Viewing 36 posts - 201 through 236 (of 236 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday
  • Pook

aye it was a cracker. I’ve looked at the video footage too and there’s some good stuff!

Phil – send me your address and I’ll get the SD card sent over

Hells

Sorry that I missed it!! Unfortunately I’m house/ room hunting at the moment & this is taking priority over everything else!!!

I’m also booked in with Jedi next Monday for some training to see if he can improve my riding! I decided I needed to work on the skills after the July Pootle. Hopefully I’ll be up the next one, assuming it doesn’t clash with my ski trip to Zermatt in January!!

will
    Free Member

Looks like a good ride guys, nice route too. I’ll have to get back up for another one of these soon! Can’t beat a good Pootle!

hora
    Free Member

I *think* this is Hora doing the same step only much more successfully! It is the one on Roych Clough, caught a few people out. Chap was ok though, could have been a lot worse!

Yes its me- I thought you were holding a Mars bar (not a camera) so you destracted me by waving it (why am I grabbing the brakes on a drop?) 😯

I had the front wash out twice yesterday but managed to save it both times 😆

Pook

hora you’re AWESOMEZ

flyingmonkeycorps

Hahaha, I now have visions of evil ramblers using Mars Bars to tempt innocent mountain bikers to their rocky doom on techy step sections!

cb

Have the two ‘steps’ (which always seemed massive to me) been paved over at the top of Jacob’s?

timc
    Free Member

Now Then, good ride & great people to meet, had fun!

Good talking to Skiprat & kbrpro at length & thanks to pook for organising!

hora
    Free Member

timc, skiprat didn’t offer you a new axe? I’ve got a huge new one in my boot. I really need to remove it though, incase the Police pull me for a routine check. 😆

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers all for a cracking day out. Good chatting to you Timc and kbrpro.
    Glad the rain stayed away, going up the back of Jacobs i thought we were going to get soaked but it stayed off. See you all on the next one.

hora
    Free Member

Phil56- please say thanks to the injuried rider who made the Malteser cake. Horajunior liked it

nbt

It occurs to me now that while parking up at Barber Booth might well have saved us £5, it does mean we missed out on cake

*FACEPALM*

Bunnyhop

dawson – you photo of the cloud inversion is lovely.

Hora – good skills there. I bottled it on that drop.

Skiprat – where do I collect my axe?

The-remedy
    Free Member

Big thanks to pook and nbt for a fantastic day and everyone else.Thats got to be the hardest 12 miles ive done for some time but well worth it.
    Can’t wait for the next one.

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/CarlEvans/87q9736j3kfa4rrc

sacktwist
    Free Member

Really great day out yesterday – first PP for me (brown stumpy) and buddy (red/black stumpy).

Top notch atmosphere, friendly dudes.

Many thanks to everyone that arranged it and kept the bunch in check

I’ll try to link some of my own photos soon.

redwoods
    Free Member

Looks like a cracking good ride! Sorry we missed it (were doing a bit of a epic push all the way up Walna Scar in t’Lake District at the time) but we’ll definitely try and make the next one 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

Only took one picture…

Getting ready for the group photo… by rachel_norfolk, on Flickr

Rachel

Pook

Speaking of which….where is the group photo?

;o)

sacktwist
    Free Member
    rogerthecat
    Free Member

There was a group photo? 😯

revoltos
    Free Member

First post and I just wanted to say it was great to meet a bunch of you on Sunday. Came along with sacktwist to try my new stumpy out. Was a really enjoyable day. Thanks to those who put the effort in to sort it.

nbt

Before you arrived.

I need to get to grip with editing and things, I’ll have a go now – unless any photoshop wizards care to volunteer?

Pook

jules – email it to my work and I’ll play tomorrow.

(check your email)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Flyingmonkeycorps – Member
    This is my favourite I think, and he wasn’t even one of ours!

Those two pictures of that drop are brilliant. Normally I find biking doesn’t really lend itself to photos, but they are ace.

nbt

Pass 1 at the group photo. Pook, will send you a couple of files to play with to see how much better you can do it!

Pootlers! by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Pook

I don’t think I can do better jules! Video coming up though….

h4muf
    Free Member

Love it!

Pook

[video]http://vimeo.com/51469768[/video]

Here you go folks – shorter than usual but there’s some nice stuff in there!

nbt

*hums*
    Pook on film…
    pook on film

Pook

makes a change!

hora
    Free Member

Calderdale lot would have made it look slicker (and sicker) 😉

Only took one picture…

Love that pic. It looks like we’ve just been over the top or back from a raiding party and been pretty beaten up and we are in various stages of shock and contemplation post-battle 😆

kbrpro
    Free Member

I’m liking this pic of kbrpro

Peaks Pootle Oct 2012 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Check the compression on the forks, and the way the rim’s almost touching the rock as the tyre is so squashed…

Cheers NBT, I like to try. Three things I’ve learnt from this pic is:

1: Pump up my tyre a bit more
    2: My fork does work
    3: I’m a fatty that needs to loose weight 🙂

Great pics by everyone! And I’m liking the video…I’ve got about 3 seconds of fame 😀 Dont worry I won’t let it go to my head….Sorry got to go, got Gee Atherton on the line waiting

niceandy
    Free Member

Cheers for organising this one. Had a great ride and chat with everyone on the way round. Cracking weather too which was a bonus.

Extra thanks for those taking the great photo’s on the way round, a few dynamic shots always go down a treat! Also properly chuffed that Dawson managed to get some great pics of the mist hanging over the Hope Valley. I stopped in the car at the top of Mam Tor to have a look, but didn’t have my camera, so was a bit gutted.

Andy on the Orange (or should it be white) Alpine

The-remedy
    Free Member

@Flyingmonkeycorps can you email me a copy of 0094 so i can
    print it out for my mate cheers.
    carl.evans2@sky.com

nbt

I’ve updated the group photo, one of the crayon boys at work was kind enough to do a better job of the cut ‘n’ paste

Pootlers! by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

This one’s been uploaded at full res, you can download it here
    Pootlers!

slowrider
    Free Member

Looks like a good one!

Viewing 36 posts - 201 through 236 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday’ is closed to new replies.