Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • on one customer service?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I ride a 456, use on one tyres, use their clothing and buy most components from them and have always found them quick and cheap.
    A while ago a bought a thick wool cardigan off them and when it turned up the zip didn’t work. Although it was a bargain with a discount on it I would expect it to work to be honest so I wrote to them quoting order number etc and received no response. Two weeks later I write again and still no response. Anyone else had issues with them or is this a rare case or just some mistake in communication?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I’ll sit on the fence until my missing post arrives. Still no confirmation of it being posted, but thats quite common by all accounts. Also dont mention headset bearings for a smoothie……

Northwind

My experience of them was just awful, 4 different excuses of which some were lies and some were contradictory, at the end of which they decided to just pretend I didn’t exist. I’ve filed them along with Dave Hinde and Activesport now.

Baldysquirt

emailed two months ago about the 3 phaart lights I own that the brackets have broken from. No reply, but didn’t expect one!

wwaswas

I think doubling in size in 12 months has left them a little stretched in some areas.

Saccades
    Free Member

As far as I’m concerned, Brilliant.

Their website is a bit ropey which lead to problems with my order, which were sorted quickly and with an apology, (it was the last item in stock and I missed it). I also ordered a stem on back order in error, said I’d wait, changed my mind (my car was involved in a crash and I need my road bike), all done and dusted without a bother. I then had a problem with the QC spec on an item in the order, On-one took it back and sorted the error and a coupla days later everything was resolved at no cost to myself. I know it’s what’s supposed to happen but there wasn’t a fight to get stuff put right, it was expected by them that that’s the way it works; A refreshing change. I’m in Ireland and the speed of delivery was excellent with DPD giving me text and e-mail heads up.

Pick up the phone and have a chat, I wish every business worked the same as them.

thomthumb
    Free Member

phaart lights I own that the brackets have broken from

glad it’s not just me.

I’m just ziptieing the lights to the bike now. not ideal. but typical on-one.

salad_dodger

Why don’t you try ringing them if you’re getting no joy? I’ve found them to be excellent whenever I’ve had any issues in the past.

tomhoward

Brant,
    Brant,
    Brant.

He’ll be along in a minute.

stu170
    Free Member

This is starting to annoy me a little. People cant seem to get their issues sorted when dealing direct with on one. As no one answers the phone or reads emails. Yet you start a thread on here type brant a few times. Then along he comes to save the day.
    Not sure whether this is genius PR, showing us all how they sort your problem like a mate. Or whether they need more staff to deal with the calls and e mails in the first place

honourablegeorge

Only dealt with them once, but they were very, very quick, courteous and professional with me, was really impressed. Suspect, as Stu says above, it’s a problem with volume of calls and emails, as opposed to their attitude – but it amounts to the same, if emails are ignored and phones aren’t answered.

akira

Bit sporadic, I’ve had emails and calls answered very quickly and also not at all. But they do some nice stuff so I accept they are what they are.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve only had excellent service from them. Although I did take the initiative myself slightly by driving to their showroom to get my transit damaged frame replaced in person. I was desperate to build it and ride it!

Very good all round, though.

chrishc777
    Free Member

To be honest i don’t believe it could be a volume of emails problem as they always seem to find time to despatch my orders within a few hours. Can’t get round to ringing as im working stupid hours at the moment…. I’ll give them a couple more days then just switch back to crc..

scotroutes

Basically mirrors my experience.

However, corners have to be cut somewhere in order to offer what they do at the prices they do. I guess that as long as the majority are still happy, they’ll not change.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

As Scotroutes says, I guess. I bought an expensive watch at the weekend. I paid a lot of money and was offered comfy chairs, coffee of any kind, a free battery replacement and reseal on another watch. Wife collected the watch today all working, was also offered a coffee while she was there. With PX/OO I am buying a part at half retail price, so somethings got to give, I guess and to be able to buy parts at that price, even though being a customer in both ways above, its almost like being ‘down the market’ in a way. At times they are brilliant, but at times when things don’t go down the line and bits go wrong, missing, lost, need a refund , it goes a bit wobbly.

