Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?
  • brant
    Free Member

I’ve still not had a reply from Brant or Dave

I’ve had a reply from Jules, and Jules is meant to be replying to you. And your reply to: address bounced when I replied to it (ah, but that’s because my mail server is blocked by hotmail… I will reply by my Gmail account).

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cheers fella

brant
    Free Member

YHM

wwaswas

my mail server is blocked by hotmail

you spammer you 😉

brant
    Free Member

you spammer you

I’m on a shared ip address for the mail server, and someone else on there is blocked. Apparently.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have to say, I’ve had 4 PlanetX and On-One’s bikes (Curently riding 3 of them, not a once though) and they are by far the best value and most fun to ride, I also looking at a 5th(4th) to do my tour divide. If I was to look at a bike from a “big” names brand I’ed be looking at something twice the price, and probably not as good.

On-One and PlanetX are awesome, fact… And I’ve never had any issues or problems with there service, I even had a droken freehub and give them a call and one arrived in the post the day after foc.

Keep up the great work guys.

rj2dj
    Free Member

I’ve only just seen this thread, and I haven’t read it all the way through – just the first page and Dave’s reply on here. I’ve placed a few orders from planetX, but all have been exceptional value for money and quickly delivered. They are one of the only bike shops I allow to “spam” my inbox with offers as they are very cheerful with it! I’m a fan and it seems so are many others.

Keep up the good work and go ride, knowing that you get it right for the vast majority of your customers!

bainbrge

Never bought from either, but note that in common with Hope, PX/On-One management are averse to trade finance and funding? How the hell do you run a business without trade finance (on purpose!)? Why pay suppliers in advance and have loads of stock sat in warehouses instead of cash in hand?

I’m an accountant and I’m freaking out! Aaaaaaa!

Rubber_Buccaneer

How the hell do you run a business without trade finance (on purpose!)?

I don’t know but I do know that I hate paying interest and charges to banks and would resent them having the power to withdraw funding on a whim.

Rubber_Buccaneer

And re On-One/Planet-X, I like them. They have their faults and the inconsistencies drive me a little mad but(a bit like TKMax) if you are prepared to have a rummage and buy them when you see them there are some bargains. I’ve had a whippet frame, super cheap tyres,merino top, turbotrainer, all sorts. Just ordered another slx xc saddle at a good price (pimpin white this time)

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Another good thing about px/oo is that the offers open up the “price match” at some larger chain shops. Walked into my LLCBS (local larger chain bike shop) and got a half price front mech yesterday, thanks to the price and stock level listed on the OO website.

tops5
    Free Member

Another good thing about px/oo is that the offers open up the “price match” at some larger chain shops.

Sure OO are glad to be of service 🙄

M6TTF
    Free Member

love my scandal 29er – the finish on the paint is a bit rough, but it rides great and was very affordable. the only thing they can do to improve is release a 130-140mm travel susser that can be built up to around 28lbs without remortgaging -i’ll have 2 of them 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’m actually quite a fan of the changing On One pricing. It creates desire, talk, rush, discussion and uplift (I assume) in sales/orders.

MTB’ers are a fickle bunch and when there are umpteen different frame sellers out there who gets your order and on what basis if they can be quite similar/micro-nano’s in ride difference etc.

Yes sometimes you can miss out on a good price that your mates got but it keeps you looking at their site doesn’t it? The add-on sales, browsing/traffic to the site etc.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

What was it reviewed against just out of interest?

M6TTF
    Free Member

i don’t doubt it Brant – once upon a time 120mm was the perfect do-it-all bike, then all of a sudden 120mm was an XC race bike. I love the look of the EG, but I cant see myself building one up light without throwing a fair wedge of cash at it though? and TBH I dont think I need 150mm. I really liked the mis-matched set up you develped with Ragley though….

brant
    Free Member

6.6lb frame and shock weight.

Michael-B
    Free Member

As IvanDobski said “What was it reviewed against just out of interest?” looking at a 140/150 bike this summer and if a good value completed bike becomes available I would be very interested.

brant
    Free Member

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBTIELGXT/titus_el_guapo_xt_mountain_bike
    XT and Revs for 2.2k

Reviewed against a bunch. But it was wmb’s “bike of the year” review where manufacturers were invited to send in their best bikes. I’m chuffed.
    Funny they found it a bit slack with 2deg angleset. We like them like that.

Michael-B
    Free Member

Cool thanks Brant I noticed it was on the bike of the year list.

crash_gav
    Free Member

A lot been said before but I love this company and its ethos. Done from a shed a gives us all great steeds that are affordable and great to ride. I have a naked summer special that takes on everything that I have thrown at it (7 staines, golspie, lernie and laggan to name a few that you will know). I also own an inbred that has had many variations in its time (SS, tourer and cx) currently naked awaiting its next colour scheme. They may be made of gas pipe but they are strong enough for me and I am no light weight, in fact a bit of a lard arse TBH.
    My mates all have or had various incarnations of them and have only good things to say about them (although the carbon one is still under consideration at this time).
    I have tried to get cheap parts myself and been unsuccessful, thats life when you are afetr a real bargain. Will always go back and chance my hand again no matter what.
    And to finish with, was out with my mate at Craig Dunain (Inverness) who was on his Planet X Compo. Great stuff lads/lassies, keep up the good work.

Crash

slimjim78
    Free Member

Brant – you mention a Ti Kaffenback up for grabs a few days ago, any chance I can have a go at the prototype Ti road frame? 🙂 …

Oh, and please make a few more fancy pants steel frames (853 and the like) in Ltd runs.

brant
    Free Member

But Fancy Pants steel costs the same and weighs lots more than ace carbon.

Maybe eh. Maybe.

slimjim78
    Free Member

and the Ti road frame?.. fancy letting it go?

spoon
    Free Member

Well I have a nanolight from planet x and its flipping awesome.

that is all.. you can’t please all the people all the time.

smell_it
    Free Member

Use planet x for plenty of bits over the years and like them as a company, I’m a bit wary about spending expensive items from them as they sometimes seem to lack the eye for detail. Cranks coming with washer missing, weights being way out of the advertised. Most recently I picked up some model c wheels for the commuter, they were advertised as with qr’s but none arrived. Email sent and quick response with new qr’s arriving with non matching logo’s. Only a minor detail for the price, so didn’t bother to follow it up. I was also looking to dispose of a significantly larger amount of cash on some new race wheels, but the money didn’t go to planet x, if I’m spending big, I want the service to match. I’ll use px again, but only for lower end kit.

weeksy

Used them several times, no issues at all.

Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘on-one/planet x pricing is getting on my tits, am i the only one?’ is closed to new replies.