Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 2,093 total)
  • Out of the darkness and into soccerball season 2021/22
  • binners

I’m getting to the bizarre point where I get a weird sense of relief when someone puts one past us in the first 15 minutes 🤣

MSP

Well that has levelled up the top of the table, could be a good weekend for Liverpool and/or Brighton.

Mendy was Chelsea’s best player keeping it to just 1-0, city looked really good but still perhaps lacked a natural finisher.

I see Ole got his penalty.

grum
    Free Member

Chelsea looked very flat. As you say City looked great apart from lack of clinical finishing. Maybe someone should suggest to Pep he needs a striker!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

United aren’t very good are they? Lucky to be only a goal down.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Good hit that!

binners

****ing hell! 😳

beagle
    Free Member

Never in doubt 🤪

grum
    Free Member

This is a fun watch – RM losing at home to Sheriff Tiraspol!

RM got a fairly dodgy pen to equalise and had about a million shots saved – then Sheriff Tiraspol scored an absolute screamer in the 89th minute to win the game.

binners

Looks like our black and white striped friends are finally getting shut of the fat lad

And the Premier League welcomes yet another set of dodgy owners on board with open arms

It does make you wonder what you’d actually have to do to fail the ‘fit and proper persons’ test, seeing as mass murder seems to be just fine.

Mind you… seeing as the UK has supplied most of the arms needed for the mass murder, it’s actually quite fitting, i suppose

Hey ho. Another day in the alternative universe of football

grum
    Free Member

They’ve done some kind of deal where it’s ‘definitely not the Saudi state that owns the club, honest’ to get around the fit and proper person tests.

We will soon have a middle eastern petrostate derby in the PL. What a time to be alive. Should we feel nostalgic for the days when foreign owners were just russian oligarchs and Indian fried chicken shop owners?

binners

Are we putting money on how long it is before Jose is at St James’s Park? 😂

dc1988

Now assuming the sale goes through, how would we rate Mike Ashley’s time as owner? Regardless of what you think about him as a human being, he’s kept Newcastle in either the Premier League or Championship and they haven’t gone bust. They could have done better but I think they also could have done a lot worse (as seen at various other former PL clubs).

warton
    Free Member

He has presided over 2 of our 6 relegations from the top flight.

He has alienated legends of the club

The stadium is falling to bits, the training facilities are a joke.

We existed For 14 years with no hope of excitement or fun.

Other than that, great.

As a lifelong Newcastle fan, it feels quite strange to say, we are now the richest football club in the world. The sky’s the limit.

Definitely going to raise a glass tonight and say good riddance to the fat controller.

grum
    Free Member

Howway-ll Qaeda
    Way aye-SIS

martinhutch

Way aye-bism

RichBowman

Lol – those made me chuckle.

Toon fan here. I’ll be honest, this doesn’t sit easy with me. Asset-stripping the high street isn’t really in the same league as being responsible for a humanitarian catastrophe.

I suspect that I’ll just care (about the team) just that little bit less now.

Rich

avdave2

Fantastic news, I for one can’t wait for the half time beheadings, amputations and stoning’s.

martinhutch

I suspect that I’ll just care (about the team) just that little bit less now.

Yeah, that’s what happened with me and City.

binners

There should be some blinding chants coming from the away end

So…. Steve Bruce? Back to Old Trafford? Maybe Spurs or Arsenal?

binners

In the wonderful world of Twitter, you’ve got Phil Jones trending 😂

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

58 years into a life sentence with NUFC… i nearly cried when this went through.

Then you think frying pan into the fire.

ElShalimo

ElShalimo

Is Amanda Staveley Darren Peacock’s twin sister?

inkster
    Free Member

Better perform well lads, or else – “You’re getting chopped up in the morning, chopped up in the mor-ning……”

Philby

Pity the fate of the poor sports reporters who criticise Newcastle’s performances from now on.

All the Premier League need now is Iran to buy a team and we can have the Sunni Shia derbies.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Now assuming the sale goes through,

Which will require them to un-ban beIN and shut down the state run illegal beIN content streaming service which is not state run, no sir. Don’t know anything about it but you can be sure we will make sure it stops operating as soon as the contract is signed.
    I thought fit and proper person test looked a bit soft when Chelsea and City were bought but it’s proper crocked now.

grum
    Free Member

The Premier League approved the takeover after receiving “legally binding assurances” that the Saudi state would not control the club.

That is despite the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman, being listed as the chair of the Public Investment Fund (PIF), which will provide 80% of funds for the deal.

Seems legit.

MoreCashThanDash

The issue is that if you draw a line and stop the Saudis, do you then go back and force other dodgy owners to sell up and leave?

Not sure how you close the stable door with the horse on it’s second lap of the M25

binners

That ship sailed with Thaksin Shinawatra.

So all that seems to have changed from the Saudi’s not being approved last year to being approved now is that they’ve agreed to stop illegally streaming Premier League games?

At least we can all stop pretending that these decisions are about anything other than money.

I wonder which Saudi state-owned business they’ll be lining up as a front to ‘sponsor’ the team for one hundred and twelvty squilluon dollars to get around the financial fair play rules?

zippykona

No doubt the new manager will be sacked if Newcastle aren’t top by the end of next week.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😂

Wonder who their Robinho signing will be?

grum
    Free Member

I know they are partly just happy at getting rid of Ashley but it’s hard to stomach people celebrating the arrival of club owners who ordered a journalist to be killed and dismembered for saying stuff they didn’t like, and who still crucify people.

Mind you they are one of our allies who we sell billions of weapons to so if that’s ok…

martinhutch

New mascot unveiled:

binners

Wonder who their Robinho signing will be?

Andy Carrol?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

So all that seems to have changed from the Saudi’s not being approved last year to being approved now is that they’ve agreed to stop illegally streaming Premier League games?

I think the bigger issue was the beIN ban, with them being a major contributor to the Premier Leagues coffers.

That and cast iron assurances that Bin Salman the Saudi ruler will in no way influence Bin Salman, the head of the state owned (yeah, I know it isn’t really, except the clue is in the name Sovereign) investment fund.

I know the horse has bolted an all that but this particular fig leaf is especially transparent. Particularly since they were turned down once on that basis

I wish Newcastle well. The fans deserve it. I’ve enjoyed watching them when they fielded the first team. The new owners may not be all that helpful though. Since Moshiri brought all his money to Everton they’ve spent north of 500 million in the transfer market to no apparently effect.

grum
    Free Member

I know the horse has bolted an all that but this particular fig leaf is especially transparent.

Yup it’s an absolute nonsense. ‘The state definitely isn’t in charge it’s just a fund run by the absolute ruler of the state using public money’.

Completely shameless.

binners

Since Moshiri brought all his money to Everton they’ve spent north of 500 million in the transfer market to no apparently effect

Funny that. We were just talking about it in the pub and the unanimous consensus was ‘Newcastle…the next Everton’

There’s plenty of agents who’ll have ordered those Ferrari’s already on the back of the ‘next big thing’ Brazilian they’re about to have landing at Newcastle airport

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Julio Geordio! 😂 Bloody love Paul Whitehouse.

Everton have no plan do they, compared to Man City. Although Utd are the best at spunking cash up the wall for limited success, they’re the highest spenders over the last five years I think.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 2,093 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.