Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Night riding- I just don't get it
  • CalamityJames
    Free Member

I agree, it isn’t for everybody but it serves a purpose if time is limited. I do find myself holding back quite often (I ride alone so take minimal risks) but it helps maintain fitness and, as bove, is much better than watching Corrie. This was last night’s view:

giantx4
    Free Member

Yup calamityjames i only do the night thing as its that or nothing during winter but its all good!! Feels faster at night & as you say great pics!… Yours looks awesome last night #loamlife

leftyboy
    Free Member

As I’m injured (again) at the moment having done a weekly night ride with mates all weathers all year round for about 8 years or so I’m really missing riding. It’s just riding but in the dark and 99% of the time we finish at our local pub for a chat and a drink or 2.

What more could you want after a day at the office?

gogg
    Free Member

Does that make it a good or a bad thing?

Depends if you’re giving or receiving??

iainc

I ride most weeks in a club ride, Wed nights through Mugdock. Love it, good fun, good laugh.

Solo night riding however …..bit scary, only done it a few times and the imagination dreams up lots of scary beasts which are probably just sheep and deer (probably…. 🙂 )

Have done a couple of back road tarmac rides in the dark on my own and not hugely enjoyed

giantx4
    Free Member

Iainc the trick is to ride as fast as poss on solo night rides… Good for strava ha!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Na, Iain nightrides at Cathkin, so it’s won’t be a sheep or a deer after you, it’ll be either a ned wanting to stab you, or a dogger wanting your ass…. 😯

emac65
    Free Member

hora – Member

Is it just me? I love riding in the dusk.

Yes theres the its dark, Goblins behind you but I’m not scared of the dark and I like to see the Forest around me which is part of why I love riding. The sensation of going faster? Its the same IMO- you just have less sensation/reference points around you hence you feel it must be faster.

Not just you,I don’t get it either.Probably do one or two night rides a year & that’s plenty for me.Find it all a bit dull tbh,nothing to look at except your bike light.

Did a lot of sailing as a yoof,now sailing through the night is fun-ships to look out for,harldy a sound but the flap of the sails,great sunsets & sunrises(if it’s sunny).It’s also nice to actually end up where you planned to the next morning as well….

righog
    Free Member

Night riding is ace !

iainc

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Na, Iain nightrides at Cathkin, so it’s won’t be a sheep or a deer after you, it’ll be either a ned wanting to stab you, or a dogger wanting your ass….

🙂 🙂 only done one night ride there, with Liz from GMBC. There were a few dodgy goings on in the car park when we got back round – not an occasion to linger !!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Night riding is fantastic. We still need lights in the summer, nothing better than finishing a summer ride at midnight….especially on a school night

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Night riding- I just don't get it’ is closed to new replies.