Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?
  • Euro
    Free Member

I’ve had one experience of dealing with on-one (via the C2W scheme). Great communication, good price for a decently spec’d bike and a really nice bike to ride.

My only beef was that i’d payed the extra (£35?) for the bike to be assembled before delivery. The BB was in the frame as were the headset cups and the tyres were on the wheels (the wrong way round). The rest I had to do myself.

brant
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member
    Brant, don’t suppose you can chase up my order for a carbon 456 order no SO 0165651.
    I spoke to somebody yesterday who said it was on Manual hold, even though it was now in stock, and he would dispatch it yesterday. That doesn’t seem to have happened.
    Ta.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

News is That is Should ship today. Sorry for Delay. There is more I could tell you about bonded warehouses but it wouldn’t help.

dantsw13

Thanks for looking into this Brant :-)). Hiccups always happen, it’s how they are dealt with that count!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

On One fan here

I’ve got a
    456ss
    Inbred
    Uncle John
    Pompino

Had a
    Kaffenback

Bought numerous bits, always done a good job.

unovolo
    Free Member

Never bought a frame or bike from them ,but have bought various other bits and pieces from them over the years.

Paid the price shown,and received in good time ,so no complaints.
    Have been tempted on several occasions to get one of there frames but decided I already have enough bikes without building another up.

Maybe one day.

alialiali
    Free Member

I tried to buy a 456 Evo frame a couple of weeks ago. Order went through properly on Paypal, didn’t go through properly on the Oo system. Phoned to tell them, I was told that he’d had allocate the stock and it would be dispatched the same or next day. Got an email the next evening telling me they’d sold out. Bloke on the phone didn’t seem to care that they’d messed it up twice. Promptly cancelled.

Month or so ago I ordered a half price Giro Xar. It came the next day.

daveh
    Free Member

OnOne/PX – good guys, utter kaos. They need one of those shouty know-all women off the tv to sort their business out, you know, the Ruth Badger type.

swampi
    Free Member

I have had plenty of stuff from them without fault, now the pricing does seem to change,weekly if not daily, so I kind of think of them like the stock market, up and down, and buy when you think the price is right for you…now why cant they have any cheap deals on their cross frames 🙁

stevede
    Free Member

Just to add another positive, i had a look at On One’s site for a 456 as i heard that some where reduced about a week ago, nothing going cheap in my size, cheap anyway but not cheap enough for my budget as its a hack bike build, went back on a couple of days later and they had 2 blue 456 frames in my size for £99.99, promptly bought one but waited until i had it before posting on here.
    – 1 email confirming the order
    – 1 email to say it had been dispatched less than 24hrs later
    – 1 email to remind me that i either needed to have someone at my address yesterday or gave me the option to rearrange for another day.
    – 1 email to say it would be with me between 1500 and 1600.

Frame well packed, immaculate and an absolute bargain.

bs3eggs
    Free Member

Brant I know this isn’t your department any more but….. will I wrip off the head tube on my 2011 ragley piglet titanium with a 150mm fork with lots of sag. I am not very heavy.

Thanks

Ed

stinker
    Free Member

I bought my C456 frame for £300, it was delivered fast. I bought most of the finishing kit from them, it was cheaper for xt etc than anywhere else. I cocked up my seatpost order, they changed it quickly, without question. Excellent service. No problems here. +1 fan for on-one. 🙂

Moses

My only beef is that their sale prices end, but I know that it’s unreasonable for them to keep them low all the time.

I have been havering over the purchase of a pair of 29er Reba forks for a while, but when the price bounced up this week by £100, from £300 to £400, that put me right off.

No matter, I’ll ride rigid.

flashes
    Free Member

You pays yer money, etc. My On One non disc DN6 Inbred is still my favorite bike. I bought a spare frame just in case anything ever happened to the other one….
    Bought stuff, always arrived as described, unlike Wiggle……..don’t get me started……….

