• This topic has 373 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 374 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February
  • radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Alternatively, someone might give a lift from Sheffield or Manchester way if you can get there

scaled
    Free Member

I’m already in Manchester (Sale) went carless about a month ago and not been on the MTB since*!

*fitness is at an all time high after losing use of said car

flyingmonkeycorps

I can probably pick up from Sheffield on the way, but I’ve yet to experiment with fitting two bikes in the Yaris…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Yay! I have booked this day off for riding. Boo! I’ve already made riding plans. Might see you lot out on the hills though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

@TINAS – 25th of Feb IS nearly the end of Feb?

Well my next checkup is on the 24th in Reading, which puts me at the wrong end of the country that weekend too 🙁

I might keep it penciled in the Diary then I can cancel at the last minute when the missus throws a strop and I can claim some brownie points!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Just may have a slice of this.

Pook

wonder who else will join in?

lesa
    Free Member

Well its to soon for me after my surgery. But you can get there by train from Manchester. Check to see if a wayfare ticket is cheaper than a return. A wayfare ticket is £10.00

dabble
    Free Member

How do lads n lasses, room for a n00b? I’m rubbish going up but can get down pretty good, IMO. I’ll be coming from hudds way if anyone requires a lift in my sporty little two seater
    van.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

What’s a sporty two seater van?!

dabble
    Free Member

Its a van, it has a rugby ball in the back, and has two seats. Thats as far as it goes. Berlingo, in case you were wondering what make.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Sounds rad.

dabble
    Free Member

It does the job.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I’d like a van. Soon I might not need a car any more so I might trade in

dabble
    Free Member

They come in very handy. Even if i didnt need it for work id propbably have one anyway, so easy to chuck the bike in the back n get going, no messing with bike racks and all that malarky. We managed to get 5 bikes in the back of it with the front wheels taken off and stacked down the sides so for a little van its taken some good loads, ahem.
    Only problem is the lack of seating up front but you can get three seater berlingos, although it would be very cosy and i dunno where they put the gear lever 😮

marsdenman
    Free Member

Right, buggrit…. have just approached 2 very good, not seen in tooo long a time, friends to see if we can defer our ‘prior’ of the 25th….. at £106 for a service my forks need a bloody good using 🙂
    Will see what the friends come back with….

Pook

ooh the pressure!

marsdenman
    Free Member

Job sorted 🙂
    All things being equal I shall grace you with my presence – as usual, last up the hills, last down 🙂

Xar
    Free Member

You might have to fight me for the honour of being last up the hill, not so slow going downhill though gravity is on my side 😀

marsdenman
    Free Member

gravity is on my side

@ 16 stone’ish in full kit, it’s on mine, too.
    It’s just that I have to be sure to do my job – unofficial brake tester 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m pretty sure I will be up there for the steadiness award going up the hills. And down. And on the flat bits, too.

Pook

I might run this pootle in lincolnshire. Then there’ll be no hills for you to fight over anyway. 😉

Xar
    Free Member

Not Lincolnshire, my mum will walk along side me and nag all the way around. If i promise to let someone else be at the back can we move it back to the peaks?

Pook

Go on then. I’ll see if i can find some hills out that way.

iDave
    Free Member

I might go on this.

sambob
    Free Member

I’d recommend it iDave, you’ll probably find some new customers. ;D

Pook

Sam’s destined to be a fat knacker. It’s his love of jelly babies.

sambob
    Free Member

Unless i continue my disgraceful habit of throwing them on the floor.

Sandwich

last up the hills, last down

I might be joining you on the ups. Good for mid-table on the downs, I hope.

2hottie
    Free Member

Before I book the day off is this still on? Saturday 25th of this month?

Pook

Yeah course it is!

😀

sambob
    Free Member

Can we start wishing for nice weather now? I feel it’s deserved.

simon1975

Hi Chris – I’m thinking about joining you again for a bit of pootling, I think I need to brush up on my bicycle-scuba skills…

Will keep an eye on here for meeting-up details 🙂

Pook

Excellent – Simon, it will be good to have you along again – it’s been a while.

I’m still deciding on a route.

timc
    Free Member

could be up for my first ever ‘pootle’

jamesco

I can never remember- does pootling trump bimbling or is bimbling a better hand, I do know that a dawdle is the worst of the lot but I never seem to get above that at least in public! On the odd occasion that I’ve been lucky enough to have a blast there are never any witnesses a bit like my hole in one and my 147 break !

Pook

if we’re going on that analogy, while a dawdle would be a high card….a jack say, a pootle is a pair of fours. A bimble is a pair of threes.

jamesco

I’d be quite happy to get my hands on a nice pair on a cold morning like this at work.Card playing is frowned upon here at the ministry of funny walks though .

sefton
    Free Member

could be up for this (I’ll start the approval process straight away) 😆

Pook

I’m still playing with routes

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 374 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February’ is closed to new replies.