• This topic has 373 replies, 67 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Pook.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 374 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February
  • D0NK

Been pretty ill this week but I’ll probably be there, likely will be coughing a lot tho and definitely wont be monocogging it.

Pook

we’re slow. you’ll be fine!

D0NK

wasn’t too worried about the pace just didn’t want people complaining about me bringing along the remnants of my cold to group ride 🙂

mintimperial

just didn’t want people complaining about me bringing along the remnants of my cold to group ride

Don’t worry, I’m bringing mine too, so there’ll be plenty to go around…

D0NK

do we have an ETA back at base? Mrs is trying to plan going out and wants to know what time I’ll be back.

sambob
    Free Member

My sincerest apologies Sandwich[list], I am as disappointed as you. You’ll have ridden Cut Gate more times than me, and you’re a softy southener…

Pook

DONK – no ETA, but sometime mid – late avo I should think. If we’re late you can always double back as it’s an out and back.

The definitive plan for tomorrow….

Meet at Fairholmes car park, on the grassy bit in the middle at 10.30am.

We’re going to ride Cut Gate. Hopefully it will be dry but if not we’ll work something else out.
    After that we’ll got and get a pint in the nearby Ladybower Inn.

As always, the emphasis is on the social side of things, having a chat, talking to fellow pootlers and generally having a good time. The pace has variously been described as ‘sedate’, ‘relaxed’ or just plain ‘slow’ on previous pootles.

I’ll be the tall blond bloke on the silver rockhopper. See you tomorrow, I’m off to the pub 😀

Pook

looking good weather wise all. Cut gate promising…..

james
    Free Member

bummer, cant get there now, maybe another time

Hope its dried out enough for you all
    not so long ago: ..

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hora. If you’re struggling to get there. We are leaving Sale 830ish. Room for a little un in the van… You’ve got my email.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Hora. If you’re struggling to get there. We are leaving Sale 830ish. Room for a little un in the van… You’ve got my email.

marsdenman
    Free Member

ooops, just seen the time….. s’pose I’d best stop drinking and get to bed……. 😯
    Sleep tight all – See you all in the morning!

Pook

James, I can see a dry line through that……

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Have fun everyone. Can’t make this one 🙁 but I’m still out riding 🙂

Look forward to pics…

Pook

LOOK AT THOSE SKIES! I’m going to listen to the orb while driving out.

Sandwich

Back home after a nice ride in a flatbed recovery vehicle. Have a good time will be trying for the next Pootle.

Pook

WARNING: POLICE SPEED CAMERA ON THE A57!

Naranjada
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride Chris, sorry I had to bail before branching off to N America.

It was a bit windy though, wasn’t it?

Pook

A bit windy?! I just wish we’d had kites, we’d have been up and over in minutes!

Cracking ride today – I’m aching quite rewardingly, and have almost forgotten the grimness of the top…..

Wind. Urgh.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Was a top day out. Cheers guys. I think my mate Chris enjoyed it as well.

BadlyWiredDog

Cheers guys, nice meeting people and sorry I didn’t hang about to say goodbye, but I figured it was better to stay moving than die from wind chill induced hypothermia. Brutal pedal home into a strong headwind the whole way home. Lovely 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

301?

Pook

Biggest pootle (thread) ever?

joelm76
    Free Member

Cheers Chris for organising a great ride, was good fun meeting people, riding great trails and learning to ride tilted to the side at 45 degrees while the wind tries to push you over!

jamesco

How many rode ? I had work AND baby sitting .

dawson

started off with 25ish and then a few went early/disappeared.

Thanks to Chris for organising.

I’ve got a really red nose from the wind, and it seems really quiet in the house without 40mph wind!

dale
    Free Member

Thank you mr Pook tremendous ride,now tiredly happy. Wow did the bike bring a lot of mud back !

chrissyj
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it… Nicely bashed up and full of mud but what a challenge in that wind! Cheers for organising Chris!!!

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Thanks for organising the ride Chris. Nice to put some faces to names. Great Pootle!

chrissyj
    Free Member

Hands up today’s members of the over the bars club 🙂 here’s one!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Me too.

Pook

I stayed generally upright. fell off sideways enough times though…..

2hottie
    Free Member

Chris,

Thanks for organising a great ride out enjoyed the whole day even the pedalling down hill!

Onzadog and Mark, cheers for the battle to the top of the hill! Top climbing considering the conditions. Mark I would have had you on the last sprint to car park but the tape on my 5’10’s finally gave up, honest!

So after a few near misses on the way home, (Audi driver) my evening will mostly consist of this:

Again great to see people off here and the Peaks Pootle was on my list of things to do before I move to Australia. Cheers for making it a good one.

Scott.

mintimperial

Quick edit of today’s ride:

[video]http://vimeo.com/37442234[/video]

Sorry to the fella at 30s, couldn’t resist including that clip. 😀

This is nowhere near as good as it should be cos a) I’m a **** idiot and the camera is wonky, and b) I’m a **** idiot and forgot to even turn the camera on for the last drop into Cranberry Clough, which was ace as usual. 😳

Anyway, smashing ride in spite of hurricane force winds on the top, cheers Pook! Apologies for holding everyone up with my mechanicals, I’m going to bin that chain now…

dale
    Free Member

more dabs than digits and a nice over the bars starfish 😉

longstuff
    Free Member

If i knew you were moving to Australia i would have let you have the last sprint!……………..not 😀

Mark

Bernaard
    Free Member

Looks like a good day out. Ours was less muddy on the Jacobs ladder route, although the wind was a pain, with one lad getting blown off the edge of broken road 😯

D0NK

Good ride, cheers for organising pook. what time did you get back to fairholme?

Found some interesting lines on the last steep drop in to the lakes, how did everyone get on there?

Hora not been on with the results of the car park bike tests yet?

Wozza
    Free Member

Hands up today’s members of the over the bars club here’s one!

‘Check’

Cheers for the ride Chris.

nbt

Hora not been on with the results of the car park bike tests yet?

He turned up but didn’t ride then? Reading between the lines, although I’m sure I’d have enjoyed the company I’m quite glad I missed the windiness 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 374 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: Saturday 25th February’ is closed to new replies.