Home Forums Bike Forum New to me BD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New to me BD
    aphex_2k
    Free Member

Came up locally. Well, locally being a 3 hour round trip.

Stunning. Mint condition. Really doesn’t look used. No dirt build up around hubs, cassette or BB. Wheels are spot on Mavic 225. Speed Dial 7 levers and Mg callipers (got some xt to swap on). Thing flies. It’s nowhere near the LE I had nicked (full xtr inc wheels) but it makes me happy and a perfect addition (to the other Zaskar and Pantera I still have). Also got an old Middleburn chainset that’s been dying for a donor bike so I’ll stick that on too.

Just needs a couple of less perished tyres!

2001 (?) Zaskar Race

Rubber_Buccaneer

I lusted after one of those stems back in the day. Had the seatpost but never had the matching stem ☹️

matt_outandabout

Love the red.

Don’t love my memories of flex inearly  SID’s…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Yeah the stem is lovely. But too long for me. I swapped the narrow Syncros riser and stem for a 100mm stem and some NOS Stylo World Cup flat bars that have been in the parts box for blooming years. Need bar ends I reckon. Xlite or Onza.

And yeah SIDS dont give me the feels but I also lusted after them around that time. They do work and hold air. They’ll need a service but for now I’ll take the 63mm of travel.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Looks really clean. Remind me how does a Zaskar team compare to a Zaskar and the LE??

midlifecrashes

Proper thing that, enjoy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.