Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 236 total)
  • PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday
  • rogerthecat
    Free Member

@ Hora who needs “Strava!” on downhills when there’s “LANCE!” for the climbs. 😉

h4muf
    Free Member

Mint ride out! Cheers to Pook and NBT for making it happen!

Technical guff here:

http://app.strava.com/rides/25018493

Pook

Cracking pootle eh? The loooong push up is worth it. Just about!
    Cheers all – you lot make these rides for me. Special cheers to Jules for co-pilot and counting duties, and to all the rest who held gates and counted.

And for every single one of you who gave an encouraging word to someone else – cheers. That’s what it’s all about.

We put £27 in the Edale Mountain Rescue pot too today, so on behalf of them, thanks!

Video coming up at some point. 😉

flyingmonkeycorps

Huge thanks to Mr Pook, my first ever pootle and it was great fun! Will get some photos online in a bit when I’ve had my tea, we had to leave pre-pub ‘cos I had to film a video for a job application… Long story.

hora
    Free Member

Lee I rue not buying your ST, when you come to sell the 3′..or phil57 😀

h4muf
    Free Member

Lol @ Hora!

shep39
    Free Member

Russ and I loved it, thanks to everyone who helped look for my missing cleat (that wasn’t!) and for fixing it for me. Also cheers for all the encouragement going up (and down!) those hills. What a lovely bunch of peeps you are 🙂

We’ll be back and I’ll try and be a bit less pathetic next time!

trailaddict
    Free Member

Thanks pook for organising this pootle, my first one! Jacobs ladder was exquisite from start to finish 😀

trailaddict
    Free Member

Who was it that took the pictures on all the drop offs? I would like a few for the collection 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

I took a few, just uploading them now. I shall supply a link forthwith!

kbrpro
    Free Member

Had a great day out on our first ever pootle. Think Cat enjoyed herself too as she’s fast asleep on the sofa now (Thanks for that guys – bit of piece and quiet lol)

We’ll be back for the next pootle.

Karl & Cat

phil56

Thanks Chris and Jules, and everyone else who made today such great fun. We had a great time, the company even made the uphills fun!

benjii19
    Free Member

Chears chaps and chapesses! Jacobs ladder was a highlight, I couldn’t let go of my handlebars at then end. My fingers cramped shut!

nbt

I took pics, just leafing through them now to see if anything is reasonable enough to publish

midlifecrashes

Thanks again to Pook and the gang. Roast dinner didn’t touch the sides when I got home. Apologies to those waiting at the bottom while I minced down some bits, my helmet has been safe and warm in the porch all day. One of these I’ll make it to a pootle with full working kit. 😳

flyingmonkeycorps

I won’t claim they’re any good, but most of you are in there:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCtfYrU

If anyone wants full size versions let me know and I’ll process them and email them over 🙂

thegeneralist
    Free Member

thepodge

One of the reasons I don’t do big group rides anymore is I can’t be doing with 5 hour rides that would normally take me 2.5

Sounds good, when do we go? I keep trying to find people that want to ride in a group and push each other, rather than their bikes, and do some good no faff rides.

Pick a date

thegeneralist
    Free Member

<deleted>

h4muf
    Free Member

I’d be up for that! Must be at least 50/60/70 milers, 70% off road.

Bunnyhop

Great day out with really friendly folk in decent weather.

Thanks to Chris and Jules for guiding, sweeping, bad jokes, photos, video and collecting money for a really good cause.

Looking forward to the next one already.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Dammit that all looks like too much fun – gutted to have missed this year’s Autumn Pootle… Pook, if you can give me enough notice I shall reschedule my work oop north ( and by extension the whole of Manchester uni s freshers week) to make it next year!

Big shout out to Pook, Nbt, Bunnyhop and Flyingmonkeycorps as well as anyone else I have met and not id’d yet.

Invite to Devon still stands!

allthegear
    Free Member

Had another really fab time everyone – thank you to all!!

Rachel

thegeneralist
    Free Member

h4muf – Member
    I’d be up for that! Must be at least 50/60/70 milers, 70% off road.

Probably too far for me to be honest. How far is the Jacob’s ladder route? 13 miles via Chapel Gate.
    I aint doing that 5 times in a day.

But it would be good to do something reasonable at a decent rate.

dawson

Thanks to Pook for organizing and Jules for counting. I’ll put some photos up later (including photographic evidence of Bunnyhop’s sprint for the last brownie)

benjii19
    Free Member

Gutted I lost my flapjack on a descent!!!! I was looking forward to it.

nbt

Small pics uploaded here (our interweb connections is not really that fast)

Peaks Pootle Oct 2012 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

If anyone wants full size pics, drop me a mail

EDIT: Oh I forgot, any captions for this or any other pics most welcome 🙂

nbt

I’m liking this pic of kbrpro

Peaks Pootle Oct 2012 by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

Check the compression on the forks, and the way the rim’s almost touching the rock as the tyre is so squashed…

BadlyWiredDog

Sounds good, when do we go? I keep trying to find people that want to ride in a group and push each other, rather than their bikes, and do some good no faff rides.

Will you feed off each other?

dawson

My photos from today are here http://imgur.com/a/DGSB1

I took this one pre-pootle from Hollins Cross, looking across to the cement works – quite pleased with how it came out

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dawson, pleased you should be, nice.

thepodge
    Free Member

Thegenralist, I think you’ve missed my point

I like to ride at my own pace, not other’s

scaled
    Free Member

Cracking ride, didnt realise how blood skinny I am till now though!

h4muf
    Free Member

ace pic Dawson!

toftm

Cracking day out gents, cant beat a little peak grit! Look forward to the next one when I’ll hopefully be without chest infection!

Mark – the white Titus el guapo

Cheers

scottrod
    Free Member

Awesome day out, really enjoyed it – don’t know why I left it so long to get back on a mountain bike!

Cheers,

Sam

flyingmonkeycorps

This is my favourite I think, and he wasn’t even one of ours!

IMG_0357 by Will Slater, on Flickr

MarkSS
    Free Member

+1 on the picture – can’t of ended very nicely 🙂

I assume that’s the “step” on Roych Clough?

hora
    Free Member

EEK- I took the lesser step down to the left of that big un!

flyingmonkeycorps

I *think* this is Hora doing the same step only much more successfully! It is the one on Roych Clough, caught a few people out. Chap was ok though, could have been a lot worse!

IMG_0356 by Will Slater, on Flickr

marsdenman
    Free Member

Oh look, i missed a great one.
    Again…. 😥
    Looks like a truly top day out, folks, and some top photo’s, too!

Next time 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 236 total)

The topic ‘PEAKS POOTLE: 14TH OCTOBER – Praise the lord it's on a sunday’ is closed to new replies.