Home Forums Bike Forum New rockshox making odd noise

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New rockshox making odd noise
  • Carl_419
    Free Member

Hi all,

My new bike came with a set of Rockshox Judy. The first couple of rides out on it they were completely silent, but now they make a creaky clicking noise when drepessed.

Anyone had any similar experiences?
    I wanted to check it’s not just me being overly picky before going down the warranty path.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Rock shox are notorious for shipping with insufficient oil. That’s possibly what the problem is.

Whether it’s easier to sort this yourself or send them back, I’m not sure.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s the fork? Could be headset or a few things. CSU being a bad fit from the crown to stanchion can cause the noise you describe..

Carl_419
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s the fork? Could be headset or a few things. CSU being a bad fit from the crown to stanchion can cause the noise you describe..

Pretty sure, they’re silent with the lockout on.

oreetmon
    Free Member

Store the bike upside down for a bit, see if the click disappears on first ride (due to oil reaching the important bits) if it starts again ‘half way’ through ride then it’s a lower service/inspection/oil top up.
    Either way, keep an eye on stanchions for wear, especially before the warranty is finished.

At the same time, contact the shop for their advice, by email as it’s a record of a possible IN-warranty problem.

Carl_419
    Free Member

Store the bike upside down for a bit, see if the click disappears on first ride (due to oil reaching the important bits) if it starts again ‘half way’ through ride then it’s a lower service/inspection/oil top up.
    Either way, keep an eye on stanchions for wear, especially before the warranty is finished.

At the same time, contact the shop for their advice, by email as it’s a record of a possible IN-warranty problem.

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. Not having much luck with the shop I bought it from (despite being a Specialized concept store!). I contacted them about another issue with the bike caused when they put it together, and they just said “take it to your local bike shop”.

Yak

Probably worth dropping the lowers and putting the correct oil volumes in. Also give the wiper seals a soak too.

fathomer

I’d check the upper leg top caps are tight, really tight. Not sure of the terminology but the bit you unscrew to get to the tokens or remove the damper.

danmac
    Free Member

Weirdly i just watched a video on this on the tube. He had a spesh fuse. Turned out to be a missing o ring on the air cap i believe. Il try find the link. It may/may not be of any help

danmac
    Free Member

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New rockshox making odd noise’ is closed to new replies.