• This topic has 44 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by mashr.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • New bike day disapointment
  • homerun
    Free Member

Just checked my old emails from when I bought a Canyon in 2012. £13 for the Box and £33 for postage. Does the postage get absorbed these days?

It’s still £32.99 to the UK. On top of the box.

escrs
    Free Member

*****************************2ND UPDATE**********************

So Canyon have refunded my credit card, so all is good

New bike is built, Ive added a FOX dropper with a Wolftooth remote, some carbon bottle cages, changed the saddle for a Specialized Henge Comp , converted the tyres to tubeless, changed the bars and stem to a Specialized set i had lying around

Also added a Specialized SWAT Conceal Carry Tool (Multi tool and chain tool that goes in the steerer tube) and a Specialized SWAT Mountain Bandit (mounts under the saddle and carries a tube, tyre levers and a Co2 cartridge)

Just waiting for the HOPE E4 brakes to turn up today

Bike weighed 10.2kg without pedals according to Canyon, it now weighs in at 11.4kg with the upgrades/extras, im happy with that

90962308_2776778042378187_1501176432427008000_n<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

greeny30
    Free Member

My pre order Hope stuff arrived just before their shutdown, perfect timing. Currently Wheel building.

escrs
    Free Member

The Hope E4 brakes turned up on Sat, i ordered them from Wiggle who carry stock rather than having them made to order like some shops do

Hit a small snag though

The rear caliper sits in between the chain and seat stay on this frame rather than on top of the seat stay

The caliper fits but there is only the smallest of gaps between the caliper’s piston housing and the seat stay, the gap is so small a Rizla paper would only just get through it and i reckon any flex in the frame over rough ground or if the caliper moved ever so slightly the frame will rub on the caliper causing damage to the carbon

So have ordered an X2 rear caliper and will fit that on the rear and keep the rear E4 caliper as spare (have E4’s on another bike and V4’s on another)

mashr

Please tell me you took the bike for a couple of rides before firing a catalogues worth of parts at it? Especially being a mail order bike that could make for an interesting warranty chat if required

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New bike day disapointment’ is closed to new replies.