Moto GP 2014

Home Forum Chat Forum Moto GP 2014

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 369 total)
  • Moto GP 2014
  • rossi46

status on spoilers

How about after its been shown on ITV4?
    Sound fair? Everyone agree?
    I like many have to watch on ITV4 as no BT. Have to say, they are allright. Not a bad effort seeing as they have to put everything into a 1 hr timeslot- although if they cut down on the adverts we could see more.
    Dare I say, better than nothing?

rossi46

+1 for Rossi, the goat has once again earned the alien title!
    Shall we add Bautista and Bradders to the alien list? And Espargaro.
    Can’t wait for Austin now!!

pondo

How about after its been shown on ITV4?
    Sound fair? Everyone agree?

Nah. Why would you click on a thread called MotoGP 2014 in the 24 hours following a GP? You’ll be in the minority to expect it won’t discuss the racing.

mrblobby

only 2 class acts left in the race (Pedrosa is and always has been an also ran, just one with the best bike)

Not a huge fan of Dani but think that’s a bit harsh on him. A world champ three years in a row (once in 125 then twice in 250). Four third place and three second place motogp championship finishes. End of the 2012 season he was unstoppable. If he wasn’t quite so fragile he’d have probably won one by now. Unarguably a class act.

Having said that I do wonder how he’d get on if the weight limit was rider and bike like it is now in the smaller classes.

Pigface – Memberย 
    Yeah Cal has won sod all for him to be billy big boots and dishing it out to journos, World Super Sport British Super Sport that’s it. When he wins ( which he won’t) the MotoGP or WSB then he get all moody and shout the odds.

Your pass to have an opinion thats taken seriously on motorbike racing has been revoked.

Please refrain from posting in this thread.

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Pigface – Member
    Yeah Cal has won sod all for him to be billy big boots and dishing it out to journos, World Super Sport British Super Sport that’s it. When he wins ( which he won’t) the MotoGP or WSB then he get all moody and shout the odds.

Right now he has more points than Lorenzo and a few others who were in front of him on the grid.

I’m not a great fan of his, but I think he’s probably the guy with the right attitude to make the Ducati work for him. Lots of you didn’t like Stoner either, but the red mist can work for some…

Brilliant to see Rossi back on form, but he usually does well when the track conditions are difficult for the others, so I’m waiting to see how he goes in the next race before I believe he has risen again. ๐Ÿ™‚

https://www.facebook.com/alexraicutv

A link to someone posting coverage of the motogp, moto2 and moto3 races.

Cut up into 12 minute chunks, but hey!

๐Ÿ™‚

mrblobby

Rossi always goes well at Qatar. I’d not read too much into the first race of the season (other than the Marquez win!)

Pigface

Right now he has more points than Lorenzo and a few others who were in front of him on the grid.

If that is the logic we are using then so has Colin Edwards ๐Ÿ˜†

Well boots instead of trying to be funny come up with a counter argument untill then na na neh na nah ๐Ÿ˜›

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Pigface – Member
    “Right now he has more points than Lorenzo and a few others who were in front of him on the grid.”
    If that is the logic we are using then so has Colin Edwards

Which proves that at this stage of the campaign, Edwards has been a better rider than Lorenzo and the others whose bikes took a rest during the race.

They only count the winners when they cross the finishing line.

Pigface

๐Ÿ˜† ok lets see what happens over the season.

They only count the winners when they cross the finishing line.

To be an utter pedant as it seems we are, there is only one winner per race ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pigface, my argument is that maybe you’re better suited to the the sterile acquiescent **** wits that inhabit the F1 paddock. ๐Ÿ˜›

I dont think you are quite cool enough to like motorbikes.

Pigface

๐Ÿ™„ I am sorry I am just not cool enough for you Boots,

Hardly call Kimi acquiescent and if you have ever read any of the the F1 threads I have contributed to then you will see I have no love for F1 as it stands at the moment. I guess you haven’t though.

Guess I am going to have to sell my bike ๐Ÿ™

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Pigface – Member
    …To be an utter pedant as it seems we are, there is only one winner per race

OK, for the pedantic.

Any rider who crosses the finishing line is a better rider on that day than those who fell off.

Unless that falling off was from circumstances beyond their control like riding too close to Marquez, or getting zapped by the Death Star because Darth was annoyed.

Getting rid of your bike, eh? Any useful bits on it? ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon epicyclo
    Subscriber

Just read that Crutchlow’s dash turned off in the race. No wonder he was pissed…

Pigface

Oh that is awful news ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

April fools?

pondo

Why do they bother?

