Home Forums Chat Forum OT: New Computer Spec help….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • OT: New Computer Spec help….
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Right.

Laptops gone the way of terminal blue screen of death, and has tbh appeared to have been powered by gerbils for a while.

Im thinking of building / buying a desktop to replace it.

I do a fair amount of photo editing, more dealing with large volumes of photos than high usage Photoshopping etc.

I wouldn’t mind being able to play some of these new fangled 1st person shootems like COD etc.

Im mostly baffeled as thew last time i built a PC was about 2000, when my 1GHz athalon with 512mb ram, a 40gig HD and a Geforce 2 was as good as it got.

Now we have SLI/Crossfire instead of AGP and 47core processors im more than a little baffled.

Any one point my in the direction of a reasonable spec (between the 500-750mark) and what i should be looking at? I keep looking at the today only deals on scan (these always used to be good?) but i don’t really want to over / under power the machine or build something that don’t do what i want.

Failing that and idiots guide to the world of modern computing would help…

Wozza
    Free Member

2 processors, both dual core. About 4gb of memory, 1000gb drive and a dx 10 geforce or quadro card.

MrGreedy

Last time this kind of question came up someone posted a link to a very useful page at Bit-tech – they do a monthly roundup of what components are good at different price points. When I get round to building my new system it looks like it’ll come in very handy.

Whatsit
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the sod officer!

That page there cost me over £600. :oops:

Tis a very good guide to the best bang for the buck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘OT: New Computer Spec help….’ is closed to new replies.