Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?
  • Woody
    Free Member

I quite like On-One/PX but it disturbs me that they ‘find’ so much stuff on a stock take…………….regularly 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My GF got a 456 as she wanted a cheap hard tail, she loves it the Chocolate brown is even better in the flesh than on the web!! (Sparkles!!)

I tried it and sent my Kinesis Pha5e to the Garage and got a blue one, built robust for the lakes it’s awesome, best £160 I have spent in a while.

Now proudly rolling round tassie on the steel, may even convert the locals to the idea of a thumping 6″ steel beast

Cheers Brant, awesome bikes fantastic price (may be after a c456 soon too)

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve had stuff go up in price once because of some stock shortages after I’d ordered but they honoured the original price and changed the shipping to get things to me on time. I’m happy with the service.

bullheart
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s okay to come on here and offer explanations as to why things aren’t as they should be, but end it with the caveat ‘its not my department’. I think that Brant should stick to what he does best (designing, answering technical questions) and leave the hard answers to someone higher up who can do so.

Despite my contiued unease at the covert and often ignored free marketing On-One seem to get whenever Brant posts on here (on unrelated threads too!), I also agree that folk shouldn’t be surprised or complain when a popular model in a popular colour sells out quickly. There can be no doubt that on-One bikes/bits are a bargain during these sales (even if you’re not a fan), so quick sales and low stock should always be considered when purchasing.

johnnystorm

There were definately two 29er Scandals available at £129. I was hovering over the buy now button but managed to stop myself. My only On-one complaint is that the website is a bit clunky on iOS and that items appear to be randomly listed, I.e one link for one model and then another has links for individual sizes etc.

brant
    Free Member

items appear to be randomly listed, I.e one link for one model and then another has links for individual sizes etc.

Tech issue which should be being resolved today. Apparently “It’s to do with a change in the XML our back end now sends out after an update, and some complicated tree parsing”.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

1998 kona hot frame 4.5 lb
    2012 one one British gas special… 5.87 lb

1993 Kona Explosif – 4lb 1oz 😛 😉

To be fair, On One have always been good to me (I’ve had 3, still got 2 of them) and although they make mistakes sometimes they’ve always sorted them out. (see my C456 thread for details!)
    They’re cheap, they carry low stock, so sometimes you have to be quick. That’s the way of the world I suppose.

Rik
    Free Member

Brant – are you ever going to make the titanium kaffenbak that was published on the website over a year ago?

brant
    Free Member

I must have a go at a 420mm forked hardtail again. See what we can get it to.
    That’s the way I can see the inbred going back to. Rigid only.

dirtymonkey29
    Free Member

supply and demand…..lots of black 18″ limited edition but only red or yellow in 16″.

Why would a professional paint job invalidate the warranty? Why cant on one repaint a couple of there frames to meet demand?

brant
    Free Member

Ti production is about getting the right manufacturing partner. We have two on the go right now in sampling.
    The “belt and braces” sample is still sat there in large size sample 54cm if you want to make me an offer!

johnnystorm

@dirtymonkey I imagine that the warranty issue is prudent arse covering, there are so many variables in getting someone else to paint one (will they use the right paint, will they sand it down badly, will they cook it in an oven
    will they butcher it with B&Q rattlecans…..)

I don’t know what a “safe” respray would cost but it might be disproportionate to the frames cost, i.e. £50 extra on a £300 frame.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I don’t understand why people are so keen to take a crap on on one – the firm offers quality products at a good price. If you don’t like it spend your money elsewhere. Is it a case of sour grapes because Brant is successful?

dirtymonkey29
    Free Member

id say if a pro paintshop effed it up its there responsibility to resolve it/replace it.
    Or on one supply a repainted frame that theyve resprayed…..cash burning a big hole in my pocket.

brant
    Free Member

£50 extra on a £300 frame.

For a UK paintjob? A bit more than that too!

Aye. Ass covering. 456C’s generally don’t break. I’ve seen one ever done properly. And a couple of seat tube slots which are dubious. But can be fixed easily!

brant
    Free Member

Black frame with Grey decals, in 16in here – http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOC456P/on_one_carbon_456_frame

Thats all I can see for now.

dirtymonkey29
    Free Member

been to the showroom a couple of times and one of the frames on the wall cant remember whether it was red or yellow had a bad paintjob. Staff there were pretty unhelpful too, i felt like i was interupting there day off.

dirtymonkey29
    Free Member

if you remove the decals for me ill take it. as above…i want an undecaled 16″

link supplied brings nothing up

dantsw13

Brant, don’t suppose you can chase up my order for a carbon 456 order no SO 0165651.

I spoke to somebody yesterday who said it was on Manual hold, even though it was now in stock, and he would dispatch it yesterday. That doesn’t seem to have happened.

Ta.

Tom83

Don’t want much, eh Dirtmonkey? 😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

gift horse, mouth.

all this on-one bashing makes no sense to me whatsoever, just shows how **** obtuse your average mountain bike purchaser is.

makes me very pleased to have left working in bike retail.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve never found it so hard to give a company my hard earned cash.

Go somewhere else!
    There’s plenty of people making bike frames and there’s nothing special about on one.

thecarbonmonkey
    Free Member

Everyone seems focused on the frames and price changes which are damned annoying but brant always seems to explain away genuinely enough.

I take exception to the shoddy kit that they sell as ‘specials’ (that crap Italian clothing brand recently), the total lack of aftermarket spares for sliding dropout frames (making me feel like ‘thanks for your cash – now buy another new frame’) and the regular cock ups I’ve had when ordering probably due to the website.

