• This topic has 373 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 374 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February
  • Naranjada
    Free Member

He turned up but didn’t ride then?

In one!

He rode my bike in the car park, told me the shock rebound was ‘a bit quick’ and that the handlebars are too wide.

Obviously I ran off crying to rectify those faults before setting off.

No idea why he came all that way and didn’t ride; weird.

Onzadog
    Free Member

D0NK, I was pretty chuffed with myself down to Slippery Stones. I took the whole of the rockier route from the top and cleared it without a dab. (Also forgot to drop my saddle for it!)

How “interesting” were your lines then?

Naranjada
    Free Member

double post

xcentric
    Free Member

mintimperial, pook: looks excellent fun. Can’t see the wind on the video though 🙂 seems like fun – how long were you out for? may try to get a pass to get along for the next one…..

Andyhilton
    Free Member

4ish hours. The wind was pretty bad. Stuggled to hold any sort of line (although that could have been me)!

Pook

Nah it was all of us!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

🙂

mintimperial

Never mind holding a line, I found it hard to hold onto my flipping bike at a couple of points…

D0NK

Onza, 2 tricky right handers and it took 2attempts at each, well 1 ride in offliline and refusal, check the correct line then go for it. FTR wide line on the first, on the 2nd right at the bottom i cut the corner, extra steep but smooth and an ok run out.
    Any spectacular crashes?

Pook

enough tumbles off mickleden edge to raise a smile. You missed a good return leg, the drop to slippery stones was excellent, and it was like riding in summer once we were sheltered from the wind.

D0NK

Yeah i was sorry to leave, good job i did tho father in law broke down and needed rescuing so straight back out as soon as i got home

ComradeD
    Free Member

Thanx for showing us around Chris. Great day out even in the wind

stormtrooper
    Free Member

Big thanks to Chris for my first STW group ride, even if it was more ‘brutal’ than ‘pootle’ in places. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day and it was great to meet you all and put some names to faces.

Can’t wait for the next one!

Rich (red Inbred) and Craig (red Stumpjumper).

flyingmonkeycorps

Gutted I couldn’t make it but it sounds like you had a goodun’… I think I saw y’all setting off from Fairholmes as we got back from a loop round Ladybower.

ComradeD
    Free Member

2hottie – 3 pizza’s to yourself. FAT GIT!!!!

Pook

well earned.

Pook

tom,

just watched the video – cracking work mate, really like it (good choon too). And of course, it was a pleasure…..

longstuff
    Free Member

Help! How do you upload Photobucket photos

mintimperial

@Pook, aw cheers! I’ll make sure the cam is straight on the next one…

@longstuff, the photobucket site should talk you through the actual uploading. Once the pics are up there you need to grab the ‘IMG Code’ address from the ‘Share’ box on the photo page. Copy the “IMG]http://000…”-type gibberish from there and paste the gibberish on here. Job done!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Chris – cheers for a top day out – next time though a touch less breeze would be nice 😉
    Seriously – breezy enough that, in places I stopped lifting my front wheel over obstacles because the wind just took it!
    mintimperial – thanks again for driving & the vid – happy i kept out of most of it 😉
    and, to everyone else – great to have shared the trip… 🙂

Pook

Here you go – short and sweet. Not much riding funnily enough but some nice shots….

[video]http://vimeo.com/37484791[/video]

Onzadog
    Free Member

My mind had started to blank out just how windy it was. That just brought it all flooding back.

Pook

I was going to edit the wind out but I went for authenticity instead.

mintimperial

Ace! Nice weather for wind-turbines…

Pook

kite flying….

longstuff
    Free Member
    Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Hora is such a mangina; does it surprise anyone that he would drive all that way to stand in the car park, tell someone that their bikes are set up wrong and then drive to John Lewis instead of riding? He came to Morzine with us last year for five days and basically did the same thing, although he retired to his room to read a girly novel rather than go to John Lewis.

As soon as he reads this, I expect to receive an email which will ‘explain’ his actions.

binners

Hora is basically a complete and utter cock groupee. I think he likes the idea of mountain biking. In that it allows him to hang around with rufty tufty men, without, of course any of the frightful stuff like getting wet. Or muddy. Or doing any exercise.

Its amazing he actually made it to the car park. He made arrangements for yesterday too. In fact, some people changed their plans yesterday entirely for his benefit, but then he didn’t actually bother to turn up. With absolutely no good reason. What a surprise. So… if you’re reading this Hora – **** you!!! you unreliable, inconsiderate ****!!!!

Pook

ok…that aside Im sure he feels remorseful and will soon be along to apologise.

binners

I’m sure he will Pook. Or maybe there will just be more of the eternally lame ‘dog ate my homework’ type of horse-crap that usually accompany his non-appearance

Looked a bit blustery out there for you all

Pook

like riding in a hurricane.

Never been blown off at the same time as 24 other bikers before….

nbt

well, there was that stag weekend once…

portlyone

Thanks for the guiding Chris. Next time I’m just gonna circle the reservoirs! 😉

Pook

my ‘pleasure’ ;o)

Bregante

nbt – Member
    well, there was that stag weekend once…

😆

thepodge
    Free Member

Maybe if you lot stopped being such internet warriors every time Hora is mentioned then he’d be more inclined to spend time with you in person.

I’ve been on quite a few rides with just me and him and they have always been fun where as some of you lot I’d happily live the rest of my life never meeting you.

Pook

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn10VUdaTBM&feature=related[/video]

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

I know what happened to Hora !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawson

@Pook – don’t get me involved! 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Srb, do tell.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 374 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February’ is closed to new replies.