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Im hoping my order hasnt fallen foul.. Ordered 2 frames that were instock and a wheelset a week ago..
    Both frames are now out of stock, Im really hoping they dont just refund me, we shall be very very unamused..

druidh
    Free Member

They really shouldn’t be taking any money off you until they process your order and are sending the stuff out.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Paid via paypal so had to be

Moses

I should add that I did buy some other stuff this week, tyres & tubes, & everything arrived as ordered, very quickly. I likes ’em, I does.

avdave2

Ordered a C456 for £250 this morning so hoping everything is ok. I ordered some of those Tinny pedals recently and they arrived next day so I’m hoping everything is good.

brant
    Free Member

wysiwyg – email me sales order number and I’ll get it looked into.

brant
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    They really shouldn’t be taking any money off you until they process your order and are sending the stuff out.

it’d be lovely to have a system that did that (with pre-auth and auth), but I don’t know of many online stores that manage.

nuke

have been havering over the purchase of a pair of 29er Reba forks for a while, but when the price bounced up this week by £100, from £300 to £400, that put me right off.

Yeah me to.

I was hoping they’d do a Dirty Harry frame and fork bundle but it’s one of the few frames they don’t have bundled on the O-O site 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

brant – Member

it’d be lovely to have a system that did that (with pre-auth and auth), but I don’t know of many online stores that manage.
    Amazon? ( I know, I know…… 🙂 )

wysiwyg
    Free Member

YGM in 2, cheers.

tpbiker
    Free Member

despite my issues with the pricing on the website, I ordered a 456 for 99 quid on wednesday night and it arrived Friday morning. I’m perhaps thinking I should have got a smaller size, as the top tube is massive, but that my fault for not reading the sizing. Overall brilliant delivery time (they even sent a mail to tell me the time to be in ) and from initial impressions a quality ‘budget’ product. Can’t complain about a 99 quid frame that arrives 1 day after ordering..

Will use again..

ojom
    Free Member

Brant- its not complicated. We use Iridium. Check that out for compatibility with your site. Does pre-auth/auth just fine.

skywalker
    Free Member

Wasn’t an On One fan till last week as I had never seen one in the flesh. Bought my GF a 14″ 456 in salt and vinegar blue, full price, looked bloody lovely so bought a strong blue 18″ in the sale for £99! Fooking bargain, can’t wait to ride em.

daveplanetx
    Free Member

Interesting reading .

Controlling our production and supply chain , sales , and pricing is indeed a tricky fine line balancing act , our inventory is ever increasing, our staffing levels are increasing , yet unfortunately 25 years ago when I started this business it didn’t come with a manual , and 25 years later we are still here and much bigger and I still haven’t managed to find the magic formula that gives 100% availability with perfect stock levels , an ability to spot trends , and old stock / slow moving / overstocked inventory that sells naturally .

Whilst in an ideal world we would have

– very constant supply ,
    – very consistent pricing ,
    -a web system and staff that performed flawlessly ,
    -an unlimited bank borrowing facility to allow us to have no cash pressures,
    -a stock control and inventory system that could predict good sellers and bad sellers (how many fat bikes shall we order?) especially on new lines / models
    – more than the 40,000 sq foot of warehousing so we can store unlimited inventory financed by our unlimited funds and sold to our never changing customers that want the same products every year
    – couriers that always delivered on time ,
    – customers that want the same product in the same colour year on year with no change
    – no anti dumpng regulations limiting imports from china

Unfortunately we don’t have most of the above , last week following a discussion with brant the previous week about him discontinuing most of the inbred / 456 models , and following severe pressure from our taiwan agent they had 8 containers of stock to ship , we decided to clear the decks on some stock that is both slow moving , to be discontinued , and that we have more on order .

I really really wished our business model could be replicated on overshoes – we sell 5000 pairs a year every year for the last 20 years and haven’t changed the design once .

So – sorry for the tweaks and changes – there are many influences and pressures that have to cause us to react , most notably my northern pig farming business attitude that we have paid for our stock , we don’t borrow from banks , we pay our suppliers up front and every single day of the week we have to guess which way the market is going and predicting stock requirements – its very hard . Couple that with a designer like Brant who runs an ongoing tweaking / changing rolling programme with models changing – yes its very fair to say maintaining stock levels and controlling production is a big challenge .

Anyway – sorry for all the stuff we do that annoys you and when we let you guys down . We really do try to do our best , and try to get staff to do their best .

