Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New MTB shoes advice
  • stcolin
    Free Member

So, my 4 year old Five Ten Freeriders are looking very tired and need replaced. My first dilemma is do I stick with flats, or go back to clips. I have clips on my hardtail, but flats on my Reign. I haven’t rode much at all this last 18 months, so maybe flats will help with dabbing duties. the Freeriders have been great, nice grip, but the sole is very stiff for walking in. A bit ankle protection would also be nice.

I’d like a shoe with a bit more weather protection, but doesn’t have to be top end Gore-Tex or anything.

The new Five Ten (Adidas) Trailcross shoes have caught my eye. I like the looks, and it doesn’t appear that I’ll lose any of that famous Five Ten grip.

Or, does anyone have experiences of other flat pedal shoes that are hard wearing for all seasons?

Thanks 🙂

desperatebicycle
    stcolin
    Free Member

Thanks. I remembered seeing a thread for something like that a while back, but my search missed it.

stcolin
    Free Member

Went for a pair of the Five Ten Trailcross Mid Pro. Good bit lighter than the Freerider, much less stiff upper and looks that will grow on me I’m sure.

Now, I just need to actually ride my bike now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New MTB shoes advice’ is closed to new replies.