Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday
  • BadlyWiredDog

It’s a pretty big car park. Charge is a fiver for more than four hours – website – and there’s a public loo right at the side of the car park.

If you don’t fancy forking out a fiver, there’s free parking on the Barber Booth/Upper Booth road leading up to Jacob’s itself – about here – which is only about five to ten minutes ride away from Edale, space for oh, I dunno, about 20 cars, no loo…

Alternatively, if you’re a National Trust member, you could park for free in the car park at the top of Mam Nick – here – from where it’s about ten minutes or so down to Edale, all downhill, one nice direct descent bridleway, but a bugger at the end of the ride as it’s an extra and quite steep climb. No loo either.

Oh, and I should be coming along tomorrow, Chris. Riding over first thing.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Ah! yes £5 but £6 for over 24 hours for the (very) old slow fat riders 😉

Pook

if tomorrow is anything like today we’re in for a stunning ride!

timc
    Free Member

confirmed to attend tomorrow, bringing a mate, excited about it 🙂

swamptin
    Free Member

Damnit! I just found this! I was thinking ‘Next month…I can afford next month’. Nope, there shall be no Swamp Thing present on this pootle. However, I shall now work out the best way to get to Edale via public transport in anticipation of the next. Have a fun ride all!

Pook

edale is on the main Sheffield – Manchester line.

hora
    Free Member

Is the chap with the M3 318 estate coming?

sacktwist
    Free Member

Pook,

Nice one. Sounds like a good use of a Sunday.

I’ll be there on my brown bike. Maybe +1 too.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Pook – you have mail. 🙂

dawson

looks like there should be a good turn out!

phil56

Is the chap with the M3 318 estate coming?

the chap will be there

Pook

Just checked my email and responded to everyone (I think!)

10am tomorrow at Edale car park. It’s a fiver in change to park. We’re doing a 13 mile loop with a bit of climbing, followed by the jacobs ladder descent – then a pint and a bite

There’s a few people coming by train which gets in at 10.07 so we’ll hang around a bit (as usual!) before we set off along the road then up Chapel Gate.

h4muf
    Free Member

Wonder if he’s interested in a px for a standard one plus some money for his? 😉

coopersport1
    Free Member

Caught this a bit late in the day doh!

Pook

Caught it all the same though coops!

mintimperial

Right, due to family commitments I have to get back a bit earlier than usual this time, so I’m planning to do the loop starting from Hayfield, hopefully meet up with the official Pook’s™ Peaks Pootle® at Edale at 10, ride with the bunch back to Hayfield and then sit and laugh shout encouragement as you all set off up Coldwell Clough. See yers all tomorrow!

twang
    Free Member

I’ll be along Chris if I can get up there after F1. I’m relying on horas car park faffage for a delayed start…

Pook

F1 coverage finishes at 9.15am. Handily, that is exactly when skiprat of this parish is picking me up from Sheffield……

Funny how things work out eh? ;o)

PaulMc
    Free Member

Had intended (and had a pass) to make this one but as I’ve spent the last 48 (almost) hours in Alder Hey Childrens Hospital with my 9 year old who underwent signficant urgent surgery yesterday I (a) desperately need sleep and (b) have higher priorities elsewhere. Have a good one folks.

flyingmonkeycorps

Looks like I’m definitely in plus one! Bring on the pootling 😀

kbrpro
    Free Member

This is mine and the misses first time out. Glad to see theres F1 fans in attendance 🙂 Hope for a good race in the morning, then a gently mid morning ride afterwards (not the other way round) 🙂

trailaddict
    Free Member

Count me in!

h4muf
    Free Member

F1 + 318 Touring M3 + Peak district = WINNING!

hora
    Free Member

phil56 I love you man. None of that mano mano stuff. Proper manlove 8) (man)

Pook

I’m having a bacon butty in the morning too.

Bunnyhop

PaulMc – I hope everything goes well for you.
    Bunnyhop x

We (nbt and myself) might be there tomorrow.
    I’ll be the one moaning a lot near the back, you know – too hot, too cold, need a wee, I’m hungry, are we nearly there yet, too rocky too steep etc 🙂

Pook

Jane -it wouldn’t be the same without you!

Pook

Ah glorious sunshine – always makes a pootle.

😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Heavy dew and misty in The Valley at 8am but the sun is just cresting the ridge and burning off the mist nicely to leave bright blue sky above – looks like it’s going to be a fab day for a Pootle. Top choice of weather Pook! 😀

Pook

It takes some phone calls.

nbt

well we’re up amd eating breakfast so I think that means we’re pootling

Pook

Jules – you’ve brought the sunshine out in my heart 😛

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Last minute bail, got sucked in by the F1 🙄
    Have a great one folks.
    I will have to do with a local Long Mynd in the sun.

scaled
    Free Member

Bah. Girlfriend is going to the gym so I’m on childcare duties. Bit cold to have her on the back of the bike for hours.

sambob
    Free Member

I was at work looking out of the window longingly, knowing you lot were having too much fun on your bikes 🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

Are they even back yet?

One of the reasons I don’t do big group rides anymore is I can’t be doing with 5 hour rides that would normally take me 2.5

sambob
    Free Member

Last time I did this route as a pootle it took a good 6 hours, but that was in the snow.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

We are back, great group of people with whom to push a mountain bike up hills in the Peak District. Huge thanks to Chris and Jules for another well organised Pootle.
    Good to meet some more folks. I will post the pics up when I have recovered sufficient strength, I am totally bolloxed. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Brilliant. Malteser Cake was great- gave it to hora jnr (pic on facebook but it wont link for some reason) 🙂

Thank you.

Some nice folk on STW and I felt sorry/heartfell for Rachels pint.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Leaving Bradwell to ride Batham Gate and meet the Pootle at the end of Chapel Gate/Rushup Edge

Haribo break!

There were a few of us!

Waiting for Pook & Nbt to set up their cameras

The descent with film crew in place

We’re ready for our close ups Mr DeMille

Pich yourselves out of this lot:

Another regroup!

We came from over there somewhere…

Halfway up the ‘Long Push’

The other half of the ‘Long Push’ stretches ahead

Pushers in action

Hilarity at the top of Jacob’s Ladder

Everyone down safely

The bottom of Jacob’s Ladder

Just the mad dash to the pub for a couple of beers and then the ride back to Bradwell.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday’ is closed to new replies.