Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Oi! Brant! Kids are being scared!
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Cheeze, that is disgusting.

How can people be so **** narrow-minded?

Seriously?

I can’t **** believe that.

Some people, I’d seriously question their suitability to be parents, with attitudes like that.

Speaking on the CBeebies message boards, another parent wrote, “Is it just me, or does anyone else think the new woman presenter on CBeebies may scare the kids because of her disability?”

Hopefully, it’s just you, and a handful of pig-shit thick ignorant idiots, you stupid ****.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Probably the sort of parents who were banned from watching commercial telly when they were kids in case it enraged their rebellious ethers.

Idiots.

miketually
    Free Member

My daughter has yet to even comment on the missing arm. If parents are worried their kids will have nightmares over it, their kids must be pretty sheltered!

I’d assumed it was an amputation but, apparently, if you pause it you can see little fingers with fingernails.

richpips
    Free Member

My daughter asked why some dogs have 3 legs today.

I told her that sometimes legs fall off.

She seemed happy enough about it.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m sure that my daughter has noticed the arm. She’s either not bothered, or she’s going to wait until we’re out somewhere and she spots someone with a missing arm: “Look Daddy, that man has only got one arm!”. She couldn’t cause embarrasment by asking in our living room.

anagallis_arvensis

My ex is a primary school teacher and she has one arm, wonder if she scares the kids!!! Actually in my experience kids were quite intrigued by it, it was adults who act a bit wierd. Often you dont notice though I can remember first time I met my ex I’d been talking to her for an hour before I noticed.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m surprised such people let their kids watch CBeebies anyway given they already have Sidney, and funny coloured people like him must cause their kids to have seizures and foam at the mouth. Presumably the same people who worry about their small children getting offended by nudity.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Hang on, there was a lot of the ‘might’ word in there!!

Here wear this bubblewrap and cotton wool suit as you ‘might’ fall over on the way to school – FFS!!

What happens if the kids go to school with a child with one arm, do they ban that child from going to school as they will scare the other kids!!

If the child is scared or has nightmares, surely it’s the responsibility of the parent to explain that there isn’t anything for the child to be scared of and it’s part of life – Not to kick her off TV.

matthewjb
    Free Member

She couldn’t cause embarrasment by asking in our living room.

Very true.

My Daughter was in the Doctor’s the other day when a man walked in with a pony tail. At the top of her voice my Daughter announced: “Look at that man’s funny hair!”.

Fortunately my wife was with her not me.

Poindexter
    Free Member

I’d assumed it was an amputation but, apparently, if you pause it you can see little fingers with fingernails.

Cool, any pics?

miketually
    Free Member

“Look! That’s man’s got no hair, like Granda!”

roper
    Free Member

I remember a few years ago hearing letters of complaint to the BBC as one of their puppets spoke with a welsh accent.

oldgit
    Free Member

‘My daughter asked why some dogs have 3 legs today.

I told her that sometimes legs fall off.

She seemed happy enough about it.’

I certainly hope Toby and Duke are’nt reading this.

miketually
    Free Member

Cool, any pics?

It was a friend who has Sky+, but they’d deleted it so I’ve not seen it myself.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I remember a few years ago hearing letters of complaint to the BBC as one of their puppets spoke with a welsh accent.

Wasn’t that ‘Why Bird’ or something?

Tim
    Free Member

People who complain offend me, as i’m offended by stupidity and ignorance

roper
    Free Member

Wasn’t that ‘Why Bird’ or something?

I thought it was a baby robin?

Stoner
    Free Member

I had a mate at school whose fingers (and toes, but not thumbs) stopped at the first knuckle and there were just little fingernails on the end. WHen he punched you he could give you a very dead arm 🙂 Also one of the fastest runners in the school too.

hora
    Free Member

parent wrote, “Is it just me, or does anyone else think the new woman presenter on CBeebies may scare the kids because of her disability?”

What the ****?

Some ‘parents’ need to get outside the house and breathe abit more.

What next?

ski
    Free Member

Very sad, how weird are some people?

My little one, commented:

“look she has one arm Dad”

“yes” I said, long pause then she asks me,

“can I have one arm Dad?”

aracer
    Free Member

breathe abit more.

I’d suggest exactly the opposite – oxygen thieves.

Poindexter
    Free Member

Also one of the fastest runners in the school too.

Well, he was bound to be, wasn’t he. That little bit lighter, you see?