Northwind

Thrustyjust – Member

With PX/OO I am buying a part at half retail price, so somethings got to give

Things like the warranty they promise you when you buy it, or the basic quality of the part, shouldn’t be among those.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Exactly, i understand prices are low and can appreciate some delays or minor issues, or even unboxed parts but when i buy something i expect it to work! I had an issue with a 20£ item and its not the end of the world but now i would not trust buying say some forks, a frame or a bike if i know from my and others’ experience that I will get no support should something go wrong..

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I had a rear light, which ‘just broke’ this week. I just bought a slightly different one from them, as couldn’t be bothered with hassle for a ten quid light, but maybe I should have done. Bought some wheels the other week for my wifes bike. Were faulty and to get them buy the weekend, as she wanted to ride her new build ( was a Wednesday when the faulty ones turned up) I decided to order a second set and asked for delivery by the weekend. Turned up the next Tuesday :roll:. Took 2 weeks for Home plus to return the faulty wheels and chase a refund.
    Was looking at some road wheels in carbon after that and in the end, Merlins got my money. Turned up next day all fine. Emails on delivery and tracking sorted. Watched it go through my town on the van on the tracker !!

gandalf_ukwizard
    Free Member

ive had ther usual issues with confirmations of dispath and delivery coming the same day and after actual delivery of the bike but i can only speak highly of them

BRANT and TOM THURSTON were ace, they sorted my cycle to work 456 out for me a treat and i was n direct contact with tom throughout the build and an issue with a slightly damaged handlebar was sorted and replaced quickly.

i think it depends who you are in touch with… if you get brant or tom you’re golden….

Basil

Pants service at best.
    Used them for years due to price point and products.
    Even so still pants

mesteph
    Free Member

Just received a package from on one. All looks great and the new helmets are great quality for the price, look good and are a good fit, can’t complain. Until I went to fit the new el guapo pedals, which again look the part and are nice and light. BUT, have been sent two right pedals! Not a major issue to be fair and made me chuckle when I realised after the tenth attempt at screwing it in. Although fairly basic stuff you would think to get two matching pedals but never mind!

brant
    Free Member

have been sent two right pedals! Not a major issue to be fair and made me chuckle when I realised after the tenth attempt at screwing it in. Although fairly basic stuff you would think to get two matching pedals but never mind!

Sorry.

I am going to shoot someone.

wwaswas

They are advertising for Customer Service staff currently so it’s clear that brant shooting people will only have a temporary effect on staffing levels.

hora
    Free Member

Something doesn’t add up here. I’ve spoken to two PlanetX/On one employees over the last four weeks and both couldn’t have been more helpful. Especially one- I called literally just before closing time on a Friday. Normally businesses let their phones ring out. This chap (didn’t grab his name) was really helpful and wasn’t in any way trying to end the call. He said he was a mountain biker not a road cyclist and sounded older (wise) rather than a whipper-snapper.

A name for you Brant- A Will, again really helpful to me.

From the above experiences of others, don’t get offended (as its your business/none of my business) but do you pay them well!?! Someone working in something that is their passion would only be sloppy/shoddy if they had a grudge or demoralised but usually a combination of pay issue/demoralised as a result.

wwaswas

Someone working in something that is their passion would only be sloppy/shoddy if they had a grudge or demoralised but usually a combination of pay issue/demoralised as a result.

or maybe they’re just under huge pressure due to rapid company growth that recruitment hasn’t kept up with and are doing their best under difficult circumstances?

hora
    Free Member

Also true. Going in with ‘who is it then/shake up the tree and lets put a little fear in’ will ultimately lead intelligent (asset) staff members to leave.

nonk
    Free Member

I honestly think people expect to much
    I don’t really expect awesome customer service with mental prices .
    How do you expect them to do that and employ a million people at the same time?
    Yeah I know I payed my money so I expect.. Well maybe you shouldn’t.

scud
    Free Member

It’s shocking!!!

As someone that i would say has spent £2.5 – £3k with them over the years on both Planet X and On One stuff, I am currently arguing with them over a faulty Reverb seatpost i sent back which they semm to have lost, my issue is that 4 times i’ve called and 4 times i’ve been promised a call back which has never materialised.

