Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • on one customer service?
  • happyrider
    Free Member

SO0449388 if it helps.

Many thanks!
    Matt

theflatboy
    Free Member

brant – Member

passed on. Will, investigate!

FTFY.

nonk
    Free Member

@northwind
    Sounds rubbish mate .
    That’s my point in a way though, it may have sounded like I was defending them I wasn’t .
    At that price I wouldn’t expect it to be any good .
    If I wanted to save the money I might give it a punt but I would expect it to be a bit crap

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought a57? wheels off them last year I think, bearings failed after around 500 road miles. The guy I dealt with was helpful and I sent them back to get the bearings replaced. I was advised that bearings are a consumable item but they would replace as a gesture of good will. I did say that failing after only 500 miles use suggests they weren’t fit for purpose. I paid the postage on the wheels and got then back about 6 weeks later. They failed less than 500 miles later, they’re hanging in the garage now as I’m not prepared to replace bearings every 3 weeks.

So in terms of customer service they were fine with me. Just a shit product 🙂

edit: just checked the email trail on this and it was under 700 miles before they failed the first time, under 500 the 2nd time

phil40
    Free Member

I have found them friendly and helpful, if I do have a query they reply within a day, and have got stuff sorted out quickly!

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

ditto Gary M

My model B wheelset bearings failed afer 30 hours riding. Got the usual “consumable item” response from PlantX and they refused to replace the bearings. I finally asked them for details of the bearings so I could go and buy some more and they were equally unhelpful with this. Wouldn’t buy another Planet X or One One brand product again.

happyrider
    Free Member

All sorted, thank you Brant and Hugh.

dragon
    Free Member

On-one ‘service’ is a joke, can’t sort **** all out until people complain on here, maybe Singletrack should ask On-One for some kind of fee for managing complaints on their behalf.

I don’t care how cheap their products are, their QC and backup are non-existent, unless you use the old boys network to contact Brant. That’s a p*ss poor business model IMO.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Still no news back yet, After reading other people’s experiences to be honest if they asked me to send it to them to replace I’m not sure i’d want to with all the stories of stuff getting ‘lost’… Shame, nice products though. Might pay up the extra for a Soul when my 456 dies, hard to find a bad word about them and Cy’s a nice guy.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

woohooo, got a couple of emails now. First saying they are sending it and the second to give me a delivery number. Doesnt work mind, but probably not on its way yet. Whenever I deal with Wayne there, he is great, he remembers me every time I call up, which is probably not a good thing, but at least i have a contact to deal with almost on a One to On-One 😀
    Oh, and magicshine headset bearings have lasted 10 times longer than the normal unsealed smoothies, in case anyone gets the ‘consumable’ senario with them. 10 rides in the dry and dead……

chrishc777
    Free Member

Just been in contact via email from drew at on one. Seems a nice enough guy and very helpful. He has ensured me that things are being done to sort out the CS there.. So my issue is on it’s way to being resolved. Apparently they didn’t receive my emails so could be a technical issue, could not be one, but in any case as thrusty says, I now have a direct contact if anything goes wrong!

damascus
    Free Member

On one and planet x have been excellent whenever I’ve used them.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have placed 2 orders in the last 2weeks and no problems with either.
    Also got a set of A57 wheels that I bought 2nd hand/nearly new and easily have over 500 miles on them and they still spin nice and smooth needed a bit of tension putting back into the spokes after a while.

Some cracking prices on Oury grips at the moment too (bought 3pairs)

Sum
    Free Member

On One service has been good for me too. I’ve sent faulty stuff back which they’ve acted upon. I had to remind them once to refund the return postage but that wasn’t so bad.

Oddly enough I’ve also had issues with the Phaart lights, with one of the leds not working. I just sent them a copy of the original invoice email with a picture of the faulty light and they just sent me a new light. It arrived the next day!

chrishc777
    Free Member

New item received!

chrishc777
    Free Member

So I received the item and the logo was upside down… Contacted them and they wanted it sent back. Did so at my expense 3 weeks ago and so far i still have not received a non faulty item and am down the postage on top of what i paid, they’re not answering any more even though im writing directly to the guy who told me to send it back. Not good enough.

hora
    Free Member

They wanted it sent back?

Sorry I’d say KEEP IT and we’ll send you a new one asap along with a discount code/voucher asap. We will also ensure that the replacement that we send to you is checked before it is despatched.

I don’t work in customer services but like everyone its bloody easy to resolve/say this?!!

Cant you hire a Customer Services Manager? Theres a chap at Montane- hes bob-on. VERY fast at responding and personable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That may just be the funniest piece of clothing fail I’ve seen in ages!

I’d keep it for teh lolz! 😀

Oh, and Hora’s bang on there. They should really just be sucking it up now and sending you out a new one (Assuming you still want it!) and some sort of goodwill gesture along with it.

scotroutes

Maybe they want it back so they can sell it to an Australian

bails

Hah!

Put the jumper on, look down at the logo. Does it look right now? Problem solved! 😆

hora
    Free Member

Maybe its an empowerment issue? People aren’t trusted to make decisions or sign something off like that?

I think its empowerment- dont on one trust your employees to make such a simple judgement call?

scotroutes

That’s a bit unfair – I don’t think they are brants employees.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That jumper an April fool day sale item?

Northwind

hora – Member

I think its empowerment- dont on one trust your employees to make such a simple judgement call?

That didn’t seem to be the problem with me. Kind of the opposite, they felt empowered to do whatever they wanted- contradicting each other, ignoring the written warranty etc.

toys19
    Free Member

Bah we all hold grudges, I hate triton cycles/charge over the way they done me on a warranty issue, will never spend a penny with them. But others have nothing good to say about triton and charge.

So I would be cautious listening to northwind, he has been burned but I reckon the vast majority are dead happy with on-one. I am, they can be crap but they get it together when you kick them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Fixed.

Top still looks naff, though.

scotroutes

He’s hardly alone though. If anything, I’m rather surprised at the level of discontent now openly shown on STW. Not so long ago, you’d get shot down in flames for even suggesting On One had issues.

Northwind

toys19 – Member

So I would be cautious listening to northwind, he has been burned

Yup, only listen to happy customers if you want a balanced view 😉

toys19
    Free Member

Nah I mean we all get the hump with someone its not always balanced, especially as you are all over this thread.
    I’m not defending O-O , just pointing out that your experience is not the totality of experience regarding their customer service.

Northwind

Yup, agree with that tbh, I’d had loads of happy transactions before. To be fair I’ve posted more in this thread than I meant to because of silly responses to my first, rather than because of trying to big hit it- I did say something nice about On One the other day, honest!

But hopefully nobody thinks one person’s rant is enough to base a whole opinion on, for all they know I’m a liar or just some sort of mad bastard who brought it on himself… But still- listening to people who’ve been burned does help avoid burns!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nice clogs.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘on one customer service?’ is closed to new replies.