Viewing 34 posts - 3,921 through 3,954 (of 3,954 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • desperatebicycle

Re my post above – don’t watch Spotless! The series ends on a cliffhanger and they didn’t get a 2nd series made. Leaves it feeling kind of flat. 😕

spacemonkey

On E4 of Fallout and it’s fun so far. some amazing visual FX interspersed with sequences that wouldn’t look out of place in Blake 7, eg the titan flying over the scrapyard and the gulper/squire attack.

Also watching The Dropout about the deluded fraudster Elizabeth Holmes and her company Theranos. Wow, she’s turns into a real nasty piece of work. Can’t believe she managed to string so many people along, including the Board, for so many years.

andy5390

Did you get the same? Curious to see how many ads there are, and if it’s watchable.

That’s the subscription I have. Last time we had a 6 episode binge, there were about two adverts across the 6 episodes @20-30 seconds each

timba
    Free Member

In the Land of Saints and Sinners (2023)

Irish crime / terrorism film. Top Irish cast and Liam Neeson kills people, but one of his better films.

It has a sense of community, but loneliness

gordimhor

Arrival a really good intelligent film in which aliens arrive on earth .

nickc

Spoilers ⬆

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Land of Saints and Sinners

That was great, well worth a watch.

crazy-legs

Bullet Train is new to Netflix – it’s wildly silly but quite amusing.

zilog6128

Bullet Train is new to Netflix – it’s wildly silly but quite amusing.

much better than I expected! Some slightly sub-Guy Ritchie dialogue but I did enjoy the Thomas The Tank Engine sub plot 😂

misteralz
    Free Member

Weird – Bullet Train was on my Netflix about six months ago and was taken off last month!

eckinspain
    Free Member

Silo on AppleTV+ – fabulous stuff and another 3 seasons to come apparently.

zilog6128

Weird – Bullet Train was on my Netflix about six months ago and was taken off last month!

are you not in the UK? (or not using a UK account 😂)?

desperatebicycle

Yeah, watched Bullet Train ages ago

crazy-legs

Yeah, watched Bullet Train ages ago

It’s been available on pay-per-view for a while, this is the first time it’s free (well OK “included within standard subscription”). I saw it a long time ago as well but it was worth a rewatch.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Not Netflix, obviously, but we’ve just watched both series of Kin. Very good to watch and not too many plot holes or (usual for dramas / films) “why TF did they do that??” moments. Although, having said that, I believe series 1 has just dropped on Netflix. We watched both in iPlayer

nicko74

Serendipity there bikingcatastrophe – we finally started Kin last night. It’s hilarious watching going “oh him. And him, and him too” – basically every Irish actor they could round up.
    One episode in, and it’s already clearly streets ahead of Love/ Hate, albeit that Aiden Gillen plays basically the same character.

Latest series of Wisting is good. Short (4 episodes), as usual a bit lighter than things like Bordertown, although a bit darker than previous Wistings.

vinnyeh

Anyone watching Sugar on Apple? Watched the first two or three episodes, enjoyed it as an LA Confidential type thing, with an undercurrent of  a conspiracy thread running through it.

I’m all caught up now. Is there anyone there with me?

Houns

Just watched Renegades on Prime.

I suggest you all do too.

DrJ

Arrival a really good intelligent film in which aliens arrive on earth .

Reminded me a lot of video meetings with our Beijing office.

Kryton57

Have the removed The Bear? I watched two episodes and it’s gone….

On a side note, Top Boy has reappeared per after their the series and Jasmine Jobson aka Jax won a BAFTA each.

zilog6128

Just watched Renegades on Prime.

I suggest you all do too.

looks like a pound-shop Expendables. Actually, “pound-shop” might be vastly overestimating the budget 😂 Will probably give it a go tho next time I’ve had a few beers!!

Caher

Enjoyed Bodkin in a comfortable kind of way.

Houns

You’ll need more than a few beers

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

If you enjoyed watching the dazzling animation of the Guillermo Del Torro stuff (troll hunters/ wizards), then you’ll probably enjoy watching ‘Maya and the Three’.

chakaping
    Free Member

Have the removed The Bear? I watched two episodes and it’s gone….

It must still be on Disney because they are aggressively marketing it all the time.

You didn’t forget which service it was on, did you? 😉

DrJ

Anyone watching Sugar on Apple? Watched the first two or three episodes, enjoyed it as an LA Confidential type thing, with an undercurrent of  a conspiracy thread running through it.

I’m all caught up now. Is there anyone there with me?

Yes, it’s not a classic but we’re enjoying it. MrsJ spotted the twist after a couple of episodes but it was a surprise to me 🙂

Kryton57

You didn’t forget which service it was on, did you?

😳.  And thanks. 🤦🏻

toby1

The Bear

I feel like it deserves another mention, probably my favourite show I’ve watched this year. But definitely on DISNEY!

Top Boy, Jax deserved an award.

chakaping
    Free Member

I see there’s talk of a spin-off series about Jaq.

Top Girl I presume.

thols2

Anyone watching Sugar on Apple?

I watched the first episode but Colin Farrell irritates me and I gave up. Didn’t seem terrible, but didn’t do anything to really make we want to keep watching either.

Klunk
    Free Member

Sugar jumps the whale shark in episode 6

smokey_jo

Masterminds on Netflix was good fun brain out stuff if you’re looking to fill 90 minutes

thols2

The Sympathizer on HBO is good so far, based on a novel by a Vietnamese author about a communist double agent who infiltrated the South Vietnamese police and then went to the U.S. as a refugee after the fall of Saigon. Robert Downey Jr. plays multiple weird characters (so all the white guys look the same, basically). Won’t be released in the U.K. for a few more weeks, but available from alternative sources.

walowiz

Silo on AppleTV+ – fabulous stuff and another 3 seasons to come apparently.

just finished it and thought it was excellent, one of the best things we’ve seen in ages. We all immediately checked if it had been renewed for another season. Phew.
    watched bullet train for a second time last night and it was better.

Viewing 34 posts - 3,921 through 3,954 (of 3,954 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM