Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)
  • Neighbour caught sneaking into my house moments after I set off for work.!
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The second I drove up the street to go to work yesterday afternoon the neighbour kindly let him self in through the back door and started to mooch around the house. We share a back garden and it’s the neighbours boyfriend to be precise. Both next door and me have never had a problem with security before and we leave all manner of shite lying around the garden, we even share a shed with all of our bikes in. The is/was a strong feeling of trust between us.
    What the neighbour didn’t know was the girlfriend was up from Devon for a few days and was sat of the sofa on her ipad. She heard the back door open and then the door into the kitchen and went to investigate. Cue one surprised and guilty looking neighbour tip toeing around the kitchen. The girlfriend told him to do one and he did rather sheepishly but not before trying to tell her that he was “just making sure the house was ok as the back door was open” Considering the back door has been open for the last five years this does not wash with me.
    To say I was fuming would be an understatement.

So what would you do in this situation?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tell the G/F to get dressed before you go to work??

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If she was undressed I don’t think he would have bothered.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

5-O

wwaswas

So what would you do in this situation?

If a man is coming into the house when there’s women on their own there then I’d be phoning the police.

It’s not going to make for pleasant neighbour relations but he’s crossed a big line there.

Without your girlfriend being there, I’d think about calling the police anyway.

Either way I’d be getting cctv on the back of the house before I felt ‘safe’ leaving the place again.

everyone
    Free Member

Why would anyone think that’s acceptable? Ruddy people.

kayak23

Feds…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

everyone – Member

Indeed. Perfectly sane, normal people using the term “5-0” like they’re some sort of west coast gangster.

Pffft.

*Edit – And “Feds”. FFS. When I come to power, etc….*

fasthaggis

Check your knicker drawer..

IHN

Lock the back door.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Either way I’d be getting cctv on the back of the house before I felt ‘safe’ leaving the place again.

Or just lock the door?

alfabus
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to work out whether this is a clever metaphor for the crimean crisis, a la this thread from the past 🙂

Leku
    Free Member

New tooth brush time.

Is your ‘stash’ still safe?

matt_outandabout

Go and have a chat. I suspect the embarrassment of being caught and then faced up will prevent any future problems.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Bike in, doors locked and stern warning issued. ****.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not locking the back door = PayPal gift? 😀

Seriously though, I’d be giving plod a call. (Plod is okay, isn’t it flashy?!)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Dog poo through their letterbox.

Seriously…

Police – he’s just broken and entered, immediately after he thought you’d left the house for work, and the only reason I can think of is to have a quick butchers for anything worth tea leafing.

freeagent
    Free Member

Lock back door in future – it isn’t the 1920’s anymore.

Change locks if you think they might have a key.

Report to police – he was trespassing.

martinhutch

Police. Just imagine the look on the scrote’s face when he sees the patrol car pull up outside. 🙂

This place is slipping, though. Several posts in and no ‘back doors’ quip.

hora
    Free Member

Erm, might seem a little paranoid but any loans/credit cards/catalogue deliveries taken out in your name without you knowing? Seems very odd what he was doing.

Could he have been hooking up and stealing your power whilst you were out? (bizarre but hey my imagination).

I’m ‘guessing’ but if you have any spare keys in drawers etc it wouldn’t take long for him to get one cut/replace the original.

brassneck

everyone – Member
    Indeed. Perfectly sane, normal people using the term “5-0” like they’re some sort of west coast gangster.

Pffft.

*Edit – And “Feds”. FFS. When I come to power, etc….*

How about: ‘Blimey! Call the peelers!’

yossarian
    Free Member

I would also speak to the police and neighbourhood watch as well. It’s unlikely to be the first time he’s been in your house and it’s also unlikely to be the only house he’s been in.

Edit: I’d also check and double check all of your valuables and other important docs like passports, bank statements etc. don’t just lock your door now, change your locks.

ads678

Stern warning! I would be going frickin crazy. I go mad if someone leaves my gate open…..

Oh and, back door…..fnar, fnar….

hora
    Free Member

I would be going frickin crazy. I go mad if someone leaves my gate open let…..

If someone glances at my house I fire black widows out of my secret observation window then run out in just my loin-cloth to finish them off.

kcal

“bobbies”

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Perfectly sane, normal people

Jumping to conclusions there….

My guess is he’s a bit of a high level dangerwanking ace.

he’s just broken and entered

Except he didn’t break, he just entered. Not sure the police would be too bothered TBH. Best change the locks and use them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Meebies the G/F “invited” him in, dunno, might be… 😐

ads678

If someone glances at my house I fire black widows out of my secret observation window then run out in just my loin-cloth to finish them off.

I fire mutant sharks at them, sharks that shoot bees!!

hora
    Free Member

My guess is he’s a bit of a high level dangerwanking ace.

I just lol’d. yeah cheers for that. 😳

wwaswas

then run out in just my loin-cloth to finish them off.

*reaches for mind bleach*

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seems very odd what he was doing.

Indeed, it does seem very odd behaviour. We don’t quite know the OP’s situation e.g. I would assume the vast majority of us don’t go out and leave our back doors unlocked every day or have a shared shed with the neighbour. Is it normal for you to walk in and out of one another’s houses? Do you normally enter through each other’s back doors? Did the guy see that you were gone and want to see your girlfriend by coming in the back door? Perhaps he’s bored with his present girlfriend’s back door?

bokonon
    Free Member

Report to police – he was trespassing.

Trespass is a civil matter, the police won’t do anything. Given the building was unlocked, there is little you can do after the event, and even if the person is squatting, then you still need a court order to evict.

jon1973
    Free Member

Not locking the back door = PayPal gift?

Do you really lock the door when you’re in the house?

Is it really that unreasonable/stupid to leave the door unlocked if someone is inside?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Very suspect behavior. My first instinct is ‘go and give him a hiding!’ But then I guess we’re all imagining your neighbour as some scrotey alchy/scaghead looking to rob you. Only you know him, could there be an alternative explanation?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Meebies the G/F “invited” him in, dunno, might be…

😈

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I always lock the door when I’m in the house. Stops people wandering in as per this case.

What happens to your house insurance if you leave the house unlocked and someone comes and clears you out?

Report to police – he was trespassing

Perhaps he was scoping out a cheeky trail

What happens to your house insurance if you leave the house unlocked and someone comes and clears you out? [/I]

Normally there has to be proof of a break in?

kimbers

Id buy some new toothbrushes on the way home

BigDummy
    Free Member

I once disturbed a gentleman of the mildly stoned persuasion who had wandered into my house from the street. He was very unhappy about my doing a Malcolm Tucker at him while holding a hammer, and claimed he had only come in because he was cold. I did not believe him or desist. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour caught sneaking into my house moments after I set off for work.!’ is closed to new replies.