It’s simple, they will just never get my custome again, which is cr*p as i really like their products, i like what they seem to want to achieve, i like supporting a UK company and I like that On One/ Brant are quite transparent about bike design, where they obtain products et, but they do seem to be let down badly by customer service (also had some rollers turn up only to be the wrong ones)

hora
    Free Member

Richersounds compete with the likes of Tesco’s on price for products and their customer service leaves me speechless. Currently they are honouring a £100 discount that they offered me over 2 yrs ago. Staff instore are passionate about product, every contact I have is a positive experience.

On your Reverb I’d chase this down the line internally and find out what can be done better next time without demotion, threat or firing. I imagine someone forgot to send it back registered as refused and it went missing and is avoiding or simply misplaced the broken post/didnt log it it and doesn’t want the blame so avoiding.

Northwind

nonk – Member

I honestly think people expect to much
    I don’t really expect awesome customer service with mental prices .

Awesome? I’d have liked if my frame had been complete and usable when it arrived, that doesn’t seem too much to ask (with one comment “Oh, the parts are probably on a ship or something, could be months). And then, later, I’d have liked if when trying to claim on the 2 year warranty I’d not been told “Nah, it’s 1 year. Yeah I know it’s confusing that it says 2 years on the website but it’s one year. No actually that’s not it, it’s because finish doesn’t have a warranty at all, that’s it. Also you caused the damage yourself, if you’d done it this way and it’d still caused a problem you’d have a legitimate claim. Oh you did do it that way? Well just forget I said that, doesn’t count” Oh, and apparently if you want to use helicopter tape, you should buy a frame that’s advertised as being compatible- On One carbon frames officially can’t be used with it as the finish is so shit, not that they tell you this because that would put you off buying.

But maybe I’m expecting too much eh, honesty is a paid-for extra.

brant
    Free Member

He said he was a mountain biker not a road cyclist and sounded older (wise) rather than a whipper-snapper.

A name for you Brant- A Will, again really helpful to me.

Will is 21.

wwaswas

Will is 21.

See, he’s a shrewd judge of such things that hora 😉

brant
    Free Member

As someone that i would say has spent £2.5 – £3k with them over the years on both Planet X and On One stuff, I am currently arguing with them over a faulty Reverb seatpost i sent back which they semm to have lost, my issue is that 4 times i’ve called and 4 times i’ve been promised a call back which has never materialised.

Sorry to hear this.

Could you give me some more detail as I am sat in CS right now and we need a bit more to go on.

hora
    Free Member

Will is 21.

I said two blokes- the first was on a Friday evening just before closing.

Will was on email.

happyrider
    Free Member

I bought some dry bags from PODSACS.COM and had to pay via bank transfer. Emailed straight away to say money had been sent and to ask for confirmation, nothing for 3 days then called the support number which turned out to be Planet-X.

Spoke to Jonathan who was very helpful but completely in the dark about the process for accepting orders for podsacs(he had just returned from holiday) he then went to chat with accounts and they too were in the dark about payments coming in via bank transfer from the new site.

Any chance of sorting the procedure out so everyone is in the know please Brant? Still no confirmation btw…

Many thanks
    Matt

steveoath
    Free Member

Why do people not phone companies? Any issues (two in total) i have had with on one have been amicably sorted over the phone. Email = cowardly.

scud
    Free Member

Hi Brant

Original order number was SO0136715 – Seatpost was returned at the beginning of September 2013, last person i spoke to was James (i think) last wednesday and was told to expect a call back.

brant
    Free Member

Hi Brant

Original order number was SO0136715 – Seatpost was returned at the beginning of September 2013, last person i spoke to was James (i think) last wednesday and was told to expect a call back.

I’ll go hunt now.

brant
    Free Member

I bought some dry bags from PODSACS.COM and had to pay via bank transfer. Emailed straight away to say money had been sent and to ask for confirmation, nothing for 3 days then called the support number which turned out to be Planet-X.

Spoke to Jonathan who was very helpful but completely in the dark about the process for accepting orders for podsacs(he had just returned from holiday) he then went to chat with accounts and they too were in the dark about payments coming in via bank transfer from the new site.

Any chance of sorting the procedure out so everyone is in the know please Brant? Still no confirmation btw…

Many thanks
    Matt

passed on. Will investigate.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘on one customer service?’ is closed to new replies.