trying to restart with other riders streaming past!

bikerbruce
    Free Member

Just like most top XC riders have a few skills when pointing downwards

yeah cause im sure that with 10 inch of travel 2.5 tires,full armour they’d be alot slower :/

juan
    Free Member

What if it’s faster to run?

Course designer should be hang…

If you’ve not got a good line and had to stop it’s probably quicker to run down the hill than it is to faff trying to restart with other riders streaming past!

Well that’s the game, you pick up a bad line, you loose time, end off.
    But I double concur on the swede comment.

njee20
    Free Member

200 riders turn off the starting fireroad at 30mph into the first bit of singletrack, which includes a very narrow rooty descent. You have the choice of stopping/trackstanding and waiting 5 minutes for a clear line, or you get off and run, when you can go through the undergrowth, and take very different ‘lines’ to the single rideable line.

You’re always going to get bottlenecks, unless you have a race of 100% fireroad, which would be torturously dull, and like it or not (I imagine not and you’ll have some smart arse justification about what girls they all are and you can puff out your chest and feel good about yourself) it may be quicker for those at the back to run.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If it’s good enough for CX riders..

njee20
    Free Member

Everyone knows they can’t ride anything though 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

The race is on to be first through the singletrack. If your not one of the first it’s carnage. It’s hard to explain if you’ve not been there, but the drive to keep moving is very powerfull. If you dab you just tend to run and remount rather than stop and start again.?

njee20
    Free Member

And if it’s a world cup or similar with 200 riders you will never be the first unless you’re on the front row of the grid! So you may as well limit your losses, and yes as soon as you stop just get off and run, at least you’re still moving!

Taff
    Free Member

Wouldn’t like to do it on a hardtail, did a drop of a metre on the weekend on a xc bike with the saddle up… took a fair few hours to forget that! Where is that course?

Northwind

Only issue I’ve got with people walking/running sections is when they think it’s OK to do it right down the middle of the trail, or block the trail while they restart, and end up slowing down riders who’ve just ridden the section they wouldn’t. If I do 10UTB again there’s a decent chance I’ll end up slapping someone 😳

njee20
    Free Member

Champery, Switzerland.

oldgit
    Free Member

TBH you don’t get walkers in an XC race, and being behind is your problem unless it’s lapping leaders.
    It tickles me how fussy xc riders are about their bikes and kit, but when they’re racing they treat them like ****.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Bikes are meant to be treated like ****

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘people always mock xc jeyboys….’ is closed to new replies.