Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)
  • New Forest Ride – Sunday 17th May
  • DezB
    Free Member

Or a gurny face?

Lummox

Sounds like a good way to spend a sunday, only just down the road so i’m interested in getting along, might bring a couple of mates who live in ‘the forest’

Lummox

dobo
    Free Member

its the Southern XC that day at crow hill just down the road from Burley, but i’ll keep an eye out for you lot!

singletrackmind

HHmmm CLIC24 or Merida for me unfortunatly. Enjoy the ride and be sure to take some piccies.

STM

aleigh
    Free Member

I am the queen of tractor riding and face pulling – you have to be able to do both at the same time if you want to ride one in the New Forest 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Shall I post the pic? 😀

aleigh
    Free Member

Ummmmmmmmm – no thank you! 😆

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Is it too late for me to join the merry gang?

It sounds like we are going near a place I know well!

cinnamon_girl

Of course you can join us WCA 😀

rOcKeTdOg

WCA is wearing a thong???

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Do you need photos?

rOcKeTdOg

no i’m not bulimic

B-_good_effort
    Free Member

I’m local too (Romsey) would be great to . . . alas already booked Crow Hill xc.

. . . . damn

I love cinnamon too . .

cinnamon_girl

WCA – please leave the thong at home cos you might frighten the ponies 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I will be riding without a thong on then

cinnamon_girl

Final details will be posted up within the next couple of days.

But … confirmation from the man himself … WCA will NOT be wearing a thong. However, he may be riding a shonky bike without a helmet 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have a 20 mile route that I can send to anyone once I work out how to get it out of the Rides.gdb file. It starts at the second car park on the right once you leave the A31 for Burley.

You leave the A31 and head towards Burley. There is an obvious car park that is normally full on the right. About 300 yards further along the road is another larger car park entrance. I suggest we meet there as it is bigger.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Is there a final decision on meeting place/time etc for Sunday?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, it’s this weekend coming? Silly me; I thought it was last weekend just gone, you were on about!

I’ve not been very well.

tootallpaul

Poor rudeboy.. All confused.

What’s the plan?

juan
    Free Member

you do now soton is only 70 miles from london rd dont you 😉
    so it’s only going to be a one hour journey one and half top 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Don’t talk shit, Juan. Even with Ollie’s driving, ittul take over two hours. You’re forgetting; we don’t live on the very tip of South West London, we live in the East. This involves A2-M25-M3. A total of around 120 miles. Add in a brekkie/fuel stop at Clackett Lane, you’re talking 2.5 hrs, roughly. It’s a 2 litre VW, not a 6-litre V12 Mercedes, ffs.

Then, there’s another 20 mins or so, when I get a bit confuddled, and mis-read the directions.

Add in another 30 mins for me to get ready, and we might as well just come 3 weeks before, just so’s we can be on time.

And it’s next weekend, so there’s not enough time.

One hour journey. 🙄

Someone have a word with him, please…

cinnamon_girl

I shall be posting up final details tomorrow once my pretty little head has decided what they are 🙄

RudeBoy – as your ex-fiancee, I know you are just being damn lazy cos you normally love these rides 😀

Shall I have a word with Ollie?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No, have a word with Juan. He seems to think ittul take us only an hour or so, to get from East London to the New Forest. Crazy man.

I don’t think Ollie will be up for it. We went out on Saturday, to the South Downs.

cinnamon_girl

How was the South Downs? How’s the injury now?

Juan – stop causing trouble! Ollie doesn’t drive like WCA!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

South Downs was nice. There was cahs and everything. Ollie tried to stroke a cah, but it ran off. Some bugger had been graffiti-ing the sheep!

We saw some nice pylons, and some burnt out microwaves. I fell off, going down a chalky slope. Done me leg in. Think I’ve ruptured a stomach muscle, too, although it may be a hernia.

All that chalk, right, it’s trillions and quadrillions of fossilised bodies of tiny little sea creatures. Mad.

cinnamon_girl

OK but have you actually de-stressed? Get well soon and don’t forget we have a Chilterns ride on 21st June. Auntie C_G will look after you 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

De-stressed a bit, yes. Just hope the off-licence downstairs does not in any way get robbed again.

£160, they got. £160 quid. And they could face 7 years inside, for armed robbery.

For £160…

cinnamon_girl

London? You can keep it! Not that it’s any better in the Shires these days.

juan
    Free Member

Well ollie neeeds to improve his driving…
    Door to door from mine to the very center of london (little France) it’s a 55 min journey.
    Plus you dont need to stop for fuel or food, are you a sissy or what 😀
    However next time ask you ex to give us a bit more of a warning 😉 I’ll try to make the trip

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The problem is that the local sherrif in London Village is a bit backwards, and seems to think it’s not safe to have the pig farmers and hop gatherers drive at over 30mph. So even though it’s only a little place it takes AGES to get out of, and they all stare at you as you leave, muttering “There be dragons! Leave it be!” and when you try to return “Begone! Outzider!”
    And of course the roads are so bad that even the town blacksmith can’t keep all the carts working properly for long, and is so busy he’s been skimping on fixing the little bridge over the stream, you know, the one that lifts up to let rowing boats out…..

juan
    Free Member

ROFLMFAO at peter…

Wander to clean the screen from coffee

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Weather forcast looks a bit nasty right now….

🙁

juan
    Free Member

Peter come over here it’s very sunny and I want to ride with someone for a change 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The NF is quite sandy so drains well. A little rain between now and Sunday will just dampen the dust.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s the deluge on the day that concerns me. I can’t be bothered with rain this year.
    It could well change before then, though. 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well ollie neeeds to improve his driving…
    Door to door from mine to the very center of london (little France) it’s a 55 min journey.

What, from Southampton? What a load of bollocks. Southampton to the centre of London, is 69 miles, in a straight line. Not by road or anything, in a straight line. As the crow flies. So, you’re talking about a journey of say, 80-90 miles or whatever, in 55 minutes? Yeah, right. What were you driving, a Bugatti Veyron?

You’ve not thought this through, have you, Juan? 🙄

Peter, we have big metal worms that go under the ground, here!

juan
    Free Member

erm when you enter the M3 london is 70 miles away there is a straight line between the two cities, the M3 ;-). Add a couple of miles for southampton intramuros and aonther couple of miles for london intra-muros.

I have done it couple of times and the 55/65 minutes tag is spot on.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I know that it takes about an hour to get to heathrow but when i have gone to putney it has take 1 and a half hours to get there as its so slow once you are in london.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

RudeBoy – Just hitch a lift with the black helicopters that fly low along the Thames, you will be here in no time. The offer of bed and board on Saturday for you and Ollie is still open.

I have managed Southampton to Canterbury in under 2 hours and that is further east than you are. That was in a 1.8 jap crap car not the Merc. I actually commuted there each day for a week.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘New Forest Ride – Sunday 17th May’ is closed to new replies.