Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Now That’s What I Call STW 2021!
  • matt_outandabout

Not forgetting Smurmatts legendary tales of driving prowess.

There are a couple on here today seemingly with similar Skilz.

mogrim

Smurfmatt’s flounce was a thing of wonder.

footflaps

The one about the elite Taekwondo club based in Edinburgh. Could of kicked the shit out of pro MMA fighters but didn’t bother as they all earned £500k a year anyway.

That was classic STW, someone who couldn’t back down and his claims just became more and more delusional.

Surfmat and his driving was along the same lines…..

singletrackmind

The thread with the guy whose dog pee d on the mil garden, as she flapped her arms enthusiasticly from behind tje double glazing
    So he put dog back in car and drove off to spend xmas alone

footflaps

You mean a website exists with a search function that actually works? Surely not!

I got a lifetime ban about 15 years ago for mentioning the search didn’t work very well!

singletrackmind

The Surrey hills brokeback mountains bromance thread was a good one
    Yonks ago mind

richmtb

Smurfmatt’s flounce was a thing of wonder

Made even better by the knowledge that he did an identical flounce off the Bikeradar forum

TheDTs
    Free Member

The Gnusmas car thread was great in a STW all pulling together to help someone they had never met kind of thing.

scotroutes

I got a lifetime ban about 15 years ago

The dead are among us!

My all-time favourite was the London Olympics opening ceremony thread. The running commentary on here had me and the family in stitches.

grahamt1980

I forgot about the olympic opening thread, that was hilarious. I kept getting asked what the hell i was laughing at
    Found it
    2012 opening ceremony

RustySpanner

Same with the Eurovision threads…..
    fantastic.

singletrackmind

All i can remember about that was George Washington and teenage pregnancy hobbits for some reason

somafunk

The Badger thread was the best, so many memes.

colp

Puddinggate was good

The guy who got ripped off by the painter & decorator

igm

References to the trails round the back of the Nationwide – which apparently actually exist

Crown races

Picolax

Genuinely helpful technical threads

Genuinely helpful life advice and support threads

Endless bickering on political threads – which I enjoy.

That’s what STW means to me.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Aye the ‘Did Aldo Take a Dive” aka the taekwondo Gods from Edinburgh that earn 300k per year and would ko all of the UFC dudes with consummate ease is an absolute classic.

The Mint Sauce keying thread was awesome too!

That driving thread where Surfmatt and someone else….potentially the aforementioned Taekwondo God actually….traded claims about being invited to become CEO of the institute of advanced drivers and other such nonsense was fairly funny too.

Saccades
    Free Member

Rate my Brickie amused me.

The kind of construction used to build ww2 submarine pens.

Anyone else get savage lag on here btw?

somafunk

Anyone else get savage lag on here btw?

Heard them back in 91 at Camden palace before they got signed

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep it’s a real issue for me tonight too. Agree, rate my rickie was hilarious

garage-dweller

The stand out funny threads are mostly covered post (and some pre) the 2009 hack.

The most amazing acts of support and kindness of this place often don’t make light reading though. It’s better for them but not ones for a casual evenings browsing.

Cougar

The Gnusmas car thread was great in a STW all pulling together to help someone they had never met kind of thing.

That Gnusmobile thread should be front and centre here. It’s STW’s equivalent of what happens when someone falls down in the middle of a mosh pit.

ElShalimo

Sick of the incessant snow updates slightly backfired on the OP

😆

Northwind

Was it here or Bikeradar where everyone went mad and started posting animated german shepherds off some terrible website everywhere for a day, then never spoke of it again?

The Ling thread was already good but the Ling’s ride followup made it perfect

not really a fan of the picolax thread itself but I love that it gained a life of its own… Seen it on Overclockers and Pistonheads, my brother sent me a link of it on a home brewers’ site, my other brother saw it on bloody hmfckickback… Some mate of my dad’s literally printed it out and gave him a copy because that’s how my dad consumed the internet.

richmtb

Made even better by the knowledge that he did an identical flounce off the Bikeradar forum

I was a bikeradar mod at the time… I banned him after he flounced, he complained to the mod team and Nick laughed at him, apparently he then complained to Future.

Cougar

Endless bickering on political threads – which I enjoy.

No you don’t.

Was it here or Bikeradar where everyone went mad and started posting animated german shepherds off some terrible website everywhere for a day, then never spoke of it again?

It was definitely on here, and I’m reasonably sure it was a current poster. I want to say someone like Edukator or CountZero or Northwind, with the caveat that I’m atrocious at remembering usernames. It was someone with that sort of cadence.

theotherjonv

Agree, rate my rickie was hilarious

undefined

10/10

spooky_b329

Does the Penis Beaker (I think that was the title) count? Link from here to Mumsnet wasn’t it, I’m sure they had another classic too…

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Now That’s What I Call STW 2021!’ is closed to new replies.