Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 867 total)
  • Danny Boyle risking embarrassing the nation… the opening ceremony thread
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

the guys got guts! already seeing a facebook newsfeed full of people complaining about the opening ceremony looking a set from lord of the rings…

any predictions before it starts?

donsimon
    Free Member

The bookies toilet scene from Trainspotting.

philconsequence
    Free Member

there’s a load of sheep! i hope they’re the kinda sheep that explode in a ball of flames and glitter, otherwise i’m worried i must admit.

unklehomered
    Free Member

They must be sedated or surely all the music and lights will totally spaz them out….

I’m oddly excited, i didn’t expect to be I’ll be honest. But I am, pims at the ready!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

has anyone started an olypic thread yet? i wonder what the people of STW think about the olympics

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

there’s a load of sheep! i hope they’re the kinda sheep that explode in a ball of flames and glitter, otherwise i’m worried i must admit.

Having seen Rammstein a few times and witnessed their ‘Exploding Laser Babies’, I want ‘Exploding Laser Sheep’ as a minimum

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m going to be on the cider watching it tonight with one of my oldest friends, mrsconsequence is going to be buzzing with britishness… even if its kinda rubbish i’ll be having a good night.

shall i send you some drunken photos?

EDIt – when i saw them they were chasing each other around the stage with big inflatable penis’s…. if danny boyle can’t provide that then we’ve already failed as a nation.

rickmeister

Spazzed out exploding glittery sheep… one of which is kicked by Becks to light the flame…. bang tidy.

I’ll have a pint of what your drinking… in fact I’ll have three…

Edit: Liking the idea of the Ramstein soundtack and laser show… waiting for the home made schnaps to kick in….

philconsequence
    Free Member

the entire audience belting out ‘we are the champions’ would be pretty awesome! then cut to a fast zoom in on a shire horse saying ‘no pressure lads’… BOOOOOOM!!!!!!.. exploding into an giant inflatable queen.

they should’ve given me the job.

matt_outandabout

You forgot the line of fat lads with a message of encouragement spelt out across their belly’s on the front row, and that annoying band that follows the England football team.

deluded
    Free Member

I think he’s done a tremendous job … for Christ sake get behind him. He’s the man in the arena showing a pair. Good on him.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We all make the games.

And it’s raining. 🙂

rickmeister

Swap Ramstein for the Mac Lads… or the Shirehorses… ?

matt_outandabout

deluded – what part of him having the opportunity and bottle to do it prevents us from taking the amber liquid? 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

for Christ sake get behind him. He’s the man in the arena showing a pair

i am behind him, he’s a great director 🙂 fingers crossed it all goes well

chewkw
    Free Member

My precioussssssss … 😆

I think he has forgotten the trade unions and their leaders parading in the opening ceremony with members holding placards demanding more pay.

Then he should have separate unions all wearing their uniform again “on strike” … but parading in the opening ceremony.

Then he should have bankers and financiers holding “loads of money” …

Obviously we cannot miss out pen pushers and job worth … they too need to be present.

Finally, we have all the chavs … binge drinkers … etc to conclude the parade.

🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

He’s the man in the arena showing a pair.

I hope not. Although, it will be talked about.

rickmeister

Joking aside, I like Danny Boyle.. I’m looking forward to the show…

But I still hope there is spazzed out exploding sheep, Ramstein, The Mac Ladds and The Shirehorses…

and “Lay-zerrrs”

Jamie
    Free Member

The BBC web feed is falling over…

matt_outandabout

Obviously we cannot miss out pen pushers and job worth … they too need to be present.

philconsequence
    Free Member

oh dear god…. what if they have morris dancing?!

singletrackmind

Is it still 1812?
    Not buying it .
    yet

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s our time to shine. 😀

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw the people watching telly in the oldy worldy cottage with the smoking chimney…

Don’t who that is singing, He sounded like the wonderstuff when he was in the background, so now I’m disappointed as stuffies would have been fantastic #Welcome to the cheap seats…#

singletrackmind

Frank Turner . He be from Winchester .

chewkw
    Free Member

philconsequence – Member

oh dear god…. what if they have morris dancing?!

That’s too boring predictable but no harm done other than safe bet.

Wait a minute … how about getting all the politicians parading in the opening ceremony? I mean with placard saying “I am the best” and pumping fist into air … 😆 A bit like WWF.

philconsequence
    Free Member

a massive statue of Giant Haystacks to rise up out of one of the haystacks?

Junkyard
    Free Member

boris to run on as big daddy and do the splash on him

crowd to chant EASY EASY etc

plumber
    Free Member

Surely they’ll have stw mountain bikers bumbling down the singletrack on that small hill all riding single speeds and stormtroopered up

thegreatape
    Free Member

I would like to see the whole ceremony in the style of the Phoenix Nights Family Fun Day.

singletrackmind

With rattle can face painting?

Nobby

Well the crowd have all just been covered up with huge blue sheets.

Maybe that’s the plan for the event, then someone I’ll come found after & tell ’em all how gret it was…

souldrummer
    Free Member

My goodness how very quaint

unklehomered
    Free Member

Ha ha, thats the F— Buttons!

LeeW

I think Brian Potter could’ve done a better job.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Wiggggoooooooooo

singletrackmind

Go Wiggo !!!!!!!!!!

nick1962
    Free Member

Wiggo!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I just crapped myself in anticipation!

Junkyard
    Free Member

peaked already

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 867 total)

The topic ‘Danny Boyle risking embarrassing the nation… the opening ceremony thread’ is closed to new replies.