Home Forums Bike Forum New bike day, gravel content.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New bike day, gravel content.
  • BigM
    Free Member

New bike arrived today, Sonder Camino Ti, looking forward to putting some miles on this. Hopefully get some nice clear crisp winter days, got some touring planned next year already, I’m quite excited by the prospect, must be getting old….

But first I’ll need to replace the wheels, seatpost, stem, saddle, just because I can.

hardtailonly

Well, it’s STW rules … you can’t have a NBD thread without photos. Preferably in your garden/driveway so we can comment incidentally on your grass/weeds/patio etc.

Enjoy though. I had a prolonged loan of a Ti Camino a few years ago, was very nice!

w00dster

Photos?
    And what’s the plans for the upgrades?
    I bought a PlanetX Tempest about a month ago, upgrades are Zipp Seatpost, Stem and Bars. Wheels wise, I’m just waiting on a new freehub /Shimano DT Swiss to Campag New thingy majig, once that arrives they’ll be going on my Bontrager Aeolus 38mm carbon wheels. This will be in more of a road and dry gravel set up (38mm slick tyres).

Like you, I’ve also got some touring planned for next year….and the new bike is actually making me want to do the Rapha Festive 500 for the first time.
    My girlfriends French and family are all out there. First tour is from Marseille to Mont Ventoux and then over to Chamonix. Got to wait for the snow to melt…..so probably end of May.

ads678

But first I’ll need to replace the wheels

No, the first thing you need to do is take some pics and post them up here!!!

Seriously, what is it with NBD threads not adhering the rules lately….

BigM
    Free Member

Pics tomorrow then, can’t stand the pressure 😁
    Quite jealous of the French tour.
    We’re planning to do some of the Euro velo 6 route.

nickingsley

With thanks to the Alpkit ByC team and their patience .. ..

20241021_111246

Dry autumn day and a Camino Ti, perfect for a quick spin :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.