Its sunday morning , i should be out on the bike or playing with my kids , but I am on singletrack reading a forum about how we suck , so at least that says a little bit .

Of course we are looking for good staff , if anyone has a copy of the “book” or can contribute to improving our company , systems , and processes – then we have opportunities coming up in sales , purchasing , web , HR , showroom etc and the door is open , so if you are looking for work we have roles coming up , drop us a cv .

Woody
    Free Member

It’s obvious where you have gone wrong Dave but the answer is simple…….

……employ any of the critics on this thread as they evidently have a much better idea than you as to how to build and run a successful company. They’ve all done it before, haven’t they?

I may be available for a surprisingly low salary. Email in profile 8)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

Dave, cheers for that….all the moans and groans seem small when you read something like that. You guys are great and keep it up, as always we see ourselves as most important but a great post that really puts perspective into things.

I’ll look forward to scorching my credit card again with you soon! 😆

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’m actially pretty impressed that the guy who runs the company takes time out on a sunday morning to respond! As mentioned earlier, it might not be a perfect operation but as I’m only paying 99 quid for a frame I’m more than prepared to cut them some slack…

crikey
    Free Member

I like that ‘Yeh, we don’t get it right all the time’ attitude. Good on yer fellas..

tthew

as always we see ourselves as most important

Well we are kind of important, it’s customers that keep the business going after all!!

However, that’s a good post up there by Dave, and no-one should complain too hard when a company cock’s up occasionally, it’s how those mistakes are rectified that is the key.

druidh
    Free Member

tthew – Member
    it’s how those mistakes are rectified that is the key.

Quite.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Dave, well done for comming on here and putting a word out, it takes a lot to do that…..running a business in these times isnt something I would enjoy. You have just got yerself another customer.

Got any cheap kneepads??? 😆

druidh
    Free Member

monkeysfeet – Member
    Dave, well done for comming on here and putting a word out, it takes a lot to do that…..running a business in these times isnt something I would enjoy. You have just got yerself another customer.

If that’s how simple it is to get more customers, expect every other business owner on STW to come out with a tale of how tough it is.

CHB

No appologies for being a fan of the on-one/PX business model from me.
    Great bunch of folk making good products for sensible costs.
    I visited their old site several times, mainly to deliver fresh supplies of tea and cake and pick up the odd bike or frame. They have a really nice bunch that work there, all the professionalism of Merlin, but without the Lancastrian surlyness.
    I like to think they are happy because they drink nicer tea!

Nice post Dave.

Speshpaul

Dave/Brant
    example No1
    A while back you had a offer on Magura Thor forks. A good offer, so i pressed the button. You had 3 in stock. You took my money and told me my forks would despatched etc etc.
    A few days go by and no forks. So i drop you a email, “oh we’ve sold out”
    I know there was only 3 pairs left when you took my money. “no we sold out ages ago!”
    Advertising goods you haven’t got, and taking money for them isn’t on. There is online sales soft wear that can deal with stock control. 5 years ago that might have been an excuse but not anymore, not for a company that is basically a online retailer.
    Not bothering to tell me you couldn’t complete the contact you had entered in to isn’t very good either.
    but to seal the deal, the day after i ordered the forks i mentioned them to a mate, he had been looking at a deal you had on with a frame and the thors. “they have only got a couple of pairs left” i warned him as thats what your website said. So he pressed the button on the frame and fork deal. And guess what……they arrived. Ordered after my order when you had “sold out ages ago!”

I’ve had stuff off you since, hey i know a good deal when i see one.
    But you’ve just shot me down again. I’ve had a apology this time, but it was all avoidable, realy silly stuff.
    You could do better.

butcher

it might not be a perfect operation but as I’m only paying 99 quid for a frame I’m more than prepared to cut them some slack…

I wanted a £99 frame as well 😥

Is that the last of the old 456s now?

footflaps

Dave don’t take it so personally, it’s impossible to please everyone and impossible to never make a mistake in retail. I think OO does a pretty impressive job and am very impressed by my GF’s recent 456c – a very nice frame for not much money 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve still not had a reply from Brant or Dave 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?’ is closed to new replies.