PeterPoddy

Overnight tyres? ๐Ÿ™‚

Pigface

Holy crap how fast is Marquez in Texas ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

divenwob

Very! ๐Ÿ˜†

Ben Spies description and opinion of him on BTSport live was bang on. As fast as Stoner but more well rounded.

Amazing riding by him and hes only going to get better/faster

mrblobby

Should be quite a good race for second. May as well give Marquez the 25 points now though.

Pigface

Anyone else seen those Twitter pictures of Marquez ๐Ÿ˜ฏ defying the laws of physics and logic.

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Marquez is making commentators and fans stretch the vocabulary of superlatives – amaze balls

mrblobby

That save when Marquez had the chatter and lost the front ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

rossi46

That really was epic skills from the #93. Just fearless.
    I reckon in several years time he will be the new GOAT!
    Well as long as he keeps it shiny side up!!

jim25

The boy is a marvel, theres no words left unused to describe his riding skills.
    Just pure brilliance watching him on circuit.
    He’s having fun and it shows!

Race tommorrow looks to be a gooden now Lorenzo, dani and vr seem to have shortened the gap to him from friday.

Can’t Wait

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Best thing they could do is make him start from the back like he had to do in moto2 :mrgreen:

rossi46

And Rossi starts 6th which is 4 places better than Quatar, will it help him out? Hope so!
    A nice ding dong battle for the win will be great.

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

rossi46 – Member

That really was epic skills from the #93. Just fearless.
    I reckon in several years time he will be the new GOAT!
    Well as long as he keeps it shiny side up!!

Couldn’t agree more.
    Marquez is without a doubt the fastest, loosest, most unaware of his own mortality rider out there. He could knock it back 1% and still kick every one else’s arse whilst saving his own.
    I am scared to say that he reminds me of Super Sic and although he is even faster he should maybe not ride his luck so much as it is generally a finite resource.
    The save he made in qualifying was epic but when you are that far over the ragged edge, it is fate as much as skill dictates the outcome.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

I don’t honestly think MArquez is using luck. I think personally he’s happy to lose the front, lose the rear, then just control it, carry on and set lap records. He seems to have that much control that when other crash, he’s still going round.

rossi46

Well it’s fair to say he has luck on his side, but more telling is the fact that he rarely makes mistakes. But just like Rossi in 2006 (?) (When he handed Nicky Hayden the title) it only takes one little mistake to end up in Ashit Street.

i think it is doing him a discredit to say its luck, it reminds me of when a surgeon saves a child’s life and everyone starts praising ‘guardian angels’
    marquez has skill and talent, bravery and determination. luck is bunk

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

Holly Shit! I thought Marquez was going to drop it on the last corner. Bit of a procession for the win, then a lapse of concentration when showboating almost proved costly.

Some nice racing for 3rd though.

Lets hope Yamaha can push the hondas harder over the coming races.

Pigface

Nice for Dovi and Bradley

Premier Icon Matt24k
    Subscriber

Outstanding ride by Marquez. He is the most talented rider on the grid but I still think he has more than his fair share of good fortune. He obviously borrowed Lorenzo’s and Crutchlow’s allocation of fairy dust for the day ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

but I still think he has more than his fair share of good fortune.

disagree. Just because he does things that other people simply cannot do, doesn’t make him ‘lucky’

Pigface

His off last year at 180 was lucky, in that he walked away and raced the next day.

His talent is otherwordly as was Sennas I just hope nothing bad happens because he is aaaawwwwwwweeessssooommmmmmmmmme

rossi46

Dafuc happened to Lorenzo at the start???
    I was impressed with Iannone, great ride to hang on to third for that long.
    Rossi did his tyres I think, but it’s got to hurt to be well beaten by two Ducatis! Well done Dovi too!

Good ride by Dovi. He def doesn’t get enough credit for his talents.

Could not believe the Lorenzo start, bloody hell!! Wouldn’t like to be the man that asks him what happened… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

With Marquez…its his confidence not luck…..and hes a lot more confident this and last year than he was in previous year’s. ..if he stays on a bike ..he wins ..exceptional talent

rossi46

Talk to me about Argentina qualifying, what’s happening out there? No BT here you see, and I’m watching WSB qualifying at the moment ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edit: bet it’s Marquez who comes out on top!

Pigface

It’s the Marquez show

Viewing 45 posts - 136 through 180 (of 369 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2014’ is closed to new replies.