Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 236 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday
  • andrewrchambers
    Free Member

This sounds like a real hoot. I’m in!

shep39
    Free Member

Pootles aren’t a typical ‘group ride’. I started them ‘cos I hated being the person at the back. I wanted a group ride for the people at the back. There aren’t any people at the back in a pootle.

Sounds perfect, could I possibly join you?

I’m looking for people to ride with but I’ve been worrying I’m not fast enough 😳

BadlyWiredDog

Tentatively, yeah, if I’m around. I shall wear ribbons in my hair… 😉

Pook

shep – pootles are for you!

Pook

shep – pootles are for you!

shep39
    Free Member

Definitely sounds like it, doesn’t it? I’ll be there for sure 🙂

shep39
    Free Member

Definitely sounds like it, doesn’t it? I’ll be there for sure 🙂

EDIT ~ Hmmmm not sure what’s going on with the double posts but I am enthusiastic 😀

Xar
    Free Member

Shep i felt the same as you on my first pootle and i can confirm your never made to feel that your holding anyone up and no ones laughing and pointing at you for being slow. Everyones very friendly and helpful, NBT (Julian?) even helped a group of us with pinch flats.

Pook

Watch that Jules – he lulls you into a false sense of security by helping with pinch flats, then he nicks your haribo.

sambob
    Free Member

At least I don’t pretend to be nice and helpful, I just take them 😉

vixalot
    Free Member

shep you can join me at the back 🙂 I did pootle as fast as my little legs would go on the last one 🙂 and everyone made sure the ones at the back were looked after, lots of advice of how to do ‘the more advanced bits’ lots of smiles and some sweets. It was a fantastic day as I bet this next one will be too 😆

MartynS

not going to make this one.. I doubt very much the bikes will be sorted after the break in I had.. and yep that will be almost 2 months.

Enjoy it everyone!

Pook

Martyn? Just need a bike? I’m sure someone could lend a spare

patriotpro
    Free Member

Pook – those vids are brilliant.

I’m up for this (+3).

bash
    Free Member

As long as I don’t have to work I’ll be there. Sounds like just my kind of ride as I’m very slow and unfit but willing 😛

Pook

Pook – those vids are brilliant.

ah cheers patriot – I like to have a laugh with a camera on the pootles!
    Sometimes to my painful cost…..

[video]http://vimeo.com/29540165[/video]

benjii19
    Free Member

I’m in Pookybear

Pook

woop!

Bregante

Working 🙄

nbt

pook, yhm.

skiprat
    Free Member

Stick me on the list, plus book me a place at the back please..

Pook

Morton – can I blag a lift? I’ll bring sweeties and scintillating conversation

uphilla
    Free Member

Gutted! Booked in for Roman Challenge locally that day(Involves lots of cake… 🙂 ). One of these days! – Think the Pootles are a great idea, well done POOK!

flyingmonkeycorps

I’d like to come, but I have a habit of having to back out at the last moment, so I have yet to make a Pootle.

So I’ll say “maybe” for now. But it’s a hopeful maybe.

skiprat
    Free Member

Pook, lift is not a problem, i’ll let you know if the chat is sintillating or not!! 😉

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I should be ok for that

nice one !!!

Mart

ps will mention it to Graham

Pook

cool.

Time for another vid?

[video]http://vimeo.com/25052359[/video]

solarpowered
    Free Member

Bugger! Can’t do I’m afraid 😥
    Have had a works doo organised for ages. Team building exercise involving lots of alcohol and out for a boogie in Manchester.
    Won’t be able to move the next day for a hangover …..if all goes to plan of course! 😀

Will miss it a HUGE amount! Have a good one everyone!

Pook

morning all…..

just so you know, a route is formulating in my balding noggin.

Just awaiting debating with the lovely Debbie Mcgee on my email machine.

one certainty – cake.

timc
    Free Member

i fancy a bit of this 🙂

Birthday ride n all

Pook

Well well well everybody? How have we all been? Probably time for a route eh?

We’re going to do what’s commonly known as the Jacob’s Ladder route.

It’s a 12 or 13 miler (depending on which way we get up top) and features some beauts of descents including pootler’s favourite; the sunken road, the quite sublime Roych Clough, the fast and skittery Coldwell Clough from Mount Famine, and of course the legendary Jacob’s Ladder.

There is one BIG climb in this one, so save your haribo for that – but of course, there’ll be a bunch of folks to share the banter and plan my death with on the way up.

As always, we will be at pootle pace. If you’re fast, please hold the gates and count people through, if you’re slow; then don’t get too out of breath chatting to the people around you!

And of course – we’ll have a pint and a bite to eat after.

The last time we did this one was in February 2010 – an lo and behold, I did a video on my old camera. Here you go…

[video]http://vimeo.com/9489606[/video]

We’re not expecting snow though this time. Having said that, I wasn’t expecting snow up Snowdon in June, and Will of this parish turned blue 😯

Meet: Edale car park, 10am, October 14th for a 10.15am start.

Pook

edit to fix page skip thing

Pook

🙄

shep39
    Free Member

Sounds brilliant, I’ll definitely be there. I have asked a friend if he’d like to join us (if that’s ok?). He’s one of those fast types so have told him about the gate/counting thing – he’s used to waiting for me so he should be good at that! Don’t think he’s ever done Jacob’s Ladder – I have but not since approx 1996!!

nbt

I’ve informed Mrs NBT of the proposed route, our attendance now depends on family matters and amount of riding time acheived this week 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Sounds ace – cracking route, still waiting to sort out lifts before I can commit…

Basil

I presume fat, bald and middle aged from Lincolnshire are permitted?

Pook

Basil, you will be welcomed with open arms and hills.

crazy-legs

the fast and skittery Coldwell Clough from Mount Famine

Bit of a warning for you – the farmer has taken to keeping Highland Cows on that land, they were all over the track last time I went down it. Docile enough as I walked past but the thought of riding round a blind bend and impaling myself on one of their really rather large horns made me glad that I’d seen them a fair way in advance.

Just bear that in mind before the hardcore downhillers amongst you set off…

😉

Pook

Cows are generally faster than pootlers – but cheers cl!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday’ is closed to new replies.