Feels like they need a bit more quality focus and a shed load less quantity focus

(going the same way Howies went?)

Tom83

It’s retail in general tbh,Nicko, I get it in my store too!

tracknicko
    Free Member

just makes you want to bash your face off a wall.

people want to buy the moon on a stick for three quid, then if the stick has a tiny patch of flaky paint there’s hell to pay!

and the worst bit is, these are the so called bikers that actually have the money to spend!

naaarrrgghhhh

convert

I’d give up DirtyMonkey, take that great big bundle of cash and go pester giant/Specialized/Trek et al and see if they would get a frame custom sprayed for you to get their hands on a couple of hundred notes. I’d be interested to know if they would warranty a frame you have had resprayed too.

I tend to ride my bikes rather than look at them, so colour plays very little part in my purchasing choices!

wrecker
    Free Member

people want to buy the moon on a stick for three quid, then if the stick has a tiny patch of flaky paint there’s hell to pay!

Exactly

“When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.”

tracknicko
    Free Member

not sure that bottom quote stacks up!

brant
    Free Member

Brant, don’t suppose you can chase up my order for a carbon 456 order no SO 0165651.
    I spoke to somebody yesterday who said it was on Manual hold, even though it was now in stock, and he would dispatch it yesterday. That doesn’t seem to have happened.
    Ta.

I will see what I can do.

uwe-r
    Free Member

My constructive feedback for Brant et al would be to try and keep your pricing offers and stock levels a little more consistent and your powder dry on the pricing of new models.

One thing that we British can’t stand is the thought of paying too much for something or worse slightly more than our mates. I am very tempted with a certain On One bike build at the moment but I can’t bring myself to buy it because I know they were previously sold with a better offer and I know people who got said offer. It would irk me to much!

I remember going to join a gym once with a mate after he had just joined and he had got a good deal (half price membership or something worth about £50). I turn up the week after and the offer had gone, I am still slightly pissed off today (c8 years later).

tracknicko
    Free Member

– good morning sir, would you like to buy xxx for 60% of the price of any other shop?

– would i ****! a friend of mine bought one for 55% of the price of any other shop just the other day. the very nerve!

you guys really do like to cut your noses off eh?

what a shame.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Its kind of gone full circle now and missing the original thread’s issues.

Look, stuff goes wrong/lost and arrives late from every on-line company, its par for the course and if/when this happened to me O-O and PX have been great, infact i can’t fault the service i’ve evr had from them thats why i’m so unhappy about the pricing issue, it just doesn’t add up! It really feels to me that they were trying to make a quick buck and take advantage of the demand present for the new kit (talking N2a here), what can i say its left a bad taste in my mouth, i’m dissapointed, i guess i’ll get over it 😆

Its apparent i’m not the only one as the facebook page was full of unhappy potential customers, The N2a launch was a farce, thats a fact and i’m sure the PX team know this and i’d hope it wont happen again.

I’ll continue to give o-o and px my business

Cheezpleez

I have 3 On-Ones and I’m happy to live with the company’s foibles if they keep knocking out great bikes at prices no one else gets close to. I’ve been frustrated by pricing, no stock etc in the past but that’s been balanced by getting some great deals. I like the fact that they’re idiosyncratic and not just another anonymous corporate monolith designing the bikes they think we should have and spending half the value of the purchase price on marketing to convince us they’re right.

Tiger6791

On-one are a bit like that really bad girlfriend, on some days brilliant and on others I hate them! (in a perverse keep going back way)

My love affair started in 2008

Pair of Yellow deep V wheels on XT hubs with 6 bolt adapter and Kendal Navegals all in for £99 – I was wooed !

Since I’ve had

Carbon FSA chain set
    Saddles
    Merino
    Scandal frame
    Kaffenback frame
    Cheap lights
    Cheap locks
    Quite a few Rocket Rons
    Rock shox, etc
    The list goes on.

My Scandal is my go to bike

But yeah I know what you mean about prices, it’s annoying but it is what it is and they do claim to be doing it wrong

vondally
    Free Member

My nephew bought the £129 scandal 29er……good emails and tracking details, arrived on time and it looks really really good, nice shiny green and very presentable.

No complaints….

BruceWee

I tried to buy a 456 a couple of years ago. I thought everything had gone through OK so I sat and waited patiently for my new frame. A week later it still hadn’t arrived. So I phoned up and it turned out there was a problem with my credit card payment even though it had been confirmed at the time.

Me: Do you not think you could have emailed or called to let me know?

Person on other end of phone: Erm, I’m not sure. Do you want to try again?

Me: No thanks.

So I emailed Mike at Dialled Bikes and bought an Alpine instead.

GHill

I had a terrible (IMHO) customer service issue with On One, vowed never to buy from them again.

Then they had the Thinny pedals for £40 and my convictions went out the window.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

haha, at least I’m not the only one who looks at the on-one site and thinks “well it’ll be cheeper next week so I’ll order it then”.

Tiger6791

Just while we’re on ( assume people at On-one keep looking at this )

I would like 🙂

A titanium 29er that rides like my 26 Scandal that I can run 100 forks or rigid.

Not tapered, just a normal headset

Cables routed on top tube

Normal BB

I am waiting for this to be made and I think On-one are my only hope.

(if you have any 18″ 29er inbreds lying round that would do, not actually sold on titanium )

Speshpaul

On-one is like on line gambling.
    you hand over your credit card details and sometimes you get something and sometimes you don’t.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?’ is closed to new replies.