Olly
    Free Member

on the flip side, does anyone feel she may have got the job BECAUSE shes disabled?

i would imagine, much like the police, the beeb have to fill a certain number of positions with minority groups as a representation?

positive discrimination really gets up my arse, ALMOST as much as the good old negative type.
    applying for jobs at the moment, some do state that if you represent a minority and fill the basic criteria, your guaranteed a position.

i agree, that campaign should be laughed at until it dies.
    I dont think, personally, people should cotton ball thier little brats.

bigsi
    Free Member

Its not the possibility of the kids being scared thats promped the complaints its the parents being scared that their kids will not grow up to be as narrow minded and unaccepting as them which has prompted them to object. Anybody would think it was still the 1950’s.

mrchrispy

i only noticed the otherday, cant say the kids have yet and i doubt they’d be bothered when the do. she is a hottie though, the hand thing counts for nothing.

that guy shes on with though is a muppet, i cant stand that stupid expression he always has…its a “i’m not a peedo….honest!” look.

jon1973
    Free Member

on the flip side, does anyone feel she may have got the job BECAUSE shes disabled?

Are you suggesting that any disabled person with a job must have got it through positive descrimination?

aracer
    Free Member

Can we start a campaign to get rid of ignorant bigoted parents, as I’m worried such people will scare my children?

Has anybody else been to look at the CBeebies message board? I’m quite shocked by the messages on there – not those commenting on Cerrie’s arm but those complaining that their kids are grieving at the loss of Chris and Pui. That and the implication of how much TV those kids must watch and how over involved they seem to be getting.

hugorune

My almost-4-yearold hasn’t noticed yet despite sitting about 30cm from the screen at all times. I’m sure it wouldn’t bother her in slightest. Why the **** would it scare them? Does the vertically challenged shop assisitant in Balamory scare them too? Those wheelchairs can be scary things.

theotherjonv

my wife’s grieving over the loss of Chris too.

My Daughter was in the Doctor’s the other day when a man walked in with a pony tail. At the top of her voice my Daughter announced: “Look at that man’s funny hair!”.

My favourite (if ground opening up could ever be described as a favourite) was just before Xmas, we were in a bookshop buying a book for the wife from my girls.

“Right”, I say, “let’s go to the counter and pay the lady”
    “The man”, corrects Polly aged 4.
    “No”, say I, “it’s a lady with short hair”
    “She’s a very ugly lady then”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

lol @ jonv!

wheelz
    Free Member

Wandering around the supermarket with my (then) 4 year old daughter, we stop to pick up some milk next to a woman in her early thirties who was wearing a black eyepatch and had quite a long pony tail.

Cue daughter, in a very loud voice: “Look Daddy, that lady’s a pirate!”

I smiled in that “Kids, don’t you just love them” kind of way only to be glared at. If looks could kill…

She did look like a pirate though!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Don’t tell me that smile isn’t scary! The arm I can deal with, but the dead, hollow eyes and the wierd, set rictus grin….

😯

willard

That’s just the long house and the forced jollity that being a children’s TV presenter forces you through. Poor girl. If she’d been in a normal job she’d probably look a little more relaxed.

Mind you, it’s completely understandable… If I had to be cheerful to my neice and nephew constanlty, every day, I’d probably serisouly consider a DIY labotomy.

ziggy
    Free Member

Can’t really believe they are peeps out there with that attitude.

Still, at least someone on that forum has a sense of humour.

ok I’m going to try to be evenhanded about this after some of the hamfisted comments made earlier

on the one hand she seems harmless enough, but on the other… she just doesn’t seem to have grasped the cbeebies “presenter style” yet. I guess that may come with time.

overall, I’d give her one thumbs up at this stage

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Wonder if she’d find that amusing?

anagallis_arvensis

I remember being quite mortified after the time early on in relationship when I asked my 1 armed ex if “she’d like a hand with that”. She couldnt really care less.

matthewjb
    Free Member

“She’s a very ugly lady then”

“Look Daddy, that lady’s a pirate!”

Genius.

My youngest is only two so we’ve got a few more years of embarrassment left.

ziggy
    Free Member

I get the piss taken out of me because of my physical attributes, do I care? NO

Is that a PC brigade stampede I hear coming?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

T’was just an open question,actually. I have no idea if the lady in question would be offended by such comments, or not.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Oi! Brant! Kids are being scared!’ is closed to new replies.